User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default INTJs are inherently very subjective

I was reading over some old posts by people, and it stikes me that although INTJs usually use a ton of extraverted thinking, and IT is how people recognize them, that thier dominant function is intensely subjective.
    please discuss....

MBTI
    ENFJ

This is very, very true.

An INTJs dominant function is Ni, an introverted irrational function. When somebody deals with an INTJ, they are automatically dealing with introverted intuition, a terrible creature that directs all processes and thinking yet never shows itself directly, deciding what is good and just and right in the world with very little external input.

INTJs will try to rationalize their subjective views and ideas with objective methods, reasoning, and information. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes what they produce from this is good, and sometimes it's bad. It all depends on the skill of the INTJ.

I'm inclined to say that INTJs are the most subjective of the NTs.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

from one of our own
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...j-profile.html

the first 4 paragraphs are very insightful
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    JIxT

Eh. This is probably true, but because I am an InTJ, I find that my Ti takes a more dominant position. It surpresses my irrationality and subjectiveness. If you suspect me of possibly showing a lot of subjectiveness, I can be very one-sided after I decide on a side. Alliteration, YAY!
    In a lot of ways, I am glad I have a weak Ni.
    INTJs are probably the most subjective of the NTs, because the more they think one-sided, the more they convince themselves of the "rationality" and "sense" they speak of.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Eh. This is probably true, but because I am an InTJ, I find that my Ti takes a more dominant position. It surpresses my irrationality and subjectiveness. If you suspect me of possibly showing a lot of subjectiveness, I can be very one-sided after I decide on a side. Alliteration, YAY!
    In a lot of ways, I am glad I have a weak Ni.
    INTJs are probably the most subjective of the NTs, because the more they think one-sided, the more they convince themselves of the "rationality" and "sense" they speak of.
    Sriv, I've been meaning to ask you this. You claim to be an InTJ, with a weak Ni and more developed Ti.

What would you say that your order of functions looks like? What's it like to have a weak leading function?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

While my thought process is likely not the best example of INTJ thought, I can tell you that it is tempting to consciously exclude (for the purposes of concision for one's audience) cognitive steps.

This oddity is difficult to rationalize as the Ni (when tempered by the Te) becomes a successive (sometimes rapid) series of segments that seem disjointed to others, but often have sophisticated interrelationships.

Often, these interstitial bridges retain legitimate meaning solely within the INTJ.

Successfully communicating these interrelationships is what distinguishes the effective INTJ from the obscure.

Dislocated thoughts connecting through tacit undermeanings seem the signature of the INTJ.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Sriv, I've been meaning to ask you this. You claim to be an InTJ, with a weak Ni and more developed Ti.

What would you say that your order of functions looks like? What's it like to have a weak leading function?
    It feels very confusing. My mind is like a whirlpool, unlike my complexion and physical appearence. There are holes in everything, because my Ni is not very strong, it just sparks at random and almost makes decisions for me and then turns off. These holes are unexplainable and illogical. I think I developed a very strong T as a response to this. My general sense that logic is good and should be strived for helped my T gain power. This led to oppression of F. Another side effect was that Ni needed some replacement so Ti became more prevalent, still less than Te, but still relatively high.

You know me well enough to know that I do not have much S, but I do have a tolerance of it unlike a lot of other N's. I admire Si more than people with obnoxiously large N and I wish I had some more Se.

Although the Ni has been downplayed, it is how I gather information and so still dominant.
    Te has been replaced with Ti. I am very reliant on logic.
    F in general has been caged. I do not even understand it. I understand how it affects others, but not how it affects me.
    Se is still inferior. I am horrible at responding quickly to situations because I have to interpret it the right way, put it through my logic department, and foresee the consequences of the actions I can possibly take. Ah well, I get along.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Sriv, are you sure that you are not INTP?

MBTI
    JIxT

Positive! My J function is super-charged and I fit many descriptions of an INTJ. The test gave me vague results so I just started reading descriptions of types and INTJ was the bulls-eye. Except for the daydreaming part. I tend to be more concentrated and down-to-earth.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    Positive! My J function is super-charged and I fit many descriptions of an INTJ. The test gave me vague results so I just started reading descriptions of types and INTJ was the bulls-eye. Except for the daydreaming part. I tend to be more concentrated and down-to-earth.
    Well, many descriptions overlap to an extent.

Also... ISTJs can appear as INTJs, depending on the environment they were raised. Hmmm...

Sriv? Can I borrow your brain for a few days? I need to analyze it. I'll get it back to you, mostly unharmed...