First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I wish people would stop assaulting INTJ's
    the only reason people do that is because they are uncomfortable with themselves
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    I wish people would stop assaulting INTJ's
    the only reason people do that is because they are uncomfortable with themselves
    Who is assaulting INTJs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Who is assaulting INTJs?
    it seems a little bit of everyone
    forum to forum
    they seem like one of the most misunderstood types
    not necessarily a direct thrashing on this forum
    but i don't see hearts and hugs next to them either
    I N V I C T U S

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    INTJs, emotionless and cold? Are you dealing with an INTJ and not an INTP there?
    Do you acknowledge that the only difference is the need for closure (J) or open options (P)? How did you make that kind of leap? If anything, the more "open" of the two, in all probablilty, would come across as more amicable. And catch either one operating from pure "N" (without T influence) and it might look playful and/or warm.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    it seems a little bit of everyone
    forum to forum
    they seem like one of the most misunderstood types
    not necessarily a direct thrashing on this forum
    but i don't see hearts and hugs next to them either
    From what I understand, every loser who wants to be seen as intelligent takes up the label of "INTJ." So they get a lot of riffraff that isn't actually the type but makes the type look bad. The ones I have encountered on this forum, with one exception, are actually pretty easy to relate with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    From what I understand, every loser who wants to be seen as intelligent takes up the label of "INTJ." So they get a lot of riffraff that isn't actually the type but makes the type look bad. The ones I have encountered on this forum, with one exception, are actually pretty easy to relate with.
    I've noticed that too
    and i want to be known as psychic....INFJ
    ENTJ.....king
    and so on
    eek
    I N V I C T U S

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Most immature INTJs like to exaggerate their differences because to the outside world they are different, wrong, and looked down upon. Then they find MBTI and due to the many inspired things that INTJs are seen as being capable of, they get a huge god complex. Those losers are just trying to compensate for their own perceived shortcomings. At this point both myself and whomever may be perpetuating this false self identity are both aware of their insecurity, so I don't see a need to go any farther.

How do I have the strange feeling that Kiddo finds me to be unable to relate to.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

INTJ's can be subjective in some ways. I think it's the Ni-Fi axis BlueWing referred to. I do know a few INTJ's who are brutally honest with people, but think they're helping them by being that way. I also notice that while they can be very objective in finding the best way to achieve their goal, the goals themselves appear to be set by Fi values (not necessarily high ones... vengeance and money could be the primary values in an underdeveloped xxTJ. Fairness eventually supersedes those in better individuals).

Of course, as an F, I can appreciate their warmth when it does appear. Their motives and concern can become apparent in one-on-one conversations. In fact, once you "see" that side of them, and then go back and look at everything they've ever said from that perspective, you can see a little of that warmth subtly permeating most of what they say, even if it appears cold on the surface.

I'm not sure what I seem like to them, however...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    INTJ's can be subjective in some ways. I think it's the Ni-Fi axis BlueWing referred to. I do know a few INTJ's who are brutally honest with people, but think they're helping them by being that way. I also notice that while they can be very objective in finding the best way to achieve their goal, the goals themselves appear to be set by Fi values (not necessarily high ones... vengeance and money could be the primary values in an underdeveloped xxTJ).

Of course, as an F, I can appreciate their warmth when it does appear. Their motives and concern can become apparent in one-on-one conversations. In fact, once you "see" that side of them, and then go back and look at everything they've ever said from that perspective, you can see a little of that warmth subtly permeating most of what they say, even if it appears cold on the surface.

I'm not sure what I seem like to them, however...
    Exactly
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    Do you acknowledge that the only difference is the need for closure (J) or open options (P)? How did you make that kind of leap? If anything, the more "open" of the two, in all probablilty, would come across as more amicable. And catch either one operating from pure "N" (without T influence) and it might look playful and/or warm.
    I'm making this leap because of what I've heard. INTPs, I've noticed, generally have a more blank ('emotionless') expression than INTJs, who appear more 'focused.' I suppose one could think of 'focus' as cold, but the fact of the appearance of actual nothing there, I'd think, would be colder.

Cold and emotionless should likely be split up. INTPs are more likely to be warm and emotionless and INTJs are more likely to be coldly focused. If... 'warm and emotionless' makes any sense. I think it's one of those combinations that needs to be seen rather than described.

I most certainly do not acknowledge that the only difference between the two is the need for closure or open options because it just plain isn't true. The appearance of these two as being the 'only difference' are from the result of a lot of invisible internal differences between INTPs and INTJs. The one that is more 'open' (INTP) may appear 'warmer and fuzzier' but I assure you, if one were to tear open an INTJ, you'd find a lot more 'warmer fuzziness' than if you tore open an INTP.

Not that I'm recommending it. I never condone vivisection. Wait until they're both dead, at least.