User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    JIxT

I probably blend with a combination of mostly INTJ, some ISTJ, and some INTP.

It never seemed abnormal to me. Many of my characteristics are of the ISTJ, but the dominant function definitely does not match. I have little Si and have no respect in the little respect or patience for traditions. I was raised in an S household, so this may have contributed to the general feeling of "better be safe than sorry" and "taking risks is the devil" influenced my by S parents. Practicality makes perfect logical sense, and so does dismissing concepts too abstract.

My personality in many ways agrees with an INTP, but regarding the P alone, I demonstrate absolutely none of the characteristics of the P.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sriv View Post
    I probably blend with a combination of mostly INTJ, some ISTJ, and some INTP.

It never seemed abnormal to me. Many of my characteristics are of the ISTJ, but the dominant function definitely does not match. I have little Si and have no respect in the little respect or patience for traditions. I was raised in an S household, so this may have contributed to the general feeling of "better be safe than sorry" and "taking risks is the devil" influenced my by S parents. Practicality makes perfect logical sense, and so does dismissing concepts too abstract.

My personality in many ways agrees with an INTP, but regarding the P alone, I demonstrate absolutely none of the characteristics of the P.
    "P" is meaningless when it gets right down to it. It's only a part of the shorthand for interior functions. As long as the functions match, it doesn't matter that one is 'messy' and one is 'neat'. If it agrees with INTP, then why not say INTP? An INTP held down and influenced by an Si family may appear INTJ...

Just musing here. All I'm saying is that something smells fishy here.

MBTI
    ENFJ

INTJs are extremely subjective.

All I can say is that an INTJ works a little like this. Let's say the Jungian functions of an INTJ are given the task to fly a plane from city A to city B.

Ni, Te, Fi, and Se all get on the plane. Ni gets the pilot's seat, of course, and Te gets the copilot's seat. Fi is given a book to placate her on the journey, but Se has nothing to do so he's got his face mashed up against the window and staring outside.

Meanwhile, Ni finds a flaw in the flight plan and draws a new line on the map as a better flight trajectory, a more efficient route from city A to city B. Te is about to look it over when suddenly Ni and Te hear shouting from the cabin. Te goes out to see what's going on and finds Se pointing out the window and shouting about some mountains or something -- Te doesn't really care, and thinks that Se is just acting like his usual ADD self and smacks him around a few times to get him to shut up. When Fi tells Te to please stop it, Te yells at her, and Fi starts crying, both for Se and her own sake.

Ni is still in the cockpit, figuring that the new flight plan is good and continues following it without Te's input. Ni then sips his coffee, pondering solutions to life, the universe, and everything, and the plane goes careening into the same mountains that Se was screaming about earlier, all of them dying instantly.

And that's when the INTJ falls into a sudden coma right in the middle of history class.

MBTI
    JIxT

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    "P" is meaningless when it gets right down to it. It's only a part of the shorthand for interior functions. As long as the functions match, it doesn't matter that one is 'messy' and one is 'neat'. If it agrees with INTP, then why not say INTP? An INTP held down and influenced by an Si family may appear INTJ...

Just musing here. All I'm saying is that something smells fishy here.
    You do not have to explain to me what you are doing. Remember, we think alike.

I agree with INTJ more than INTP. P and J make big differences in looking at the big picture. I only think of possible consequences. I have no need for understanding if there are no practical outcomes. I look only at the end and do not care about the means, unless the means affect the end in an unfavorable way. I think my Si affects J and P the most, but I cannot say that it overrules my Ni which I still use to observe and gather most information.

EDIT: ROFL, that is a really good explaination for the newbie INTJs looking for understanding. You should post it on INTJf.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

@ hap: i agree, sriv can't be an INTJ

maybe istj? or estj?

MBTI
    ENFJ

You do not have to explain to me what you are doing. Remember, we think alike.

I agree with INTJ more than INTP. P and J make big differences in looking at the big picture. I only think of possible consequences. I have no need for understanding if there are no practical outcomes. I look only at the end and do not care about the means, unless the means affect the end in an unfavorable way. I think my Si affects J and P the most, but I cannot say that it overrules my Ni which I still use to observe and gather most information.

EDIT: ROFL, that is a really good explaination for the newbie INTJs looking for understanding. You should post it on INTJf.
    I can think of two possible explanations:
    1) You are not an INTJ but rather another type and are denying it
    2) You are an INTJ and you are currently downplaying the importance of your Ni because it is a function that cannot be trusted, and you value your competence too much to admit your reliance on it

I guess there are a few more:
    3) You do not fit into the MBTI at all but rather have a new psychology setup
    and lastly
    4) You are mentally unbalanced; MBTI is meant to describe healthy people, the fact that you cannot fit in anywhere is a sign that you have become mentally unhinged

Are you sure that when you're talking about Ni, you're not referring to Ne?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

what about ESTJ with strong Ne

MBTI
    JIxT

???

I am very introspective. An example: I have one good friend in every class and one best friend who is the first one I had in my life. I keep these friends to maintain social dignity and pretend to be accepted so people do not get a bad first impression of me. A bad first impression could snowball into becoming a social outcast. They are my good friends for a reason, we both benefit from the relationship, but I am quite lazy in introducing myself to others and suck at social skills in general. All my experiences are very INTJ. My thought processes may slightly differ. Idk, I don't get Ne, Ni very well as it pertains to me. I have already concluded that I am an InTJ, but I like this re-evaluation. It is good to doubt.

If I am defective, I would not know of it. I can conform very well...when I want to. Usually I hate it. I like this idea of mental unhingeing. It comforts me. Hmm...if I am in denial, I would not know of it. Why would I lie? It could be just plain ignorance or lack of research into MBTI. After I figured out I was an INTJ, my heavy research slowed to almost none.

MBTI
    ENFJ

???

I am very introspective. An example: I have one good friend in every class and one best friend who is the first one I had in my life. I keep these friends to maintain social dignity and pretend to be accepted so people do not get a bad first impression of me. A bad first impression could snowball into becoming a social outcast. They are my good friends for a reason, we both benefit from the relationship, but I am quite lazy in introducing myself to others and suck at social skills in general. All my experiences are very INTJ. My thought processes may slightly differ.
    Hah! That's the final nail in the coffin. Experience doesn't matter to INTJs. Lol.

On a more serious note, ISTJs put more weight on memory than INTJs. What is important is not that the experiences match up but rather that the thought processes do. If the thought processes match another type better than the one you've already picked out, then you are the other type.

What are these experiences, though? Why do you believe that they point to INTJ personality type?

For the record, introspection usually only points to introversion. Your general distrust of intuition is making me think it's an inferior function...

MBTI
    JIxT

Intuition is probably something that I use regularly, but cannot explain rationally so I just seem like I am more S. Or maybe I am S and I am in denial, but the big picture does not point towards S.
    I learn from my experiences and apply them to the present and future. I actually forget experiences long-term. I have no memory of my experiences before I was 5. After 5, they are muddled until 10. I am in my teens now. My experiences as in what I faced. It was not an easy process for me to conform, but once I got it, I could do it like only an ES could.

"In forming relationships, INTJs tend to seek out others with similar character traits and ideologies. Agreement on theoretical concept is an important aspect of a relationship. By nature INTJs tend to be demanding in their expectations and approach relationships in a very rational manner. As a result, an INTJ may not always respond to a naturally occurring infatuation but wait for a mate who better fits his or her set criteria. Persons with this personality type are very stable, reliable and dedicated. Harmony in relationships and home life tends to be extremely important to the INTJ. He or she tends to withhold strong emotion and does not like to "waste" time with irrational social rituals. This, however, may cause non-INTJs to perceive him or her as distant and reserved." - Wikipedia, INTJ
    Straight from wikipedia and describes me perfectly on my relationship experience.

Lets take this conversation, however subjective it may be, to my blog.