123 Last

Junior Member DeweyCheatem-n-Howe's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Default INTP + INTJ + Expensive ring = ???

Hi NT folks, newbie to the forums here (and relative newbie to typology in general). I got interested into the whole science because of some marital strife, which caused a great deal of introspection.

So... my wife is an INTJ (possibly ISTJ, but I don't think so). Was wondering if any INTPs were married to/in a long-term relationship with an INTJ, or vise-versa. What's your experience? How do you get along, how do you interact, and on a very basic level, do you interact?

Thanks, and looking forward to getting a lot of whiny, self-serving questions answered as bluntly as possible!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Why are you asking about ISTJs if you think your wife is an INTJ? I have been in a long-term relationship with an INTP for > 10 years, so if you have questions about INTP/INTJ, ask away.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Why are you asking about ISTJs if you think your wife is an INTJ? I have been in a long-term relationship with an INTP for > 10 years, so if you have questions about INTP/INTJ, ask away.
    Argh, typo! Thanks... fixed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

What kind of answers are you looking for?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    What kind of answers are you looking for?
    Anecdotes from those who have either successful or failed INTP/INTJ relationships, with speculation as to what elements of life were most challenging and what elements of the two types were most complimentary. If you succeeded, what issues did you have to overcome and how did you do it; if you didn't, what was the biggest issue that sunk the relationship.

As a bit of an MBTI newbie, I'm more than happy to receive links on already-published works about the interplay between the types. I've read a bit, but most of it seems to be forum posts here and at other typology forums, so anything authoritative is quite welcome.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what does the expensive ring have to do with it hahaha? just...you already bought the ring so you better make it work? like that? hahaha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what does the expensive ring have to do with it hahaha? just...you already bought the ring so you better make it work? like that? hahaha
    I think expensive ring is just stand-in for words to the effect of: 'being in a long term romantic relationship". So, he is asking for other people who have been part of that equation to share stories.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 01-26-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: my own reading comprehension
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I think expensive ring is just stand-in for words to the effect of: 'being in a long term romantic relationship". So, he is asking for other people who have been part of that equation to share stories.
    This.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTp

My romantic relationship with an INTJ didn't go well, but that was not because of personality conflicts. We're still great friends and have deep, intellectual conversations. Last time we got together, we discussed the differences between metaphorical and literal interpretations of the Bible, what to do when zombies attack, and our ideal utopian worlds. Also some other stuff I don't remember. In MBTI terms, our primary connection is in sharing NT. I'm not totally sure how a long term romantic relationship would go.
    MBTI: INTP (PNIT if you wanna put it in order of strength.)
    Socionics: INTp
    Enneagram: 5w4
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: (usually) Very Liberal
    Religious Stance: (roughly) Secular Humanist
    Class: Wizard
    Stereotype: Geek/Hippie

Also, credit for my new avatar goes to this person. I found it on the google.

MBTI
    INTP

I met an INTJ girl a while ago. She was the only girl I've ever really connected with. We went on a lot of dates and talked about every day or every other day. All the dates and every time we talked was unreal. She is my favorite person I've ever met. One day she didn't pick up my call. I tried calling/e-mailing for a while, but never heard from her again. I would love to met another INTJ someday. I guess I really don't have any advice I thought I would just share my story.