User Tag List

12311 Last

Exclamation What are the differences between ENTJ & ENTP??

I have met several people whom I thought were ENTP's but they have insisted they were ENTJ's.

Why did I think so? Because their homes had some of the 'chaos' I have witnessed in "P" homes and because these women seemed kind of all over the place, flexible etc, very friendly and outgoing.

Now, my uncle, mind you, is an ENTJ so I know what HE looks like...but can someone help me see why I am getting these women all wrong???

TIA...
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    ENFJ

ENTJ: Concentrated Evil

ENTP: Highly Combustible

Pick the one that suits your friends the best.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

LOL
    thats it
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

ENTJs run the world, and ENTPs want to destroy it.

They both have evil laughs.

There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    ENFJ

Anyway, while I'm supposed to be doing homework, I'll give you a serious answer.

The only way you're going to figure this out is if you compare the evidence.

"P" and "J" aren't functions but are a part of the shorthand that abbreviates for the functions.

ENTJ: Te, Ni, Se, Fi

and

ENTP: Ne, Ti, Fe, Si

As you can see, they're really quite different. Also, these create an archetype, something that is not going to fit any person perfectly, but you're looking for best fit, correct? You always are with MBTI, anyway...

But simply talking about P and J. A combination of functions will either orient towards gathering information (P) or making decision (J). Both types can do both, but one is generally more natural to each person, the usual mode of living. While a P type may be called upon to make a decision and then they do it, a J type will decide, decide, decide, decide, decide all the time whether outside forces tell them to or not because that's just how they function and find it easier to live.

All people will seem "P" sometimes, and all people will seem "J" sometimes. Generally, an ENTJ will seek to order things outside of them to suit a vision of what they think will 'work better.' ENTPs are more suited towards information gathering. It really has nothing to do with the appearance of 'chaos' (which, if they are ENTJ, there's likely a method to their madness) or outgoing and friendliness. The only thing I see there that might affect P versus J is 'flexibility,' though. A J type will generally seem less flexible than a P type, but also, there are situations where a J may allow for flexibility, or find the situation requiring flexibility inevitable and force themselves around it without too much fuss -- especially an NT, who can easily find a logical reason why something could not have been avoided, and will likely just suck it up and plough on through anyway.

How well do you really know them? Take a really good look at their habits. Also, if they're interested in MBTI, coerce them into a discussion about it, and find a way to point out your thoughts on their perceived type. They will likely have justification for whatever type they claim to be. If they could care less about MBTI and just took the test because you told them to, don't bring it up and continue silent observation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

Horrible description.

For one, all NT's are concentrated.

So youre basically just saying that ENTJs are more evil. Which is not true at all. I'd think ENTPs with their machievellian frame of mind are one of the most evil types.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Horrible description.

For one, all NT's are concentrated.

So youre basically just saying that ENTJs are more evil. Which is not true at all. I'd think ENTPs with their machievellian frame of mind are one of the most evil types.
    I'd say that ENTPs would be more likely to have traces of nitroglycerin on them than ENTJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

ENTPs can pass as ENFPs on the surface. Once you look closer youll find a colder more rational mind. They're out of control just as ENFPs can be and seem to "flow" with things, but the ENTPs know what theyre doing and where they want to be heading. IME ENFP are just wacky and zany. Like ESFPs but more creative and dreamy.

ENTP - More loose. Open. Laid back.
    ENTJ - More hard ass. Rigid.

Also ENTPs come in more variations than ENTJ. The ENTJs I know are all pretty much the same. Spitting out a hundred thoughts, barely giving you a chance to get a word in. Ive met ENTPs that range from the stereotypical hyper nut-jobs to more down to earth serious ones. Business savy ENTPs to total rebellious ENTPs.

Both ENTJ and ENTP are leaders. ENTP more the kind that takes you under their wing and convinces you the sky is green and he can walk on water. Theyre great at building followers out of others. ENTJ the kind that just tells you what to do. More like an ESTJ.

MBTI
    ENFJ

For the record, Sakuraba, what of the introverted NTs?

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

You may disagree with an ENTP but you'd find it hard to dislike him/her completely. You may not trust them completely either.

With an ENTJ, unless you like to be dominated, and agree with everything, chances are you'd find a part of them oppressive to be around. They probably couldn't care less if you like them or not.

That's your difference. ENTPs tend to be inclusive, exploring. ENTJs explore to decide; inclusion only comes if your value to them is clear.