• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are the differences between ENTJ & ENTP??

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Taken from the ENTJ profile:

Introverted iNtuition
The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking's subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.]

----

the above dynamic suggests less individuation, hmm. In this type everything seems to be a struggle for everything or nothing. I am really missing a balanced view there

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yes, for NTJs, less than the best is unacceptable. For NTPs, it's beautiful.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Though thing... *drinks the cheapest beer he found at the gasoline station and tries to imagine the stars beyond the cloudy heavens*

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I just came to think, one funny thing :D. If you broaden your theory jack onto NF :D

Then you are never supposed to tell my girlfriend, what a NTP is looking for .

while on the other hand:

You are never supposed to tell me, what my NFJ girlfriend was looking for :D:D

----

That's gonna result in war, where one side is pissed and the other feels royal :D

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would imagine she wants the best. And to hell with you if you're second best!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
well, they really do see the world as a chess board, though I'm sure many of them deny it, they really do... you've gotta make sure you're not seen as a pawn. Let them feel like the king if they want, then realize you're the queen... they might be invincible, they might be the fulcrum of the team, but in this they're trapped by the responsibilities and authority they themselves assume, and you've got the mobility and flexibility they wish they had, AND you're competent AND loyal... lol

If you're gonna be on the other side of the board, your best bet is to be the king if you want their (grudging) friendship... otherwise you'll just get bulldozed.

This isn't to say ENTJ's are ALWAYS merciless and stuff... I just found the ones I've known to be totally compulsive strategists, approaching many situations in life as a game they must win, with differing goals that can be from cold and cynical to warm and fluffy. But either way, they'll still see it as a chess board. And deny that, especially if it's a personal matter.

If you get a part of an important piece on their team, they'll allow you HUGE levels of autonomy; this is where I find the 'control freak' image they get is deceptive... I don't think that they do really ideally look for 'pawns'... I think they crave more the kinds of competent, reliable people they can just trust to work on their own intiative without fucking things up. I do think that what they really want is to be able to just leave you to it while they get on with their shit. They only come over all 'control freak' if they think they have reason to see you as someone who NEEDS supervision, but I think they actually don't like having to supervize people.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
...but I disagree about them not being creative. I'd say Cpt Janeway from Voyager :)nerd:, obviously) is an ENTJ, and she comes up with a lot of crazy and creative solutions... as have the ones I've worked and lived with for years.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
hehe, well call me idealistic but I tend to not care how anyone sees the world. With that I mean, if someone in the forums for example tells me something, it wont change my actual and real life that I am actively influencing.

I am somewhat warded against people most of the times; the only downside of this thing is, in times where your emotions would overran you, because you surpressed them for too long, you are very vulnerable.

I do not want to see life as a constant challenge, there is no need for it, but you know, like the Sith, the dark side of the force longs for constant challenge to measure who is the strongest and it can lead from rebellion to rebellion, to an eventual erradication. While the light side of the force breeds weakness. Everytime you help someone in need, you strip him of the burden to solve his problem by himself and therefore you weaken him.

The one ENTJ I know in private, keeps laughing at me constantly. But he respects me, he just has another Point of View on things. The intresting thing was, when push came to shove one day, he saw that my solution was the better one and did it my way. And that I see as a quality in life. To be able to admit that you are wrong.

As long as an ENTJ does have that quality, they can be wanted to be seen as evil as they like in my eyes :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
So entropie, are you saying you consciously choose not to use information and knowledge you have to further your aims/situations?

Dunno... that doesn't sound very smart to me...

I guess for me 'using' other people to help me is HOW I help myself... I don't see any particular value in being an island and doing everything on my own. I say 'using' for want of a better word, though I mean it less cynically than that... accepting the help of another person is just one way of solving a problem... why opt for the hard way? I know I COULD do things alone, I have done for years on end, but I don't think it's natural or good for people to be that way. I accept the farmers growing wheat for me and the bakers baking bread for me... why not then accept the help of a colleague to earn more money to buy the bread? IMO, knowing when, and how, to accept help and work with others is as much a thing people need to learn as anything else...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nono, for god's sake :). You, jack, heart, Little_L, pink and a lot more have enriched my life and I wont change that never :). I am in the mood to give something back and I am glad that you are. I take the information in and I process it, it is the undenieable fundament on which my whole existence is built.

When it comes to me, I have a very logical mathematical problem. I come from a society, where, I put it nicely, N's are rare. So I grew up with something of a need to find someone who does speak my language, who understands me. My problem is, during life, I have perfected that need.

Today I am looking for a clone of me. So spoken. And that does not exist.

One of my best friends I ever had in life, always came to me for guidance. He was INTJ and I provided him with guidance. Some day he turned his back on me, telling me I am a manipulator. That was the day, I quitted providing guidance.

I see the best place for me in life to be in between and to be on my own. I'll never be alone, cause that contradicts my very nature but I do not want to take sides either.

I know there will be never that mathematical perfect bond of friendship I search for, so I will always worry, if I am doing things right with my friend, so I do not search for friends. But I wont treat those, who nevertheless come badly, I just know I wont give them anything they want.

because I quitted to use my Intuition with people. It nearly ruined me

energy

MBTI Type
WXYZ
I am going to try to emphasize the core differences between ENTJ and ENTP from a more stereotypical PoV :D
----------------
ENTJ:

Zughund_heute.jpg

------
ENTP:

b26.jpg

----

:D

LMFAO.

ENTP=ENTJs that like to procrastinate
ENTJ=workaholic ENTPs that likes structure, organization, and order

I think Hank Scorpio from simpsons is a machieviellian ENTp though.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJs might not seem creative to a lot of us Ne type because we don't really value Ni. While Ni likes to go to the source, Ne looks for the external manifestations of such things. So we hop from thing to thing to thing to thing, while Ni is quite happy to just talk about the thing that underlies all of those objects.

Peter

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am going to try to emphasize the core differences between ENTJ and ENTP from a more stereotypical PoV :D
----------------

Very funny and so correct, especially the ENTJ. Except for the fact that it is a dog. Dogs like to do as they´re told, ENTJ's like to do as they think is what they should do.

As an INTJ that's the inflexibility in ENTJ's that sometimes bothers me. But besides that, ENTJ's are great!

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very funny and so correct, especially the ENTJ. Except for the fact that it is a dog. Dogs like to do as they´re told, ENTJ's like to do as they think is what they should do.

As an INTJ that's the inflexibility in ENTJ's that sometimes bothers me. But besides that, ENTJ's are great!

in theory, i think the INTJs are more inflexible.
1. if they are extremely introverted, you end up with Ni + Fi, which is like literally being in love with your own ideas.
2. they take outside data less seriously (inferior Se)
3. logic is the slave to intuition

my best example of such a person: Ayn Rand

ENTJ
1. if they are extremely extroverted, you end up with Te + Se, which is like literally being an empirical scientist
2. they take new outside/conflicting data more seriously (teritairy Se)
3. intuition is slave to logic (merely guides to the right places to look)

my best example: ...ill have to get back you :D

and yes im fully aware that ive compared the worst INTJ possible to the best possible ENTJ :D

ArchitectofFate

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTJ and ENTP work together real well, like ENTJ can be a Sauron-like overlord and ENTP is the advisor/scientist that creates ingenious machines of war to conquer all.

I would like to rule the world too, but then I'll get bored....

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love these threads "yeah, so I know all these NT women and they say they're ENTJ but they're flexible and friendly and outgoing so I don't know if they're ENTP or ENTJ. What do you guys think?"

Have them take a personality test again:

Are you flexible?
A. Yes
B. No

Are you Friendly?
A. Yes
B. No

Are you Outgoing?
A. Yes
B. Yes

A=ENTP
B=ENTJ

foolproof

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love these threads "yeah, so I know all these NT women and they say they're ENTJ but they're flexible and friendly and outgoing so I don't know if they're ENTP or ENTJ. What do you guys think?"

Have them take a personality test again:

Are you flexible?
A. Yes
B. No

Are you Friendly?
A. Yes
B. No

Are you Outgoing?
A. Yes
B. Yes

A=ENTP
B=ENTJ

foolproof

im starting to think that people actaully dont believe in ENTJs (like as if it were a myth)

ENTJs are not ESTJ ... this was the main problem with Bluewings write up for ENTJ...he wrote this page long thing on Te which sounded fine...but then never rectified how Te directed with Ni is going to look completely different than Te directed by Si.

ENTJs are not against change. they are not anti-creativity. They aren't any more unfriendly than the ENTP, its just that the ENTP is more likely to use Fe as a tool to get what they want.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have met several people whom I thought were ENTP's but they have insisted they were ENTJ's.

Why did I think so? Because their homes had some of the 'chaos' I have witnessed in "P" homes and because these women seemed kind of all over the place, flexible etc, very friendly and outgoing.

Now, my uncle, mind you, is an ENTJ so I know what HE looks like...but can someone help me see why I am getting these women all wrong???

TIA...

It's a common mistake to assume that J=physically organized. I know some ridiculously messy NTJs and others who are very insistent upon a clean environment. The only real connection between MBTI and physical cleanliness is probably that most SJs are extremely insistent upon it.

NJs though? No significant pattern in physical cleanliness habits, as far as I can tell.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTPs sound like fun, I want one!!! :)

ENFPs are chalk full of substance and insight. and I would say that we are pretty down-to-earth in our idealism. Perhaps you've never met an ENFP and consequently are projecting a false type description.

We're all over the place, dear. I love ENFPs, but one thing you are perhaps not chock full of is English ability. Ho ho ho.

I kid. You know I love you guys...we bond over dominant Ne. :)