• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are the differences between ENTJ & ENTP??

nemo

Enneagram
<3
sakuraba, I've decided you're an ESTP.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
nemo, I've decided that you don't know shit.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
sakuraba I find it interesting how you talk about ENTPs from a third person perspective.

I too suspect that you are *not* an ENT_

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
nemo, I've decided that you don't know shit.
Well, you're wrong.

I happen to know nemo, and he knows a lot about a lot of things, probably due to his Ne+Ti combination, but what would you know of that, really.

:rolli:

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
sakuraba I find it interesting how you talk about ENTPs from a third person perspective.

Duh! Cause I'm not writing about myself. I'm writing about ENTP and ENTJ in general.

I'm so NT I'm detached from my type or writing in 1st person. ha. Well I know I'm definately not SP or SJ. Second closest for me would be NF. But I don't have that flaky emotional depressed sensitive confused core. More like a stable cold hard edge.

NF's think to themselves "WHO AM I? WHAT WILL I BECOME? AM I BEING MY TRUE SELF?"
NT's say "I AM THIS... blah blah blah...I DONT QUESTION MY TRUE SELF BECAUSE I KNOW I AM BRUTALLY HONEST AND MY OWN WORST CRITIC...ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?"

I fit the latter.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
probably due to his Ne+Ti combination, but what would you know of that, really.

[sarc]Nothing really. I am actually an ISFP hiding behind a huge lie.[/sarc] Just look at nemo's post history. This guys soft as a cupcake. Typical male NF who wants to pass as an NT to seem more manly.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Nothing really. I am actually an ISFP hiding behind a huge lie.
Now we're getting somewhere, doesn't the truth feel good? :hug:

Just look at nemo's post history. This guys soft as a cupcake.
Yeah, and he tastes yummy too!!! :yes:

Typical male NF who wants to pass as an NT to seem more manly.
I thought we agreed that you were an *SF* trying to to pass as an NT to seem more manly and intelligent. :huh:

*confused*

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I'm writing about ENTP and ENTJ in general.

O RLY?

This is what I'd object to: that what you were describing in any way pertains to ENTPs or ENTJs or *any* other type "in general."

It seemed based mostly from personal experience, although you did quote Socionics. And I'm sorry, but I don't find a website that types people based on their skull structure as a reputable source of information.

You're certainly right that certain ENTPs could possess those characteristics -- but it's not indicative of their type. It has nothing to do with tertiary Fe, or Ne, or whatever. It has to do with being an asshole.

I've yet to find a reference to these social-Machaivellian ENTP tendencies from any of the non-batshit-insane MBTI literature -- in fact, sometimes it's quite the contrary (esp. Lenore Thompson's profiles). The closest we could find was vague correlations between ENTPs and Enneagram types. But you're welcome to prove me wrong.

Seriously.

PS: Still an ESTP.

PPS: Okay, I admit; I'm an INFP.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is what I'd object to: that what you were describing in any way pertains to ENTPs or ENTJs or *any* other type "in general."

It seemed based mostly from personal experience, although you did quote Socionics. And I'm sorry, but I don't find a website that types people based on their skull structure as a reputable source of information.

You're certainly right that certain ENTPs could possess those characteristics -- but it's not indicative of their type. It has nothing to do with tertiary Fe, or Ne, or whatever. It has to do with being an asshole.
QFT

:wub:

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Biggest thing I've seen in the corporate world is Ps are just simply blind to risk.

I sort of believe that the J is the organising function and as such there is always a sequential thought process, whereas the P does not have this same focus which means they don't see the outward connections and how the process could be destroyed by an external party.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The discussion about ENTPs being vengeful bastards is becoming annoying.

So some people are vengeful bastards. Some of these people are ENTPs. ENTPs could possibly worse than your average bear when taking revenge for a combination of factors. Recommendation: do not cross and ENTP unless you are willing to take the consequences. Moving on.

There are some pretty big differences between J and P. J and P are the cumulation of multiple factors so about not every P is going to have all the symptoms of "P" and the same with J. Because they both have to do with the organization of thought processes, how one 'appears' is not necessarily how one is inside their heads. When going against someone's chosen type, it's best to work with them to decide whatever's been bothering you about the type. This at least may give you some accuracy as to deciding type.

When deciding P versus J, look at how these people talk, too. While it can be easy to hide organization under a pile of surface mess, the way somebody organizes their thoughts in writing or spur-of-the-moment speech is very indicating. A J will usually reveal a straight-line of thought, while a P will usually be all over the place. Don't look at the matter of how a person changes the subject, but how a person relates events. Do they say all events in order, or do they start with the important stuff first? Etc.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
The discussion about ENTPs being vengeful bastards is becoming annoying.

So was the whole misconception of "ENTPs are harmless pranksters who will just glue your buttcheeks together and then apologize".

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
nemo, you truly are wasting your time trying to convince me that I'm ESTP. I'm 100% sure I'm NT Rational. Youd have a better chance at saying I'm ENTJ or ENFP. Sensor? Never.

Perhaps you just find my posts a bit too much for your tastes. Cause your not even T yourself.

profilepic2198_2.gif

oh my sensitive little enFp. Were you day dreaming about butterflies and flowers when this pic was taken?

nemo

Enneagram
<3
sakuraba --

No one cares what type you are. I, and others, found your characterizations earlier to be so spectacularly vulgar and incongruous with our own experience that it was apparent you're probably either mistaken, had a bad experience, poorly educated about personality types, or something else. The fact that you apparently did not pick up on the intent of my quip and personalized it so much says a lot.

Seriously, to bring up such pathological shit and offer it as a legitimate distinction between ENTPs and ENTJs and in the next paragraph say "Again not all ENTP are like that. But some are." is so intellectually dishonest, stereotypical, and nonsensical that it borderlines on stupidity. If it isn't an ENTP trait, why bring it up?

tl;dr stop projecting, keep this to ENTP vs. ENTJ and not about what I'm thinking and what dreamy eyes I have (stunning use of logic with that, by the way) -- otherwise, I'm too handsome to be bothered with this. *fluff hair*

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
sakuraba --

Seriously, to bring up such pathological shit and offer it as a legitimate distinction between ENTPs and ENTJs and in the next paragraph say "Again not all ENTP are like that. But some are." is so intellectually dishonest, stereotypical, and nonsensical that it borderlines on stupidity. If it isn't an ENTP trait, why bring it up?

tl;dr stop projecting, keep this to ENTP vs. ENTJ and not about what I'm thinking and

dumbass. My entire point was that ENTP's were not all as the other poster described them as: "the worst an ENTP will do is superglue your stuff to the ceiling, etc"... I provided a counter argument.

what dreamy eyes I have (stunning use of logic with that, by the way) -- otherwise, I'm too handsome to be bothered with this. *fluff hair*[/

typical NF stuff there buddy. Conflict avoidant. Fluffing your hair lol.. c'mon I thought you were ENTP. They love conflicts and argument. Howcome youre running away? Obviously cause you are NF and too sensitive to handle a real discussion.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it really necissary to personalize all of this? I'd swear- y'all are both being feelers here :rolli:

:) The good question for differentiation would be- If invading a country would you happily chart out your strategy and then march right on through with tanks or would you land there and then figure out what you were doing as things happened?

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People will often come out with shit like "ENTJs are J whereas ENTPs are P". Don't type yourself like this. Look at the first bit of what Haphazard wrote. The reason I have a problem with the dichotomies (E/I, S/N, T/F and J/P) is because MBTI itself is a joke of a typing method. Functional typing is far superior; functions are what, fundamentally, what MBTT is concerned with and what MBTI ought tobe based around, instead of this ridiculous "T or F?" format.

ETA: By the way, descriptions are good, but remember their source - the types themselves are made up of functions. Hence, study the functions.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
:) The good question for differentiation would be- If invading a country would you happily chart out your strategy and then march right on through with tanks or would you land there and then figure out what you were doing as things happened?

Again, I find this ridiculous. All NT's are master stratregists. And only an idiot would go into war without a plan.

Love these stupid P stereotypes though.