User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I've noticed that, when forming ideas, ENTPs will get a hunch, or have a spark and follow it, wherever it may lead them. ENTJs seem to have a "vision" and do everything in their power to see that it becomes externalized the way that they deem it should. ENTPs are more likely to judge the value of something by reflecting on it, seeing where it got them in the end. ENTJs are more likely to judge the value of an idea by how it's progressing, and how likely they believe that it will be implemented.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    I think one of the harder things for people to handle with ENTJs is the intensity. I'm very intense about nearly everything I'm interested in. I become obsessed and don't really have a stopping point.
    That's a defining characteristic of mine, as well. More than once, coworkers have admonished me for working after end-of-business -- or given me funny looks as they continue to play cards. But I can't stop until I'm satisfied a job has been completed to meet a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    I've noticed that, when forming ideas, ENTPs will get a hunch, or have a spark and follow it, wherever it may lead them. ENTJs seem to have a "vision" and do everything in their power to see that it becomes externalized the way that they deem it should. ENTPs are more likely to judge the value of something by reflecting on it, seeing where it got them in the end. ENTJs are more likely to judge the value of an idea by how it's progressing, and how likely they believe that it will be implemented.
    Very good observation. ENTPs have difficulty prioritizing, as per the nature of Ne. ENTJs have difficulty reassessing, as per the nature of Te.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

this is why sometimes i think im entj. these so-called entps seem too soft/weak that i dont relate

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    this is why sometimes i think im entj. these so-called entps seem too soft/weak that i dont relate
    In all honesty, you do seem more directive. The very use your your language ("too soft/weak") and perceptions on ENTP leadership suggests that to me and everyone else in this thread.

ENTPs just aren't directive. Period. If they were, they'd be ENTJs. They aren't the types that take you under their wings and convince you the sky is green, either -- those are ESTPs according to Keirsey, who are also directive.

Again, everything says that ENTPs don't like to control people because their intelligence is more design/analysis oriented. If that makes us soft and weak, then so be it.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    Zzzz

Sakuraba, what do you mean by "these so called entps" as being too soft/weak? Really--- It's not a matter of being soft or weak because one doesn't want to control another or however else you view being soft/weak as. As it's been said and should be understood, ENTPs aren't directive. Their perferred method of communication is Informing-

Based on what you've written prior, you don't seem to have a good grasp of types, anyway. At least of ENTPs and ENFPs. Maybe you are an ENTJ, maybe not. Learn more about them. Move along.

I tried staying out of this thread. Sigh.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why do people want to become their perpetrators??? Where's the sense in glorifying your enemies?!?!?!?

And what's wrong with being soft?

Or for that matter, what's wrong with being weak?

That's right, *nothing* is inherently wrong in being either.

What *is* inherently wrong however, is being a mean-spirited bully.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Sakuraba, what do you mean by "these so called entps" as being too soft/weak? Really--- It's not a matter of being soft or weak because one doesn't want to control another or however else you view being soft/weak as. As it's been said and should be understood, ENTPs aren't directive. Their perferred method of communication is Informing-

Based on what you've written prior, you don't seem to have a good grasp of types, anyway. At least of ENTPs and ENFPs. Maybe you are an ENTJ, maybe not. Learn more about them. Move along.

I tried staying out of this thread. Sigh.
    DD yay nemo

Oh, and ENTPs use extroverted intuition as their dominant function whereas ENTJs do not.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Again, I find this ridiculous. All NT's are master stratregists. And only an idiot would go into war without a plan.

Love these stupid P stereotypes though.
    +1000

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Dear Sakuraba,

I would be honored if you were an ENTJ, that would mean that you were not the same type as me and it would warm the cockles of my heart.

What you seem to be considering to be soft and weak is actually a gift- flexibility and empathy (note- not sympathy, you'll find that lacking). These abilities can get a person much farther than just ramming through will. If you want your way you need to realize that the best and easiest way to succeed is to appear to be nice.

Perhaps you should find a the rant on ENTPs thread, or perhaps you may wish to seek out psychotherapy to handle your apparent hostility towards ENTPs. I will take this as a complement and decide that you are secretly envious of me and my ability to bend, not brittlely stand strong until you snap and break.

One way or another, I like ENTJs for thier ability to cut through the bullshit that ENTPs create- it's an admirable trait and someone has to do it. This is, however, not a complement aimed at you.

Sincerely, Whatever

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

ENTPs soft? Not at all. They're just designed for initiative more than diligence; and couldn't have, innately, unmatched strength in the former virtue without sacrifice of the latter.