• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are the differences between ENTJ & ENTP??

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think ENTPs come across as more outgoing but more passive than ENTJs.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
entp will have lots of tangents and entj will get to the point and want action.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm an ENTJ and I still tend to go off on tangents, especially when people are irritating me. This usually is directed towards someone completely unrelated, however, and hasn't the slighted idea what I'm talking about. With the person who is irritating me, I tend to tell them (very bluntly) that they are an annoyance and to go away unless they have something productive to say.

I also think a difference lies in the style of argumentation between an ENTP and ENTJ -- ENTP's I've known tend to just keep going on and on and on and on long after the argument has been lost. Although they have some good characteristics, I'm weary of becoming friends with an ENTP most of the time. Snneeeaakkky.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The opponent can never win if we never stop explaining our arguement. The ability to describe one thing in several ways is a very handy gift.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
why is this thread still alive? I can see a post I made a year ago at the top of this page.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ENTJ are exactly like ENTPs.

Only faster
more ambition
more powerful
more successful
more dominant
more machieveillian
more intelligent
more extroverted
more fearless
more leadership
more authority
more 8w7
more everything!!!

There now you know the difference.

AND DID I SAY MORE POWERFUL!?

promethathustra

MBTI Type
XNTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJs run the world, and ENTPs want to destroy it.

They both have evil laughs.

;)

To a certain extent this is correct. NTJ's are preoccupied with maintaining order. NTP's with creating organization. The former works with heirarchy and sequence while the latter funtion in the simultaneous.These need not be at odds but do to a natural lack of acknowledgement,often are. An NTJ friend of mine and I often refer to each other as Time(j) and Space(p)

Qre:us

Spacetime continuum - alas, we are limited by boundary conditions.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a friend who I'm having the same delimna with. the problem is, he uses Ne, Ni, Te AND Ti and he's great at all four of them (he took the cognitive function test and scored perfect on Ni, Ti and Te and almost perfect on Ne). his introverted and extraverted feeling are about the same strength and his extraverted sensing is also very high (but only because of years of hip hop dancing 5 hours a day, anyone's would be). he seems like a P because he is really ridiculous and has a very perverted sense of humor (as an ENFP, I never thought I would meet my match in perverse humor until I met him hahaha). he also loves talking about ideas we spend a lot of time talking a million miles a minute about many of them (this screams Ne to me, I don't fathom a non NP could keep up with this at all). he also seems J tho because he is heavily success bent and goals oriented. we've guessed an number of types including ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP and even ESTP (although I am pretty sure now that he's not S) he's also a very intense problem solver. when I'm around him, I use lots of Te along with Ne which makes for extremely intense conversation (I wouldn't have it any other way tho, small talk is boring as hell to me). I've heard that ENTPs tend to exhibit this characteristic to tho, and often times look like ENTJs, so I lean towards P) in fact, most people think I'm ENTJ because I am extremely direct and assertive (although I'd like to think I come across as less forceful than most ENTJs. I don't hold this against them tho, most ENTJs seem a lot more forceful to most people then they really are).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
the fact that u 'score' perfect at whatever function doesn't say anything about your proficiency with the aforementioned 'functions' (or whatever skills they represent).
As the reference for the test is internal and not external.

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
I see all these threads about INTPs, INFP, INFJs being misunderstood by the world and then I see all these people equating ENTJ with "psychopathic narcissist". How's that for being misunderstood by the world?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
They equate ENTP to this:

banana1.jpg

The world's a strange place :shrug:

rav3n

I see all these threads about INTPs, INFP, INFJs being misunderstood by the world and then I see all these people equating ENTJ with "psychopathic narcissist". How's that for being misunderstood by the world?
Who cares? People will believe what they want to believe and what they think doesn't change your reality unless you allow it to. Live like you want to live, within reason.

ENTP and ENTJ are totally different beasts. Where we appear to be similar is the need to control our environments but for different reasons. Another similarity is the ability to extrovert with people but once again, not for the same reasons as each other and not in the more traditional SJ or SP sense. The "T" dichotomy dislikes being disturbed when focus is on thinking.

We both intuit but in different ways. Priorities are different.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why isnt it broken if it asks to be fixed ? What if the builder has built in a failsafe that in case of damage activates and tells others to fix ?

rav3n

Faulty builder. It should have built in self-repair. A class action suit of ginormous proportions should fix negligent builders.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I feel ENTPs seem more extroverted than ENTJs... It's just what I have observed, obviously this is from my personal perspective. I don't know the fact.