User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

IMHO, I think the primary difference between ENTJ/ENTP is really minor.

Since most of my female friends are both types, I would say that the most visible difference is that ENTJs are decisive and tend to move on very quickly after disappointment, to go to the next step, whereas, my ENTP friends rehash the past ad infinitum.

ENTPs live in a what-if world

ENTJs live in a this is now world

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    ENTPs are, like, totally informative in communication and stuff, man.

ENTJs are directive.

I don't understand the descriptors (found mostly on this site) of ENTPs being manipulative, because as per Keirsey, those with informative communication have little or no desire to, you know, direct people.

From MBTI theory, ENTPs should be more obviously intuitives (dominant Ne) and ENTJs should be more obviously thinkers (dominant Te).

Also according to Keirsey, all Rationals are aloof, disengaged, and distant, so picking up on extroverted NTs can be a bit weird. I dunno where I was going with that, but yeah.

I've found that ENTJs are the most "Artisan-like" of the Rationals. The ones I know have a pretty big physical presence and can seem pretty tactical and business-savvy. This is probably due to tertiary Se.

That would make ENTPs the most "Idealist-like" Rationals with their tertiary Fe, although I honestly don't know many other ENTPs to have a basis of comparison. Personally speaking, I do have weird idealistic/political/humanitarian impulses, and I've been told I can be pretty "warm" -- whatever that means. I know Blackmail! can back me up here, he seems to have a similar humanitarian bent as me.

I also think, in general, ENTPs will have more of a "weird" and "quirky" vibe. ENTJs will seem more in control and like they have everything "together".
    That's right. I agree completely.

Anyway, the issue could be solved by reading socionics ENTj and ENTp descriptions. Many milder ENTJ's might mistake themselves as ENTPs or ESTPs because they do not relate to the stark picture of the type given by most MBTI characterisation.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BookLady View Post
    I have met several people whom I thought were ENTP's but they have insisted they were ENTJ's.

Why did I think so? Because their homes had some of the 'chaos' I have witnessed in "P" homes and because these women seemed kind of all over the place, flexible etc, very friendly and outgoing.

Now, my uncle, mind you, is an ENTJ so I know what HE looks like...but can someone help me see why I am getting these women all wrong???

TIA...
    ENTJ's get ENTPish under heavy prolonged stress, so it's hard to judge.
    The determining factor is introverted intuition.

Even harder is the secondary type of the ENTJ is ENFP, crazy and inspiring. So it's even harder.

I think ENTP's are ENTJ's and ENTJ's are ENTP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Algora J View Post
    IMHO, I think the primary difference between ENTJ/ENTP is really minor.

Since most of my female friends are both types, I would say that the most visible difference is that ENTJs are decisive and tend to move on very quickly after disappointment, to go to the next step, whereas, my ENTP friends rehash the past ad infinitum.

ENTPs live in a what-if world

ENTJs live in a this is now world

ENTJ's go crazy on what ifs... introverted intuition, my friend. A whole bunch of what ifs in case the plan goes wrong.
    If everything fails, nothing goes according to plan, they get intuition-crazy and live on what ifs.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, in fact we are quite similar. The main difference in my opinion: ENTJs are much more efficient, but they can never really relax and have fun. I mean, even when they are having fun they have to have some purpose to it. Also, they love to give advice (preach) to other people (especially to ENTPs :rolli .
    The principal investigator of our research group is ENTJ. Every two or three months she gives me THE SPEECH. It starts with how great researcher I am, but I have to focus and use my whole potential (which in her opinion I am not doing and it`s really a shame because I could be even more successful if I did). The talent is not enough, you need to work hard,...

To my defense I must say I am not lazy at all. I just can`t keep up with her frantic robotic tempo. I really admire her supernatural powers of concentration and infinite amounts of energy, but as an ENTP I just have to have my periods of procrastination to function normally. She accepted that because I have good results, but occasionally she still tries to convert me to ENTJ.:eek:

obvioutsly people are trying to project their personality into mbti letters, thats never a good thing.

one difference is that entj trust logic and thorough exact planning, while entp trust experience and experimentation more.

Quote Originally Posted by BookLady View Post
    I have met several people whom I thought were ENTP's but they have insisted they were ENTJ's.

Why did I think so? Because their homes had some of the 'chaos' I have witnessed in "P" homes and because these women seemed kind of all over the place, flexible etc, very friendly and outgoing.

Now, my uncle, mind you, is an ENTJ so I know what HE looks like...but can someone help me see why I am getting these women all wrong???

TIA...
    ENTP's are ENTJ's gone crazy
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am going to try to emphasize the core differences between ENTJ and ENTP from a more stereotypical PoV
    ----------------
    ENTJ:

------
    ENTP:

----

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

That's about right.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    eNTj