• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What does it feel like to waste your life?

noopept

Permabanned
I can't think straight worth shit these days. And I'm just sitting around broke, unemployed, unmotivated, and rotting away.

Anyone ever been here? What was your experience like, and how did you get the fuck over it?

I'm losing my mind.

So It Goes

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
You're losing your mind because you have no goals to strive for. You need to create meaning in your life - not necessarily to win at everything - but for pleasure and growth. Even with things as simple as getting dressed and cleaning a room, if you have small goals, you can work toward bigger goals. You can make meaning through a hobby or job or relationship. Do not simply rot away. Use your time in a way that benefits yourself, but also know, you have the ability to control how you will respond to experience. The best advice I can give is to work toward something, stay productive, enjoy yourself and find something you love. But this is very general advice. You must decide how to proceed.

T

ThatGirl

I can't think straight worth shit these days. And I'm just sitting around broke, unemployed, unmotivated, and rotting away.

Anyone ever been here? What was your experience like, and how did you get the fuck over it?

I'm losing my mind.

I would imagine it would feel a lot like ....nothing.

No, I haven't been there. I am always doing something, even if I am being actively shitty.

KDude

Feels pretty good actually.

When I'm wasting my life, I like to think of, say... a random peasant living on the outskirts of the Frankish empire (bear with me). Lets call him Gerard. He grew potatoes. Was married to milkmaid (for some reason I want to say "milky-maid"). Gerard didn't have much going on except this. He died at 44. His wife died a year before. She was younger, but she had a miscarriage, and died along with her baby. Gerard didn't read, didn't write, didn't have air conditioning, maybe 3 friends at the tavern.. For the most part though, he managed. This was basically all his life would amount to, and he didn't know better. Relatively speaking, he had pretty good. There wasn't any war in his area.

Now my point is, this is majority of human beings throughout history. Next time you look for meaning and purpose, you might want to tell yourself to stop acting like an entitled wuss. You weren't guaranteed meaning. Your life is meant to be wasted, and you will be forgotten a 100 years from now, let alone a thousand. Not to be negative though. If you look hard enough, there is meaning in that. The only meaning you're ever going to find. The one that tells you to enjoy the small things and stop getting so depressed about some supposed destiny. Also, all of those people you're more envious of don't have that much better. And if they say they do, they're full of shit.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming "unmotivated" is your only excuse, I would think that you are pretty lucky. Maybe starving or getting your heat shut off would be a nice motivator.

wolfy

awsm
Feels pretty good actually.

When I'm wasting my life, I like to think of, say... a random peasant living on the outskirts of the Frankish empire (bear with me). Lets call him Gerard. He grew potatoes. Was married to milkmaid (for some reason I want to say "milky-maid"). Gerard didn't have much going on except this. He died at 44. His wife died a year before. She was younger, but she had a miscarriage, and died along with her baby. Gerard didn't read, didn't write, didn't have air conditioning, maybe 3 friends at the tavern.. For the most part though, he managed. This was basically all his life would amount to, and he didn't know better. Relatively speaking, he had pretty good. There wasn't any war in his area.

Now my point is, this is majority of human beings throughout history. Next time you look for meaning and purpose, you might want to tell yourself to stop acting like an entitled wuss. You weren't guaranteed meaning. Your life is meant to be wasted, and you will be forgotten a 100 years from now, let alone a thousand. Not to be negative though. If you look hard enough, there is meaning in that. The only meaning you're ever going to find. The one that tells you to enjoy the small things and stop getting so depressed about some supposed destiny. Also, all of those people you're more envious of don't have that much better. And if they say they do, they're full of shit.

Nice, I like that.

xisnotx

Permabanned
I've been there. I just told myself I can either waste my time in ways that I personally find valuable or I can waste my time in a completely value-less way.

In the end, I chose to waste my life valuably, even if subjectively. The next step was figuring out what I found valuable enough to waste my time on. That led to needing resources, which is where I'm at right now...quietly collecting resources (or figuring out how to) in order to maybe one day waste my time pursuing my interests.

On holiday, I literally only wake up if I need to use the bathroom or I need to eat. Then I'll the stay awake since I've been sleeping for like 12 hours....maybe go out and do something...and then fall asleep again. It's awesome.

I can't wait until that is all I ever have to do. No bills, no worries, no stress. Just lazy days and nights pursuing my interests. Until that day comes, though, I work. I mean, what else can I do?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Its an unwasted life.

You could be wasting your life a godzillion years and it is unwasted for one simple reason, every cell in your body is screaming for life. while your brain is screaming to waste away. Simply put you were born, any life that makes it into this time reality is divine. What does happen is energy manifestation that is big and juicy scrambles your neurotransmitter peptides and you start thinking then believing your life is a waste because it is reinforced first by the way your life was set up from birth to 7, then by everything else you are doing, seeing and hearing. The responses here are charming too. And the way the current shifts in economy and consciousness are creating an upward surge and a downward one. it is too easy.

You get out of it by learning who you are and you do that by looking inwards for the answers, filter the ego, break through to source code, see the world anew. let go everything else.

Unique

I'd try not to blame your unhappiness on your employment situation as it's likely a little deeper than that, unless you are the kind of person that actually likes working.

Your post isn't nearly descriptive enough for us to really be able to offer any useful advice beyond "well go get a job".

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Imagine what it'd be like to die posting right now.

Thoughts like these usually motivate me nicely to be a better person/learn more stuff/pack my days to the max.

Being unemployed sucks. I feel you. I've been there in a bad way. But then I got a shitty job that allowed me to make good friends. So things got better. And then I got a better job, more friends and a new living situation and I was feeling even better. Then I went back to school and now I don't think things could get any better.

Now I'm set for purpose for (I'm hoping) the next 20 years or so. We'll see! :laugh: