• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you harvest knowledge others possess and then blow them off afterwords?

yupitsme

MBTI Type
intx
If you meet someone who has knowledge that you don't, do you pepper that person with dozens of questions to get the knowledge you want?

Once the information you want has been harvested from them do you find yourself ignoring that person afterwords since they are fully harvested?

If someone is no longer interesting because they dont any more information you desire, do you ignore them?

As harsh as it sounds, I like to keep my quantity of relationships manageable and keep the quality high so I tend to harvest and bolt.

For example, I have never worked in a factory or on a farm. My ever gregrarious ENFJ wife drags me to some average couples house for dinner. I storm the husband and wife as the opportunity presents itself for some knowledge acquisition of their experiences that I dont have.

In essense I dig around in their mind for any knowledge I dont posess. It usually doesnt take more than one evening, if that, to examine an average couples wiring and database so I NEVER agree to go back because theyve got nothing else Im interested in.

Anyone else?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. Usually I connect with them.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep, hence my handy-dandy tractor beam and probing device.

So It Goes

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Usually, I go to a bar and chat up fellow humans, until they become nice and comfortable. Then, once I get the innocent victim alone, I shed off my human skin to reveal a slimy green exterior. My black eyes bulge out. I hiss and drool toxic phlegm. It's not a pretty sight for any mammal to see. Before the new victim has a chance to run, two vein-covered tubes burst through my scaly skin and penetrate the human's skull. I drain all their mental fluids to refuel and recharge. Once I gain enough brain fluid, I will have the power to fly back to Sub-Con 545.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess so, but the primary objective is usually just avoiding boredom. :bored:
After all, I'd rather use the internet or buy books to acquire knowledge.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this a metaphor for the parent-child relationship? :laugh:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
There's nicer places to get knowledge from.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
How do you know you've completely zapped them out of knowledge?

What you've been collecting is not knowledge but a bunch of facts about certain things. Because you don't go back, you completely miss out on the intuitive insight that this person has developed from the knowledge that has been sitting and simmering in their brain for long enough for them to have enough grasp of it to explain it to you. Do you honestly think are comfortable to lay their insights on the table for you to dissect in your intitial meet?

I would never want your opinion on anything because after reading this post it seems like all you have is a list of facts related to something, not actual justifiable insights. This I could get from the internet, encyclopedias, or the local church.

Swivelinglight

Permabanned
NopE

If I were to be in a position to just probe someones mind (kinky) I'd prolly get even more interested and in the end not be tempted to ignore them but inversely keep conversing with them. Aka the more I talk about interesting things the more I want to talk to them. Because one thing leads to another and yadda yadda yadda yadda (seinfeld I believe).

Anyways. In the end it's not what they know that's really interesting, or whether they know something I don't that keeps my attention. It's more so finding out what they think they know and then getting a profile of the person to a higher degree than you had before.