User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Anaita View Post
    Out of curiosity, do INTPs tend to have a relatively clear idea about what they would want in regards to a long-term partner?
    The image of 'the woman' is way too clear since i have been building(sometimes also reshaping) it since i was like 8 years old. Lately i have been starting to realize that there are other traits that i might be able to appreciate than the traits i saw as ideal before. And also have tried to cut off some of the ideal traits and see that even the opposite traits have their value.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Anaita View Post
    Out of curiosity, do INTPs tend to have a relatively clear idea about what they would want in regards to a long-term partner?
    I think most INTPs would say they want a mindmate. And INTPs don't do well with partners who expect them to play traditional gender roles, or who are primarily looking for a helpmeet type of partnership. INTPs need space and freedom. And someone that shares a sense of playfulness and sense of humor. I think most of that is true, regardless of whether the INTP is male or female.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INtP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think most INTPs would say they want a mindmate. And INTPs don't do well with partners who expect them to play traditional gender roles, or who are primarily looking for a helpmeet type of partnership. INTPs need space and freedom. And someone that shares a sense of playfulness and sense of humor. I think most of that is true, regardless of whether the INTP is male or female.
    Talullah usually states my thoughts better than I could, and this is no exception .

I can't really state anything specific, it's more a "I know it when I see it" sort of thing. But everything that Talullah mentioned is extremely important -- I can't imagine being seriously interested in someone who didn't exemplify all of those qualities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]