• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] How Do You Communicate With People?

So It Goes

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How do you speak with people?

Do you alter the way you speak or what you speak about, depending on the person and place?

I speak in a few different ways.

1.)

I always ask questions, especially when a person has a problem, and I’m trying to find a solution. This has become a habit for me, because I’m always trying to learn how other people think and behave. I question, listen to the answers, ask more questions, analyze those questions, and deduce answers.

2.)

When talking about ideas that I am passionate about, like with politics, science, current events, religion, movies, and so on, I’m very excited and talk really fast. I love to discuss and explore and exchange ideas. Talking about theories – especially the weirdest ones, makes me happy like a kid devouring chocolate ice cream.

3.)

Most of the time, I play around with people, make jokes, speak tongue-in-cheek, and use dry wit. I’m hardly ever serious when I talk with people.

4.)

When I’m around people I don’t know, I’m quiet. It takes me a long time to open up, but when I feel comfortable, I completely change in character. Most of the time, around acquaintances, I daydream and don’t say much.

5.)

I prefer one on one conversation. Talking in a group is too distracting because there’s too much chatter. My favorite conversations are actually small groups in a quiet atmosphere, where people can calmly talk without the need to scream and shout or talk over each other.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I talk emotionally, depending on how someone feels about a thing. Things aint always coherent I say and I communicate and listen mainly between the lines. To a purely rational mind I am unable to being understood.

I can talk best with most woman. Conversations with most men are short, brief and only the essential, except when you have a concrete topic at hand like science, economics or politics.

Stumblebum

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't really take conversation too seriously; I'm a bit of a goofball who masks it with a fancy vocabulary. When I feel its appropriate, I speak in a pompous, purple way that makes me feel like a true professional. Hopefully I'll grow out of that.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
5.)

I prefer one on one conversation. Talking in a group is too distracting because there’s too much chatter. My favorite conversations are actually small groups in a quiet atmosphere, where people can calmly talk without the need to scream and shout or talk over each other.

I have noticed this with myself. While I can certainly participate in a group, my concentration is limited because there are too many people jamming my frequencies. However, if I am interacting with one person only, my thought process appears to flow much more rapidly and clearly.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I tend to use my (unfortunate) audience to develop my own ideas.
Without somebody to talk to, improving and refining ideas is more difficult and takes more time. I need to feel this presence to feel more focused, to feel the possible criticism that could arise within a good conversation.

danseen

MBTI Type
INTP
depends on context.

i mix articulateness with gutter language like a boss.

zago

MBTI Type
INTP
Logically. I strive to make sure everything said is consistent and to extrapolate the implications of the beliefs we hold. Beneath the surface of all of my interactions is the desire for everything to make sense. I can't stand it when things don't make sense, and I can't stand hearing something that is incorrect (but not to the point of splitting hairs, which I find obnoxious). The goal of my interactions is deeper understanding and perfect correctness. Everything fits into a system. The system keeps me sane. It protects me. There is no predictability without the system. Without the system, anything could happen. Bad things could happen. I need to know they won't, and if they do, why.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
usually i don't. I've been told that I will be very quite and then come out with something very relevant. I think this is just that I don't enjoy and am sort of at a loss with small talk. So generally I don't say much unless it comes to a topic I'm particularly interested in. If it's something I care about and I feel people are being illogical or incorrect about it I can be very direct, or what other have described as confrontational. I think it's a feeling that I can't compromise the idea and being very upfront but not really caring about peoples opinions if they're wrong. So quiet most of the time but hardcore in debates. I can be very goof and jokey when with a person I feel very comfortable with one on one, or with my family. I'm not very giving when it comes to emotional conversations. I tend to blow off attempts of people to take the conversation to deep emotional places because I don't enjoy that. I have a very dry sense of humor and I think That will often come up with people that I feel semi-comfortable with. It's more jokey but not quite as out there as my goofy self.

I'm a stickler for precise definitions and nuance. I dislike poetic or flower language.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
usually i don't. I've been told that I will be very quite and then come out with something very relevant. I think this is just that I don't enjoy and am sort of at a loss with small talk. So generally I don't say much unless it comes to a topic I'm particularly interested in. If it's something I care about and I feel people are being illogical or incorrect about it I can be very direct, or what other have described as confrontational. I think it's a feeling that I can't compromise the idea and being very upfront but not really caring about peoples opinions if they're wrong. So quiet most of the time but hardcore in debates. I can be very goof and jokey when with a person I feel very comfortable with one on one, or with my family. I'm not very giving when it comes to emotional conversations. I tend to blow off attempts of people to take the conversation to deep emotional places because I don't enjoy that. I have a very dry sense of humor and I think That will often come up with people that I feel semi-comfortable with. It's more jokey but not quite as out there as my goofy self.

I'm a stickler for precise definitions and nuance. I dislike poetic or flower language.