• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] "It seemed like a good idea at the time"

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] :hifive:

So yesterday, I thought I could ride my extremely good/manically bad horse for 3 hours out into an area where he was scared, fight him all the way home and then ride my sweet, cooperative/ somewhat sensitive horse, even though my legs were already rubber. I fell off of him when he sunk into mushy ground and bounded forward. He ran a few yards, then turned around and looked at me, confused. I walked him around in the scary footing and then rode him back. :blush: Only pride was hurt and horse gained confidence in the end, but need to save a little strength for the fresh horse next time. :doh:

500, yo.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
So yesterday, I thought I could ride my extremely good/manically bad horse for 3 hours out into an area where he was scared, fight him all the way home and then ride my sweet, cooperative/ somewhat sensitive horse, even though my legs were already rubber. I fell off of him when he sunk into mushy ground and bounded forward. He ran a few yards, then turned around and looked at me, confused. I walked him around in the scary footing and then rode him back. :blush: Only pride was hurt and horse gained confidence in the end, but need to save a little strength for the fresh horse next time. :doh:

Finally, a fitting place to use this smiley: :bananallama:

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gave my 22 month old a 10kg bag of flour to play with because I wanted to do some writing. Now my house is white.

And regarding excessive produce as mentioned in the OP. After however many years of buying food, I still haven't learned. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted in rotting produce. I get these fantastic plans at the shops..."OOOO fresh brussel sprouts, they're so yummy when they're just picked, all nutty and sweet. I'll cook them in butter with some bacon. OH!! Fresh leeks! I have to make french leek and onion tart. Spinach! Mushrooms!" Then I go on to the fruits... :happy2:
At home it's fantastic, this fridge packed full of potential. And then I shut the door --after all, too tired to cook after all that shopping. Turn on the music, sing, piano, write, play hide & seek, read, get lost online. The process of putrefaction has begun.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wine.jpg

You like?

On a completely random note, It took me a little while before I got the quote in your signature. Darkness- on toast! I thought it was like, darkness inside the toaster; and I was like, that doesn't make sense. Is this an INTP thing? lol

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At home it's fantastic, this fridge packed full of potential. And then I shut the door --after all, too tired to cook after all that shopping. Turn on the music, sing, piano, write, play hide & seek, read, get lost online. The process of putrefaction has begun.

I laughed like crazy when I read this!

You know it's bad when most of your ideas end up in the compost heap....:(

N

NPcomplete

On a completely random note, It took me a little while before I got the quote in your signature. Darkness- on toast! I thought it was like, darkness inside the toaster; and I was like, that doesn't make sense. Is this an INTP thing? lol

What can I say? I'm the Queen of Darkness. Worship me!!!! Rawrrrr!

I don't know if it's an INTP thing. But the quote makes sense to me in the same way most NP-ish things do. :laugh:

I laughed like crazy when I read this!

You know it's bad when most of your ideas end up in the compost heap....:(

Is that how you got our sailing trip idea? :thelook:

Last edited:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It really aggravates me when my INFP cousin/roommate does this with food, but I can be a little easier on her I guess knowing it's a common problem and people mean well.

As for me...school and more school/ being a screw-up, then finally getting my act together, then being really hard on myself whenever I'm not a perfect student. Thinking about all the things I could have accomplished by now if I had not been lazy and oblivious, and all the things I could have done sooner. I'm 27 and still in school for a bachelor's degree, and finally changed my major to philosophy which is what I wanted to do to begin with but I wanted to do something potentially lucrative...I decided if I end up being a professor that's fine with me.

That's about it, but it's huge in my psyche.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Earlier: oooo I feel like making a cake. Look at cookbooks for too long, too many good recipes, can't decide, finally get sick of myself and choose something randomly. Buttery yellow cake with lots of frosting. It calls for 4 eggs, luckily there are just enough. Get to the sugar, and realize I have not even half the amount called for in the recipe. Damnit. But I do have some super dark sticky brown sugar. Whiz that in the processor to break it up, curious as to how this will change the taste of the cake. Go to add the butter and find I don't have enough of that either. Why did I not check my ingredients first? I don't even have oil, other than this super potent extra virgin stuff for salads... Yeah I put in a weird concoction in place of the butter. It is going to suck. And there's nothing to make icing with. But it sounded so good to begin with...

Ok just took it out of the oven. Weirdly, it tastes exactly like pancakes drenched in maple syrup...

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What can I say? I'm the Queen of Darkness. Worship me!!!! Rawrrrr!

I don't know if it's an INTP thing. But the quote makes sense to me in the same way most NP-ish things do. :laugh:

Is that how you got our sailing trip idea? :thelook:

Never, my Queen! I stand ready with a basket of confectionery treats and sailboat!

N

NPcomplete

Never, my Queen! I stand ready with a basket of confectionery treats and sailboat!

*Adopts magnificent pose*
Consider my suspicious but majestic spirit appeased for now, my loyal subject! I would really appreciate some sacrificial chocolate though.

And not to derail the thread too, too much heheh:
Spending hours making grand plans and having my attention drifting for 30 min and as a result, completely forgetting the plans. Yep, happens quite often. :p

I bought a leek in the supermarket because it was green and leafy and calling my name, but I have no idea what to do with it. I've never cooked a leek before. I've never even eaten a leek before.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I bought a leek in the supermarket because it was green and leafy and calling my name, but I have no idea what to do with it. I've never cooked a leek before. I've never even eaten a leek before.

Oh I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who buys produce because its pretty. Savoy cabbages are so weirdly cool. I can never resist. Yea I tell myself I'm gonna take awesome pictures of them...

But leeks are yummy, if all else fails you can use it like an onion. (just be sure to wash it well, they can get dirt trapped in their layers)

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I really think prunes are delicious. I just ate a dozen of them. I hope I don't regret it.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
Gave my 22 month old a 10kg bag of flour to play with because I wanted to do some writing. Now my house is white.

And regarding excessive produce as mentioned in the OP. After however many years of buying food, I still haven't learned. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted in rotting produce. I get these fantastic plans at the shops..."OOOO fresh brussel sprouts, they're so yummy when they're just picked, all nutty and sweet. I'll cook them in butter with some bacon. OH!! Fresh leeks! I have to make french leek and onion tart. Spinach! Mushrooms!" Then I go on to the fruits... :happy2:

Nice nutshell, I concur.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
It really aggravates me when my INFP cousin/roommate does this with food, but I can be a little easier on her I guess knowing it's a common problem and people mean well.

As for me...school and more school/ being a screw-up, then finally getting my act together, then being really hard on myself whenever I'm not a perfect student. Thinking about all the things I could have accomplished by now if I had not been lazy and oblivious, and all the things I could have done sooner. I'm 27 and still in school for a bachelor's degree, and finally changed my major to philosophy which is what I wanted to do to begin with but I wanted to do something potentially lucrative...I decided if I end up being a professor that's fine with me.

That's about it, but it's huge in my psyche.

Life paths are hard to choose, sometimes they choose you. Sometimes, you are the unchosen against the schoolhouse wall.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Life paths are hard to choose, sometimes they choose you. Sometimes, you are the unchosen against the schoolhouse wall.

I believe sometimes we become so over consumed with the notion that we can necessarily willing consciously how our life will go. Of course we can choose the destination but how we reach there is almost interesting if we NTs let go and allow the circumstances to dictate. This is why I find it so vile to watch television because the way they portray NTs is that of masterminds who know with exact detail how something will unfold before it even does. This magic wand is a masturbation material for NTs. It's just utterly wrong.

The thing is the moments we let go of the obsession with analyzing life does take on an incredible ride.

W

WhoCares

I need a roll of gaffa tape, as I just can't seem to resist the urge to verbalise the internal dialogue. *sigh* how much more enjoyable my life would have been if I had the skill to STFU.:D

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I believe sometimes we become so over consumed with the notion that we can necessarily willing consciously how our life will go. Of course we can choose the destination but how we reach there is almost interesting if we NTs let go and allow the circumstances to dictate. This is why I find it so vile to watch television because the way they portray NTs is that of masterminds who know with exact detail how something will unfold before it even does. This magic wand is a masturbation material for NTs. It's just utterly wrong.

The thing is the moments we let go of the obsession with analyzing life does take on an incredible ride.

Hello new person. Yes, I think people in general don't know how to enjoy what they have. I don't mean you shouldn't have goals and dreams, but so many are discontent with a life that others would envy.

It is a contradictory notion, strive! yet be content. It is, at least, what I aspire to.