User Tag List

First 891011 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    What can I say? I'm the Queen of Darkness. Worship me!!!! Rawrrrr!

I don't know if it's an INTP thing. But the quote makes sense to me in the same way most NP-ish things do.

Is that how you got our sailing trip idea?
    Never, my Queen! I stand ready with a basket of confectionery treats and sailboat!

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Never, my Queen! I stand ready with a basket of confectionery treats and sailboat!
    *Adopts magnificent pose*
    Consider my suspicious but majestic spirit appeased for now, my loyal subject! I would really appreciate some sacrificial chocolate though.

And not to derail the thread too, too much heheh:
    Spending hours making grand plans and having my attention drifting for 30 min and as a result, completely forgetting the plans. Yep, happens quite often. :P

I bought a leek in the supermarket because it was green and leafy and calling my name, but I have no idea what to do with it. I've never cooked a leek before. I've never even eaten a leek before.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post
    I bought a leek in the supermarket because it was green and leafy and calling my name, but I have no idea what to do with it. I've never cooked a leek before. I've never even eaten a leek before.
    Oh I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who buys produce because its pretty. Savoy cabbages are so weirdly cool. I can never resist. Yea I tell myself I'm gonna take awesome pictures of them...

But leeks are yummy, if all else fails you can use it like an onion. (just be sure to wash it well, they can get dirt trapped in their layers)
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

MBTI
    INTP

I really think prunes are delicious. I just ate a dozen of them. I hope I don't regret it.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by raindancing View Post
    Gave my 22 month old a 10kg bag of flour to play with because I wanted to do some writing. Now my house is white.

And regarding excessive produce as mentioned in the OP. After however many years of buying food, I still haven't learned. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted in rotting produce. I get these fantastic plans at the shops..."OOOO fresh brussel sprouts, they're so yummy when they're just picked, all nutty and sweet. I'll cook them in butter with some bacon. OH!! Fresh leeks! I have to make french leek and onion tart. Spinach! Mushrooms!" Then I go on to the fruits...
    At home it's fantastic, this fridge packed full of potential. And then I shut the door --after all, too tired to cook after all that shopping. Turn on the music, sing, piano, write, play hide & seek, read, get lost online. The process of putrefaction has begun.
    Nice nutshell, I concur.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    It really aggravates me when my INFP cousin/roommate does this with food, but I can be a little easier on her I guess knowing it's a common problem and people mean well.

As for me...school and more school/ being a screw-up, then finally getting my act together, then being really hard on myself whenever I'm not a perfect student. Thinking about all the things I could have accomplished by now if I had not been lazy and oblivious, and all the things I could have done sooner. I'm 27 and still in school for a bachelor's degree, and finally changed my major to philosophy which is what I wanted to do to begin with but I wanted to do something potentially lucrative...I decided if I end up being a professor that's fine with me.

That's about it, but it's huge in my psyche.
    Life paths are hard to choose, sometimes they choose you. Sometimes, you are the unchosen against the schoolhouse wall.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    Life paths are hard to choose, sometimes they choose you. Sometimes, you are the unchosen against the schoolhouse wall.
    I believe sometimes we become so over consumed with the notion that we can necessarily willing consciously how our life will go. Of course we can choose the destination but how we reach there is almost interesting if we NTs let go and allow the circumstances to dictate. This is why I find it so vile to watch television because the way they portray NTs is that of masterminds who know with exact detail how something will unfold before it even does. This magic wand is a masturbation material for NTs. It's just utterly wrong.

The thing is the moments we let go of the obsession with analyzing life does take on an incredible ride.

WhoCares

I need a roll of gaffa tape, as I just can't seem to resist the urge to verbalise the internal dialogue. *sigh* how much more enjoyable my life would have been if I had the skill to STFU.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
    I believe sometimes we become so over consumed with the notion that we can necessarily willing consciously how our life will go. Of course we can choose the destination but how we reach there is almost interesting if we NTs let go and allow the circumstances to dictate. This is why I find it so vile to watch television because the way they portray NTs is that of masterminds who know with exact detail how something will unfold before it even does. This magic wand is a masturbation material for NTs. It's just utterly wrong.

The thing is the moments we let go of the obsession with analyzing life does take on an incredible ride.
    Hello new person. Yes, I think people in general don't know how to enjoy what they have. I don't mean you shouldn't have goals and dreams, but so many are discontent with a life that others would envy.

It is a contradictory notion, strive! yet be content. It is, at least, what I aspire to.