User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    intp

Default anyone hate the holidays?

Don't have holiday spirit, don't believe in holidays. Just feels alone when everyone eles is spending time with family.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    Don't have holiday spirit, don't believe in holidays. Just feels alone when everyone eles is spending time with family.

I don't hate the holidays.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love it but I didn't when I was younger. I'm sure having children changed that for me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Used to, then I realized that I don't have to take seriously what other people think I should be doing/feeling over the holidays. Now I enjoy them as much I want to.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Mostly indifferent. Not close to family. Dislike the whole idea of gift-giving, at least in a commercial way. Time off is nice, quiet house is lonely+boring.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Meh, depends on the year to be honest.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    yupp

Yes
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Nah...I really like Christmas. I'm not very close with my family at all, but I love getting gifts for close friends as a way of showing how thankful I am of them and their presence in my life.

It's the time of year I can allow myself to be mushy and sentimental and it's totally appropriate. It's nice.

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Socionics
    LIE

I don't hate it for the same reasons you do, as in being alone. I hate it because the "spirit" of "gift giving" is more like, manslaugter in a mall parking lot and working retail until you can't feel your body and cannot spend any time with anyone other than strangers checking them out while they complain about their wait.

The spirit of some other idiot getting the best gift in the world for someone that'll just return it.
    While I find it both amusing and annoying, I hate it and enjoy it. I hate that it's what it is now. Eff the fat guy in the red suit. I want a bonus and the month off.

We're supposed to slow down in the winter, but seemingly we pick up our pace and thrust ourselves into a nightmare. And whatever idiot thinks shopping for a great gift on the 23rd or 24th is brilliant needs to either accept that there's a consequence for waiting for the last second or go home and avoid the madness.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    I was this way for a number of years, then found my own meaning and holiday spirit. I, too, dislike the commercialization, rushing the seasons, stupid canned music in public places, banal holiday parties, etc. so I just don't do that any more. I spend time with the people I want to be with, stay away from annoying crowded places, and observe the season in my own way.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...