User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: Faux INTJ?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frostshade View Post
    It is depressing but I am 28. I read, played video games, and drew. That is the extent of it.
    Exellent. what type of games and what did you draw? i played/play a lot myself. and i probably drew more than any of my peers from 5-10 years age. To me there is a clear pattern in what i made drawings of, how i did it and what i do now.

Favorite books?

The guy in the video is Dave Powers he seems to know hes stuff. and he hates the online tests it does nothing but to confuse he says.
    Subscribe to him he has currently been releasing a lot of videos on MBTI.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    IXXX

In this video he talks as if using a function that goes against your natural function, can be done but drains you. Would it not be possible then to figure out your functions, by determining what activities leave you drained? Or am I grasping this wrong?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

See it that way: if the others tell you that you dont fit point A-C in the INTJ profile so you aint INTJ then they are the ones who condemn their type to being never able to evolve.

That way you have already won
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

In this video he talks as if using a function that goes against your natural function, can be done but drains you. Would it not be possible then to figure out your functions, by determining what activities leave you drained?
    Sounds right to me. I suggest that you start with dance and singing lessons. Lets see your energy after that
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

In this video he talks as if using a function that goes against your natural function, can be done but drains you. Would it not be possible then to figure out your functions, by determining what activities leave you drained? Or am I grasping this wrong?
    I believe such observations to be possible. Such a hypothesis would be based on an extrapolation of the impact that making use of certain cognitive functions may have on an individual. Introversion/extroversion is a crucial dimension of our personality that allows the process you've described. You know you're an introvert when you find social activities fatiguing, as opposed to deriving some sort of stimulation from it (extrovert).

However, since cognitive functions are a bit more complex, there may be difficulties you'll have to overcome. The first requirement would be having a good understanding of each function. "Classifying" your actions won't be a piece of cake if some functions share almost the same level of development. You do use all of your functions; the frequency of use and the preference for one or another make the difference.

Self-observation is a great method of typing yourself. Online tests, as you've probably noticed, can come up with inconsistent results. Nevertheless, taking multiple tests might give you some directions and lightly sketch your profile when it comes to MBTI/cognitive functions in case of patterns noticeable in your results. If you make heavy use of a certain function, it's very likely that you repetitively score high on it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post
    You know you're an introvert when you find social activities fatiguing, as opposed to deriving some sort of stimulation from it (extrovert).
    That would make me an introvert.

So how to we solve this:

a) your thesis is flawed.
    b) I am an introvert.
    c) Your thesis is good but we just add entps to the exception list, so we dont have to think about it deeper ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That would make me an introvert.

So how to we solve this:

a) your thesis is flawed.
    b) I am an introvert.
    c) Your thesis is good but we just add entps to the exception list, so we dont have to think about it deeper ?
    I'd rather say the thesis is simplistic, therefore the same flaws that can be found in overgeneralizations will also be present here.
    In fact, if we simply defined extroversion as focusing on the external world and we took into consideration the fact that extreme extroverts (as well as introverts) are rare, my thesis does seem to lose plausibility.

It wasn't given as axiom, but it should've served as an example to illustrate a generally valid concept. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I'll make sure whatever I say is applicable to a larger amount of people.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post
    I'd rather say the thesis is simplistic, therefore the same flaws that can be found in overgeneralizations will also be present here.
    In fact, if we simply defined extroversion as focusing on the external world and we took into consideration the fact that extreme extroverts (as well as introverts) are rare, my thesis does seem to lose plausibility.

It wasn't given as axiom, but it should've served as an example to illustrate a generally valid concept. Thanks for pointing out my mistake, I'll make sure whatever I say is applicable to a larger amount of people.
    Ya, you must be an intj, no other type else does write a book about mistakes .

We once had an intresting thesis about introversion and extroversion. it went into the direction of introspection and empathy. While an extrovert could be more empathic, because he does reflect his own thoughts by talking about them with other people, an introvert would be someone who needs time to think things thru for himself and who is great at introspection, at seeing his inner world and drawing viable conclusions for him- / herself from that. An extrovert could not do that and would starve at one point and stagnate in his development because of a lack of other people thinking for him about him.

We gave the terms another nuance by calling it "social introversion" and "mbti introversion". What do you think ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Epic derailment:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ya, you must be an intj, no other type else does write a book about mistakes .

We once had an intresting thesis about introversion and extroversion. it went into the direction of introspection and empathy. While an extrovert could be more empathic, because he does reflect his own thoughts by talking about them with other people, an introvert would be someone who needs time to think things thru for himself and who is great at introspection, at seeing his inner world and drawing viable conclusions for him- / herself from that. An extrovert could not do that and would starve at one point and stagnate in his development because of a lack of other people thinking for him about him.

We gave the terms another nuance by calling it "social introversion" and "mbti introversion". What do you think ?
    Makes sense, especially since one major obstacle to carrying out a productive discussion is a different understanding of the terms used by its participants.

Indeed, one must note that between the terms introversion-extroversion as defined by Jung and the everyday use of these words a separation has taken place. They became confused, I guess, with ideas ike sociability or friendliness (perhaps because introverts and extroverts have a tendency of approaching social situations differently).
    This discrepance I am speaking of can be illustrated by the fact that shyness can be manifested both by introverts and extroverts.

True, due to the introvert's higher interest in his mental, internal life, he is more likely to attain certain self-knowledge. But hey, you (extroverts) seem to be happier in a way, Mr. Mel Gibson!