INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    This whole para screams No No not INTJ.
    Ps -
    INTJs are extremely tactful. Their poker faces get them most things they want.
    ENTJs are not. They are disgustingly tactless.

But this doesn't indicate you are INTJ. The rest of your self descriptions screams that you are not an INTJ.
    A little INTJ trade secret... That self-confidence is just as much a part of our poker face as our tact is. I project confidence because it inspires others to fall in behind what I'm doing. I had terrible self confidence personally for awhile, but letting everyone know that you don't believe in yourself is a sure way to get yourself kicked in the pants by someone else's decision. And soon enough that faux confidence becomes real confidence, because you see how well faking it becomes. It could be that our new friend here is just not far enough along that particular road to be completely assertive as other INTJs. As I said earlier, individuals are individuals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Frostshade View Post
    [*]Academics, I'm told INTJs tend to excel and thrive in such an environment, I do not. I hate school of all types, and I do poorly in such environment (though my grades are ok). I have a slight loathing of people who make Academics their life.
    I have read different things on this. They are the underachievers or the overachievers. I'm not sure I put so much stock in any of it.

[*]Intellectual hobbies/strength. INTJs seem to be interested in the maths and sciences. I personally detest the two, and while I had fairly good grades in college, I am not that bright. Its one of the reasons I vist INTJ forums rarely, they talk over my head.
    I was never very interested in math or science. I was pretty good at math though.

[*]Tact and Diplomacy. Viewing some of these forums and listening to others talk about them, INTJs seem to be lacking in these departments. There are times at work when a friend of mine (an ENTJ) will say things to customers and I give a slight shudder, thinking that that could have been more tactful and with a different tone. I'm no Jimmy Carter, but I am careful to adopt proper tones and speaking voice when dealing with people, to put them at ease. Unless I'm very tired, then I become cold in manner because I simply don't care anymore and I've had my fill.
    I am not surprised that an ENTJ would be lacking in tact. I have a theory which I will get to in a minute on your interaction style.

[*]Confidence and decisiveness, I'm told INTJs have this in abundance. I have zero confidence the majority of the time. I question everything I do, and when I begin to try and judge myself on something, I never trust my own self-view. Thats why when it comes to anything that allows me to personalize or give input on my personality I freeze up. I'll take days of indecision over the stupidest things, simply because it involves me choosing something based on my personal preference.
    This is where my theory comes in. I think you could be an Enneagram 6 which is not unusual for an INTJ. The not trusting of self-view is classic Enneagram 6. INTJs confidence tends to be of a very specific nature related to things that they know. Also, the focus on people and relationships seems also characteristic of Enneagram 6.

[*]Constructiveness, the internet tells me INTJs are constructive and always working on something or another. I am a lazy. I'm not proud of it, but I always rationalize one way or the other not to do something. Zero projects at this moment, and most of the last couple of year.
    Have you always been lazy? Maybe you are depressed or something. I can be very lazy. I can also be very hard working. It depends. What are you lazy about doing?

[*]Religion. Most INTJs don't believe in God. I do. Not an expert apologist, but I try to read every apologetic article I can. So far I've read some pretty well thought out arguments. Granted this last item isn't a personality trait per say, but atheism seems a common theme among INTJs.
    I have always believed in God.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    N/A

Hmm, I wonder... if I had typed myself as an INTJ, how quickly would you guys have found me out?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Owfin View Post
    Hmm, I wonder... if I had typed myself as an INTJ, how quickly would you guys have found me out?
    I'm not very good at typing people, so probably never.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Religion. Most INTJs don't believe in God. I do. Not an expert apologist, but I try to read every apologetic article I can. So far I've read some pretty well thought out arguments. Granted this last item isn't a personality trait per say, but atheism seems a common theme among INTJs.

Again, I understand that not every INTJ is going to be the exact same. But I am curious of other people's take on these differences, and if maybe all these tests I've been taking have been wrong about me.
    I won't speculate on your actual type - I hardly know you, and am not good at typing others to begin with. I can say, however, that your religion comment is actually consistent with being INTJ. A majority of INTJs may indeed be atheists, or at least agnostics, but many do believe in deity, including myself. It is less what we believe than why and what we do about it. Reading apologetics and appreciating well-thought-out arguments is not what most believers do. They "feel the spirit", follow the guidance of some church or leader, or just never bother to question what they were brought up to believe. We question. We read, think, analyze, and expect some level of rationality and consistency, even when it comes to spiritual matters.

As for finding your real type, I recommend reading type descriptions of likely types from several sources. When I did this, the INTJ descriptions always stood out like sore thumbs, so much more did I identify with them over any other.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    IXXX

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I have read different things on this. They are the underachievers or the overachievers. I'm not sure I put so much stock in any of it.
    Its possible that most schools are just horrible at their jobs. This is a possibility I'm always willing to consider. During school I always found what ever book I was reading a much better use of my time than what ever it was they were yapping about.

I was never very interested in math or science. I was pretty good at math though.
    Horrible at both. I have to count quietly out loud sometimes. (what an odd phrase) Counting money makes me nervous. When I roll in D&D I verbally have to work out the mathematics both so I can comprehend it as I go, and to allow other to point out my error. Had a good laugh one night when in mid-count I started going the other way.
    This is where my theory comes in. I think you could be an Enneagram 6 which is not unusual for an INTJ. The not trusting of self-view is classic Enneagram 6. INTJs confidence tends to be of a very specific nature related to things that they know. Also, the focus on people and relationships seems also characteristic of Enneagram 6.
    Took the Enneagram a long time ago, can't quite remember the result, but looking at the type six. Wow, that does sound a lot like me. I constantly do small things to try and get input from other people (and sometimes I post on forum boards : ] ) Another test once told me that what I desire most in life is security. What few people I feel somewhat....attached too I do feel a sense of loyalty to. However I try never to get 100% personable. I love it, and admire it in other when they can do things on their own.

EDIT: Small Enneagram test I just took pegged me as a 4. *Also* sounds accurate, in fact it just barely beat out type 6.

Have you always been lazy? Maybe you are depressed or something. I can be very lazy. I can also be very hard working. It depends. What are you lazy about doing?
    To an extent. Sometimes I have bouts of incredible productivity. Feel really good afterwards. I work fairly well while at my job. I have been diagnosed with mild depression when I was in high school. Took some medication. Got off medication. After a period talked to my mother about seeing a doctor again. She did not want to deal with it, or at least that was the general impression I got. It should be noted that medication was the immediate response to most of my behavioral/emotional problems through out my schooling. Still have bad days sometimes.
    I have always believed in God.
    So do I. Wish I had the knowledge to argue it better. I am no C.S. Lewis. But I like listening to him.

MBTI
    IXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Sir, I am just like you in almost all of those respects. And I am for sure an INTJ. I feel like a lot of what you're thinking of INTJs is a stereotype... remember that typology is semi-accurate, but it can't ever project hugely broad truths about all individuals beneath a particular type. Individuals are individuals, after all.
    Its nice to hear a contrary view. Similar INTJs, I like using debate to give ideas the stress test. I can tell you that there are traits I have that seem to correspond to INTJs; According to others I seem to have that bearing and aura of Grim (that feeling intjs tend to give others); I will test an idea by playing devil's advocate, I am private and a perfectionist at times. It should be noted that looking at the INTP, I notice alot of similarities with them as well.....for good or ill.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Oh, another aspect of your first post that probably influenced us, as simple users who do not know you personally and can only try to type you based on your mere statements, is the fact that you drew attention to the differences between yourself and the INTJ stereotype. Only later did we/I find out that you are highly productive at times or that you are a perfectionist. By leaving out your similarities with INTJs, you made us/me minimize the possibility of you simply being a "weaker" INTJ, while stereotypes fit "bold" INTJs better.

P.S: I would (and do) also neglect school subjects in favour of whatever catches my interest and seems more intellectually provoking.

MBTI
    INTP

Took the Enneagram a long time ago, can't quite remember the result, but looking at the type six. Wow, that does sound a lot like me. I constantly do small things to try and get input from other people (and sometimes I post on forum boards : ] ) Another test once told me that what I desire most in life is security. What few people I feel somewhat....attached too I do feel a sense of loyalty to. However I try never to get 100% personable. I love it, and admire it in other when they can do things on their own.

EDIT: Small Enneagram test I just took pegged me as a 4. *Also* sounds accurate, in fact it just barely beat out type 6.
    Frostshade,

You are certain of being an introvert. That is an I. You relate to type 6 and 4. Let's see : 6s are most likely Fs and Ps. 4s are most likely INFs. So the most likely MBTI type would be INFP (perhaps with shades of INTP). Fi/Ti may explain your ambivalence when making choices. Ne surely explains your drive towards fantasy, exploring, possibilities, reading, games. Why not take a look at those profiles? INFP is my hunch, but I may be wrong, I am not authority. :-)

MBTI
    IXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post
    Oh, another aspect of your first post that probably influenced us, as simple users who do not know you personally and can only try to type you based on your mere statements, is the fact that you drew attention to the differences between yourself and the INTJ stereotype. Only later did we/I find out that you are highly productive at times or that you are a perfectionist. By leaving out your similarities with INTJs, you made us/me minimize the possibility of you simply being a "weaker" INTJ, while stereotypes fit "bold" INTJs better.

P.S: I would (and do) also neglect school subjects in favour of whatever catches my interest and seems more intellectually provoking.
    That is a really good point. Ok let me list some similarities, some reasons why I stuck with INTJ so long

• I can be very private, I don't like to give away 100% of myself to anyone.

• While I can be somewhat amiable towards strangers (customers) when I'm very tired or stressed I revert to a cold, hard manner. Shutting down as much emotion as possible. I can't keep the social thing up for more than eight hours.

• In those few instances where I was given leadership. I've surprised myself with how well I did. Though I don't think those situations were incredibly testing as far as my leadership skills.

• I love strategy games and strategic thinking. Though I believe I'm not very good at either one.

• I can take criticism, as long as it seems to be rational.

• I like to think I'm responsible and independent.

[LIST]Personal achievement (though I have little) and conquest mean a lot to me.
    • I seem to have the INTJ aura (or glare as some call it) not really compelling evidence, but its the last thing I can think of this early in the morning.

There is also the tendency towards perfectionism, as well as the strange outbursts of productivity.
    I'm not trying to get you all to type me 100%, I'm just wanting views and perceptions. Other angles.