User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

This thread reminds me of a quote from a Larry Niven story. "Nude is artistic, naked is defenseless."

It's a good story, and he posted it on the web: cloak of anarchy. I could elaborate, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might read the whole thing.

The one place where I would like to be vulnerable is in a relationship. I want my girlfriend to sing Unconditionally by Katy Perry and love all my faults.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

When, on heavens earth, would anyone want to be vulnerable, if not Star Wars III (Darth Vader burns Scene) ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought the original, now old, post was a fairly accurate assessment of the negative side of being an ENTP. I do find vulnerability very difficult and also to commit to anything, including people. As I have gotten older, I actually try to work on this.

The flip side is that the ENTP is generally interested in people and open minded. I get along with almost everyone and doesn't let their flaws take away from their positives.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The last people I want to get vulnerable with are those who insist on it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    entp

sexually; yes. vulnerability turns me on immensely, and a partner who can make me feel this way is wonderful

emotionally....; that's a bit more complicated. I admit that I like this idea of being vulnerable and manipulated much more than I like it in actuality. a perfect partner is one who can manipulate me, but chooses not too (but still does so to others, of course ♥). Still, moments of vulnerability at times do make me feel... something.

of course, I'm one of the most submissive people i've ever met. I wouldn't say wanting to feel too vulnerable is very common, with entps or with anyone.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Vulnerability scares the living heck out of me -- but I desire it greatly. I love having super close relationships. However, I am extremely slow to attaching to people because I am painfully aware of how most friendships don't last all your life, which are the type of friendships I search for. I'm the sort of person that is very slow to attach, but once I attach I stick to you with all I have, which has scared away two of the three best friends I've had in my life.
    Now, notice how I said friendships. Relationships? I have not yet had the joy of experiencing this because those are even more terrifying. Whenever I get close to someone with the potential of romance, I get really scared and run away. I honestly have no idea why. I think ENTPs have a difficult time with this. We're too practical, I think. Frankly, I don't understand relationships. I grow to like people -- a lot, actually, but I think I'm more of a courter than a dater. And in all of my life, though I go through phases where I think I've found someone, I've only once found someone I thought I could someday marry, and I knew that boy for five hours and never saw him again.
    So... yes, I have trouble being vulnerable. It's scary. Like funkadelik said, if I allow myself to be vulnerable to you, you're worth a lot to me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I have no interest in being vulnerable.

Strangely though, I'm generally VERY open about myself and who I am and why I tick. I personally don't consider this a vulnerable thing to do, as I do not fear people using this against me. Even if they did, there's nothing they could say that I don't already know.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I hate it when people find the soft spots between my spectacular armored suit and tickle them. Ruins my show

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I hate it when people find the soft spots between my spectacular armored suit and tickle them. Ruins my show
    \
    Haha