User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Mh? No. I said I wouldnt like it for me
    If I bother answer to humor that seems to be coming out of a preschool playground I think I can have an adult conversation about alternatives to my alternative with just about anybody who's willing to interact fairly.
    Ya ^^

I guess if I wasnt german, I could be right-hand to the Dalai Lama
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ya ^^

I guess if I wasnt german, I could be right-hand to the Dalai Lama
    Maybe the version of him who tries to speak English
    Did you know that people speaking a foreign language are generally more rational in their conclusions? (I wonder how this applies to different levels of fluency however)

edit: do you think the current Dalai Lama is left handed?
    edit 2: after watching a video he seems to be carrying out all the most significant and engaged actions with his right hand/arm so I d say he is right handed even though i havent seen him write (yet)

edit 3: AH!
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUDu1cCd478"]Left or Right. Find out ![/YOUTUBE]
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

haha you are cruel. I would guess that they appear to be more rational cause they can only use so much words.

and that left hand thing I wouldnt ask me, that would only motivate playground humor

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Myrtle View Post
    Every morning in the car my ESFJ college asks me "how do you feel this morning?" that question is so strange to me.

Every morning i just state "okay but tired", I think sometimes that im supposed to feel something, I ask him back and he has some colorful detailed explanation that takes the lenght of the car ride to work.

I have the exact same thing every day. Or my boss (F) calling me and asking first how i am and so on. And I'm always like 'im ok' 'fine' then I go to the whole T bit about 'so whats the point of the call'.

It's funny, in a puzzling yet self-evident way. She considers the conversation starts at 'how am I doing as a person' and I consider that the conversation starts at 'So what are we going to talk about' (which I realize mean I dismiss 'how do you feel' as an actual part of the conversation).
    My general assumption is : If you call me it's for a reason, this reason is work related, therefore the conversation starts when this reason is mentioned. This reason is task/object based and how I feel, except in rare exceptions, is pretty irrelevant. Which is why I do not know exactly how to react when you ask me how I feel as I don't perceive this as a congruent part of the conversation in context.

I'm generally just, fine. And if I'm not well, who cares really. I certainly dont.

so to go back to the op: Generally how I (I dont want to say we/entps) feel is simply
    A) not something we can really Ne much about as much as we'd like so it feels like walking through mud
    B) As a T, the 'point' of the conversation is something you can define more discretely than feelings generally are. My natural reaction when talking about feelings is to think of studies and statistics and evolutionary drives.
    Then again if people repetitively ignore my mental process (which I generally state out loud so it doesn't take a mind reader) there will come a point when I just won't engage my thoughts or only in the most superficial manner.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

WALMART

The only time I become vulnerable to emotional conflict is when someone I truly care about is hurt by my actions.

Which, unfortunately... happens more than I'd like.

Other than that: fuck what I say, fuck what I think, and fuck you doubly so.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I have the exact same thing every day. Or my boss (F) calling me and asking first how i am and so on. And I'm always like 'im ok' 'fine' then I go to the whole T bit about 'so whats the point of the call'.

It's funny, in a puzzling yet self-evident way. She considers the conversation starts at 'how am I doing as a person' and I consider that the conversation starts at 'So what are we going to talk about' (which I realize mean I dismiss 'how do you feel' as an actual part of the conversation).
    My general assumption is : If you call me it's for a reason, this reason is work related, therefore the conversation starts when this reason is mentioned. This reason is task/object based and how I feel, except in rare exceptions, is pretty irrelevant. Which is why I do not know exactly how to react when you ask me how I feel as I don't perceive this as a congruent part of the conversation in context.

I'm generally just, fine. And if I'm not well, who cares really. I certainly dont.

so to go back to the op: Generally how I (I dont want to say we/entps) feel is simply
    A) not something we can really Ne much about as much as we'd like so it feels like walking through mud
    B) As a T, the 'point' of the conversation is something you can define more discretely than feelings generally are. My natural reaction when talking about feelings is to think of studies and statistics and evolutionary drives.
    Then again if people repetitively ignore my mental process (which I generally state out loud so it doesn't take a mind reader) there will come a point when I just won't engage my thoughts or only in the most superficial manner.
    Agreed!

In orbit
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by StarsPer View Post
    Still, I've become pretty jaded and count your lot as being piss poor when it comes to loyalty, compassion, vulnerability and often even honesty.
    From my experience of living with an ENTP you must have just come accros a rotten egg. My ex was very loyal with his close circle of friends. In terms of being faithful he was very. Had always been in long term committed relationships. Loyalty if termed as keeping a secret, no. Some people just can't keep secrets. ;D
    I think there's a world of difference between having a vulnerable side and showing it. Maybe some aren't so comfortable showing that side of themselves. However in my experience my ex was always very candid and revealing when discussing things with me. I think he could distance himself if it came to himself and view himself quite objectively, to the extent that is possible to anyone. To people who were not in his inner circle all you mentioned in the above quote would apply. People found him very brash, hotheaded and slightly suspect. I don't think it was a fair or correct assessment. The beef I had with my ex was the fact he used to indulge in what I'd describe as nitpicking and naggging and it was constant, concerning pretty much everything when it came to me. I don't know if that's a common ENTP problem, being thought of as too critical. It's sometimes said to be an INFJ problem...but I definetly met someone who trumped me on that...He was super critical and I found that too exhausting to live with, but hey it's not easy to live with yourself if your critical side drives away people you care for. It's hard to be prickly... so I harbor no ill will.
    I thought generally speaking he was charming, caring and had an endearing puckish quality to him. But at the same time he was often sad and unhappy, somewhat jaded and had a hard time getting positive response from people because of his unconventionality and disregard for people's feelings or social graces (This particular specimen of man is closely akin to Kenny from Kenny vs. Spenny...). Still that said, one of the finest people I've known.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    From my experience of living with an ENTP you must have just come accros a rotten egg. My ex was very loyal with his close circle of friends. In terms of being faithful he was very. Had always been in long term committed relationships. Loyalty if termed as keeping a secret, no. Some people just can't keep secrets. ;D
    I think there's a world of difference between having a vulnerable side and showing it. Maybe some aren't so comfortable showing that side of themselves. However in my experience my ex was always very candid and revealing when discussing things with me. I think he could distance himself if it came to himself and view himself quite objectively, to the extent that is possible to anyone. To people who were not in his inner circle all you mentioned in the above quote would apply. People found him very brash, hotheaded and slightly suspect. I don't think it was a fair or correct assessment. The beef I had with my ex was the fact he used to indulge in what I'd describe as nitpicking and naggging and it was constant, concerning pretty much everything when it came to me. I don't know if that's a common ENTP problem, being thought of as too critical. It's sometimes said to be an INFJ problem...but I definetly met someone who trumped me on that...He was super critical and I found that too exhausting to live with, but hey it's not easy to live with yourself if your critical side drives away people you care for. It's hard to be prickly... so I harbor no ill will.
    I thought generally speaking he was charming, caring and had an endearing puckish quality to him. But at the same time he was often sad and unhappy, somewhat jaded and had a hard time getting positive response from people because of his unconventionality and disregard for people's feelings or social graces (This particular specimen of man is closely akin to Kenny from Kenny vs. Spenny...). Still that said, one of the finest people I've known.
    Critical ? Was he insecure about your relationship or / and frustrated by his job ? (throwing darts in the dark here so I m not making actual assumptions, just asking)

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Critical ? Was he insecure about your relationship or / and frustrated by his job ? (throwing darts in the dark here so I m not making actual assumptions, just asking)
    Yeah good questions. Could see this as reason for the unhappiness as well.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Reminds me of the saying: if you do not have any important problems, create some for yourself.

What brings me to another question: in relation to being vulnerable and showing it as an entp; would you all say that an entp is more egoistic as in occupied with himself or more concerned with other people (not the same like altruistic)? I am thinking here of certain I-types who write 100 pages long eassys about themselves and you just have to ask yourself: how the heck can someone be so intrested in oneself ? I mean I bore myself with myself, I definitly need a lot of people or at least the internet to have some fun and learn something new