User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 71

  1. #21
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    Generally, No. Disclosure is directly proportionate to trust, which in turn develops progressively, as a two-way road. To come to a point where I am interested in being vulnerable, the former has already been established with the other person being singled out/elected worthy of such, which only rarely happens upon development of strong emotional bonds.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I don't long for vulnerability, however in a romantic relationship Im looking for someone how can bring out my emotions and force me to feel them, cause I (and maybe many ENTPs) with me does such a good job suppressing them that it becomes an subconscious habit. I don't think about it the emotions just arent there, 90% of the time im 'ok', Every morning in the car my ESFJ college asks me "how do you feel this morning?" that question is so strange to me.

    Every morning i just state "okay but tired", I think sometimes that im supposed to feel something, I ask him back and he has some colorful detailed explanation that takes the lenght of the car ride to work.

    As ENTPs we are very interested in personal development, so I think most of us want to face what is inside of us I know I do, however as an ENTP I wanna fight it, i would fight God if I met him, and this makes me think its wrong to, why would I wanna fight myself? or the demons instead of making peace with them?

  3. #23
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarsPer View Post
    Before I begin, let me just state that a lot of measurements or judgements here are very notably from an INFJ's, and, furthermore, my standpoint. If it sounds like complaining, it's because it is. But the point of the thread is to learn about what contradictions, or exceptions to these fairly typical findings / assessments of an ENTP by an INFJ may exist. Because I really want for them to.

    I've reveled in the unparalleled intellectual chemistry that can come with INFJ / ENTP interaction, only to come up empty-handed. There's a very distinct and pervasive cowardice in their conduct through all interpersonal areas where there exists the opportunity to be vulnerable, to relate, to be known and cared for. Even their relationship with information appears cheapened by their lack of committment to putting themselves out there more fully, to potentially be challenged and thus refined, or to refine another.

    I think it's because you're just not emotionally invested in ideas, quite the same as your relationship with people. It doesn't actually seem to matter to you to go not just deeper but all the way. You seem to be contented with transient flirtations with people and the ideas and connections that you effortlessly create and abandon. This insatiability surely fuels much of what I appreciate of you, but also maddens me.

    The connection that is sometimes shared between us is nothing short of enthralling, invigorating, tantalizing, inspiring. You are so easily capable of intoxicating me with your minds. And yet, I can't seem to truly wrangle you out into the light of day. And I am damned good at that. Especially when we are connecting really well! You have a distance from the thrills of it that I have to apply constant conscious effort around you to achieve.

    I also yearn to find a strong sense of humanitarian values and operation within the core of such a person. I know that I shouldn't expect something along my own lines.. but... I am so dismayed by such intense intellectuals sometimes being so overly preoccupied with things like.. for example, their personal appearance. Allocating so much time and even money to the matter. What the hell is that shit? (I actually know, but, oh my god is this a point of frustration!)

    I'm hoping to get some feedback on whether there is much to hold out hope for when it comes to an ENTP, for me. It may sound that I'm looking for another INFJ, and, while that is true, it is not what should be taken from this post. I appreciate the differences and the dynamics created through them. I just wish that I could close some of the gap with the right one of you, sometime. Almost all of my serious relationships have been with INFPs, but I have never been as passionate about, or felt as equally 'matched' in shared intellectualism at large than with ENTPs.

    Still, I've become pretty jaded and count your lot as being piss poor when it comes to loyalty, compassion, vulnerability and often even honesty.

    But this is all by a particularly hard to please INFJs standards. I'm sorry to NTs at large for my typical frustrations with these areas in which you are not NFs. I genuinely am meaning to be productive with this! If nothing else, I figure that some explicit INFJ reporting may be useful to some for learning about how others may experience them.
    To me this sounds more like you'ld need to work on your tolerance towards people. If egocentrism is sold under the brand of "humanitarian values" or "aggressive expansion" still makes it egocentricsm.

    To comment for instance one of your statements: you said you cant comprehend why an "intellectual" would be bothered by wearing fancy clothes. Well its because he takes a part in society and has adapted something from them for himself to recognize himself in society. The pure simple reason for this can be that he just doesnt want to be alone and likes to be together with other people, no matter how different they are or how different he has to become to be accepted by them. Most people accuse entps of chuming up with people but noone ever asks for the reason behind this.

    A F has the same capability of loving people, like he has to hate people. Most Fs tho will never understand that.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #24
    Senior Member Winds of Thor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    I shared my vulnerabe side with an INFJ for 2 1/2 yrs. I got destroyed. You can't let someone walk all over you.

    I actually based that relationship on MBTI. I seriously would not take MBTI necessarily seriously in this department as there is much more to life even that we can't see or know about but that is there and that is important. There's one for everyone with whom you can share your tender feelings. The gut will tell you if someone is right with..as a couple. I believe MBTI was the wrong focus to have going into the relationship so I would suggest forgetting about the MBTI stuff if I were you.


    Edit: If you give yourself to someone and they don't love you, then it doesn't matter, MBTI or not. You can only do your part. I proposed in my last two relationships and I got rejected and in doing so showed a whole lot of vulnerability. I like doing some things because nobody tells me to. I think I understand what you say about left empty-handed but I wouldn't make that a focus. Then someone will be concerned with insecurities.

    There's more likelihood they might act out or abuse you if they don't love you. If there's a lot of love in your relationship there's a greater possibility you will see more of their vulnerability. Where..left to one's temperament without loving another, they might cause harm knowingly I think. But in a loving relationship, their heart will more likely be quelled when times get tough and you'll see longsuffering and mercy as you're less than perfect. If it becomes apparent that is foreign to them (as was mine) then both are bad for each other. Actually against each other. Other than that, there's just no magic answer. It's making it work that is what it is about. That's what I think anyway .
    Last edited by Winds of Thor; 06-24-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

  5. #25
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    nah i'm good. you?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #26
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Even their relationship with information appears cheapened by their lack of committment to putting themselves out there more fully, to potentially be challenged and thus refined, or to refine another.

    I think it's because you're just not emotionally invested in ideas, quite the same as your relationship with people. It doesn't actually seem to matter to you to go not just deeper but all the way. You seem to be contented with transient flirtations with people and the ideas and connections that you effortlessly create and abandon. This insatiability surely fuels much of what I appreciate of you, but also maddens me.
    oh come on. One more of these 'Im not really talking about a type I am talking about my ex' threads.

    How would you feel if I started getting all 'men are like this', 'women are like that'
    You'd thing me a bigot and you'd be right. Draw your own conclusions.
    How do you know 'entps' don't love their ideas? Is your benchmark of what caring universal ? Could you imagine that for some people not taking sides all the time IS what respect is. To let people be who they want to be. Is that so terrible a thing to do?

    While I am not the most patient of people if you sit down with me and go through my ethics I don't think they'd have anything to envy with yours in term of depth of analysis. I realize nobody's perfect and we all have our moments of weakness but I fear starting such a thread isn't especially productive as a way to advance general knowledge.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #27
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    oh come on. One more of these 'Im not really talking about a type I am talking about my ex' threads.

    How would you feel if I started getting all 'men are like this', 'women are like that'
    You'd thing me a bigot and you'd be right. Draw your own conclusions.
    How do you know 'entps' don't love their ideas? Is your benchmark of what caring is universal ? Could you imagine that for some people not taking sides all the time IS what respect is. To let people be who they want to be. Is that so terrible a thing to do?
    But what would we do if I liked BDSM and wanted you to dominante me as your slave ? :~
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  8. #28
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But what would we do if I liked BDSM and wanted you to dominante me as your slave ? :~
    I'd tell you in order of relevance that
    A) I am not into guys (BDSM partners generally having a high correlation with sexual preference)
    B) I do not like vertical relationships when they aren't absolutly necessary and I have yet to find a stable situation involving humans where a purely dominance/subservience duality is necessary.

    Then I'd talk about the supposed dynamics and drives of BDSM and nuance my statement about verticality through a contractual, equal exchange framework.
    I'd also note that your constant sex jokes remind me of an intp friend of mine and that while I do not care atrociously it certainly does not help in generating interest for your person on my side.

    I think the desire to dominate probably inherently comes from a place of weakness and that while I realize people are not perfect I do not feel the need to encourage alternatives to growth sublimating something that should be observed and confronted based on a large array of data and one's own framework for self development
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  9. #29
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I'd tell you in order of relevance that
    A) I am not into guys (BDSM partners generally having a high correlation with sexual preference)
    B) I do not like vertical relationships when they aren't absolutly necessary and I have yet to find a stable situation involving humans where a purely dominance/subservience duality is necessary.

    Then I'd talk about the supposed dynamics and drives of BDSM and nuance my statement about verticality through a contractual, equal exchange framework.
    I'd also note that your constant sex jokes remind me of an intp friend of mine and that while I do not care atrociously it certainly does not help in generating interest for your person on my side.

    I think the desire to dominate probably inherently comes from a place of weakness and that while I realize people are not perfect I do not feel the need to encourage alternatives to growth sublimating something that should be observed and confronted based on a large array of data and one's own framework for self development
    So your wish for 'allowing everyone to develop freely' is nothing more than a hate campaign against people who love to be dominated ?!

    No, we need to work on that definitions
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #30
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    So your wish for 'allowing everyone to develop freely' is nothing more than a hate campaign against people who love to be dominated ?!

    No, we need to work on that definitions
    Mh? No. I said I wouldnt like it for me and then stated my opinion about a common root of a significant & in the case of bdsm nearly ritualized need to dominate.
    If I bother answering to humor that seems to be coming out of a preschool playground I think I can have an adult conversation about alternatives to my alternative with just about anybody who's willing to interact fairly.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Are ENTJ romantically interested in ENTP?
    By SlytherinD in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 07:55 AM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP: What other type (if any) would you like to be?
    By annnie in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 12:57 PM
  3. [NF] anybody interested in being a scientist in Astronomy?
    By niki in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 10:03 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTP interested in increasing his J "competencies"
    By MrRost in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO