User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Also, a question to Duke of York. Why the hell would you pick a username that could be shortened to DOY? :rof1:
    *snickers*

I hate to sound whiny, but does your personal rivalry/animosity really have to be sprinkled into every active thread in this section? Couldn't you guys like...PM each other or something?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Okay, Blackmail. I have to ask...what type do you think DOY is?

Also, a question to Duke of York. Why the hell would you pick a username that could be shortened to DOY? :rof1:
    Blackmail already said ISFJ, but for some reason I don't believe that's the case. Call it a hunch.

Also... DOY... Hahaha. I have a feeling that he was looking forward to being called Duke or something. But still... DOY...

The only way for you to move forward is for you to forget your differences and just move on. You both seem to be obsessing over each other. So, both of you, just shut up and play nice, or else I'll get the phasers in here.

MBTI
    OMNi

What animosity? Is there animosity? Why was I not informed?

Edit: Upon reading that, I just got that you meant DOY and Blackmail going at each other. oops.
    Last edited by Kiddo; 04-19-2008 at 04:39 PM. Reason: okey dokes
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENFJ

What animosity? Is there animosity? Why was I not informed?
    The animosity between Duke and Blackmail!. There seems to be a lot of it, and it started on a different forum.

I'm finding it all over MBTI-c, and it's awfully annoying. They should stop.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The animosity between Duke and Blackmail!. There seems to be a lot of it, and it started on a different forum.

Oops. :blushing:

Yes. You two behave yourselves or I am so turning this forum around. :1377:
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTJ

I must say, umop_3pisdn, INTJs such as yourself are redeeming of the whole type in my eyes.
    Thank you. That's quite the complement. Though there are many INTJ's I respect more than myself. At least, they strike me as wiser.

Though I, too, am often prone to the "emotions are stupid!" mindset. It's usually because I'm uncomfortable with how much power feelings actually have over me.... It adds additional complications to something I used to think I had figured out. And it's not really my primary way of operating. I often have to remind myself to carefully examine my feelings, when I feel my anxiety begin to rise (a good indicator, I find).

Before, I never did that, and emotions would just blind-side me and sweep me up in their current. I wouldn't know how to deal with them, and if they were intense, it nearly always ended up in mismanagement of the emotions. Perhaps even tragically. Like rejecting romantic advances from people I liked, because I was uncomfortable with the affection! Eventually I started to realize it was very self-defeating, and indicative of a larger root problem. So I still sort of decided on logical terms that it just had to be dealt with sooner or later.

When I was younger, I used to take this to mean that the emotions were compromising my clarity of perspective. The thing that was, that those emotions I repressed ended up seeming very important, once I was open to accepting my weakness. This often can be quite contrary to most young INTJ's lines of thinking. We sort of strive to project an ideal image of ourselves, devoid of personal weakness (well, can't speak for all INTJ's, but I'll admit to it.) I probably wouldn't quite word my posts in the way that I do, if this weren't this case. Logically, I could say I find it "unbecoming" of how I view myself, as a writer and somewhat of a perfectionist. I demand a certain level of quality from myself, which is usually the highest I'm capable of, at that time, and granted it's an area I feel competent in.

I think it's mostly dependent on degree. Those who are really dogmatic or extreme about such preferences, are probably more prone to the weaknesses of their type.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Emotions can be sticky things.

That's all I'm going to say about that for now.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Okay, Blackmail. I have to ask...what type do you think DOY is?
    His guess is ISFJ.

I don't get it. Do you understand his impressions? Considering his experience concerning ENFP/ENTP, I am interested in the opinions of the others on the forums.

I don't mind if you call me DOY, actually. That would be pretty funny.
    I'm beginning to like it already.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    *snickers*

I hate to sound whiny, but does your personal rivalry/animosity really have to be sprinkled into every active thread in this section? Couldn't you guys like...PM each other or something?
    Huh? I have only interacted with Blackmail on two threads. As for this thread, I don't want to waste time debating him about my type, but I think it is good for his impressions to be recorded here (provided they are all honest). That's why I am asking him a lot of questions, not declaring his ideas stupid.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

I don't understand. Posts on two threads starting yesterday? How is that "all over?"