User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The rebuttal

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CCCXXIX View Post
    edit: the only reason i developed into a smart ass in school was because of bullies. Not to protect myself (I wasn't exactly the person bullies would mess with), but because I didn't like the bigger kids thinking they could pick on the smaller kids. So whenever someone picked on a "nerd", "band geek", or "unpopular" kid, I'd step in with some smart ass comment and that'd be the end of it. I was a late bloomer and knew what it was like to be picked on..
    I can understand that.

More a matter of determining of when to use that strategy.

Against bullies and people out to trample you? Good to go.
    Against family and loved ones? Meh, not so good.

It's more a matter of having various tools in your "relating" toolbox, and knowing when to use which. Life isn't a "one-size-fits-all" scenario.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CCCXXIX View Post
    So I was thinking about it, and it must be really frustrating for other types to have to deal with people like me. My smartass retorts are many and near between.

I was at my parents over thanksgiving, and we were all sitting down for dinner... My little brother, who is in high school, was looking a little upset. So I turned to him and said
    Me: "You feeling ok?"
    Brother: "......"
    Me: "You feeling pretty gay huh?"
    Mom: "HEY! None of that type of language at my table"
    Me: "That word has multiple meanings, and you can't be sure as to which one I was referring."
    Mom: **sour face

Any of you relate to this type of behavior?

Don't hide behind type and the masses to justify what you know to be wrong.

Use your type to discover yourself and improve yourself. Nothing else. Yes, your post was founded in nothing more than curiosity but this is an error hundreds have made before. You discover the type system and it looks to be the blueprint of you - the good, the bad, and the beautiful. The good makes you proud, the beautiful makes you happy. The bad you ignore because its in your blueprint and because everyone in your type does it. I'm here to tell you that this is not a valid reason for being bad. I use the tool to highlight my bad and make it better. Try it.

Plus what Halla said.

I relate to the behavior, but do not relate to the methodology.

I believe ENTJs can be fond of clever, witty quips but I've always tried to hone them to be positive, humorous or otherwise thought provoking.

If it makes a person smile, laugh or circle back in thought to think deeper about something, then it's satisfying. If it makes someone frustrated, angry or pull inwards, then I've failed miserably.