• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ breakdown

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
BT: Hyperlinks automatically become underlined and often change color when you create them.

Hap: :laugh: Alright then.

Hehehehehe!

Wrong. They stay black on this forum. I'd love 'em to go blue, though. What do you think?

Edit. The problem in *cumunykayshun* arose at this http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/5236-intj-breakdown.html#post192836 where I mistakenly took a recommendation by JR to read something (that I've never heard of) the wrong way. Tip: please give references - authors, ISBN numbers, hyperlinks, etc.

Many thanks!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
bananatrombones said:
Hehehehehe!

Wrong. They stay black on this forum. I'd love 'em to go blue, though. What do you think?

111tank.jpg

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE

Well on my config it stays black. So there! Can we have a poll - who's go stay black and whose go blue? I can do a screenshot but it all seems rather pointless.

Unless this is a wind-up (- see thread topic)?

It must be. Who would be this petty at pub closing time?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Can we get on with the subject Haphazard. Where were we now? Annoying INTJs...

As I say, buddy. Very little pisses us off.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Can we get on with the subject Haphazard. Where were we now? Annoying INTJs...

As I say, buddy. Very little pisses us off.

I'm not talking about annoying them.

I'm talking about an INTJ when they snap. Mere 'annoyance' wouldn't do it. It would have to be a lot of weight over a long period of time. Not simple ranting and raving but finally the expression of something that's been stewing inside for a long, long time.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
You can read the info for free at the bookstore. I do that all the time.

Libraries are free, too. :yes:

As far as finding the author and other pertinent information, I googled the title and the Amazon listing came up right at the top of the list - ISBN, author, date, etc. You can even do "Search Within" to find topics of interest.

Jae Rae

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE

I'm talking about an INTJ when they snap. Mere 'annoyance' wouldn't do it. It would have to be a lot of weight over a long period of time. Not simple ranting and raving but finally the expression of something that's been stewing inside for a long, long time.

I reckon classic shadow behaviour: excess; excess; excess. Usually in some SF rut - booze, drugs, etc. It probably explains over-representation of INTJ in addiction clinics.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Violent outbursts, seething rage, recklessness, and other responses that are unusual. I've only snapped a couple times, and you'd better hide (and hope I survive it, if you care).

littlemissgiggles

MBTI Type
entj
Enneagram
I imagine an INTJ might snap if enough stuff happened to them that was out of their control. Or something gone wrong in an interpersonal relationship that brought about all of these new feelings they couldn't avoid, no matter how hard they tried...

This happened to an INTJ I know. Result: not pretty. Like the others said, excess. Drinking, drugs, etc. And, because they're an INTJ, when you try to help them, they refuse, call you judgmental, and tell you that you can't possibly know, because, after all, they know themselves better than you do.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Attack an INTJs fundamental values and you are in for a hell of a fight. That is going straight for their weak Fi by which they reason the ethics of their ideologies and all the choices they make in their day to day lives. Argue that their values are distorted or wrong and it's like kicking at the supporting beam of all their reasoning and beliefs. You manage to shake it for one second, make them doubt the basis by which they have built all their beliefs, and the reaction could only be described as "snapping". All the emotion that an INTJ would normally control from influencing their thinking, is suddenly released, often in a very vicious and malevolent way.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
Actually, Kiddo, you're totally wrong. You don't understand that we poke at you and have absolutely no feeling at all. We're annoyed by some things, yes, but there's no real emotion involved when you passionately argue your point of view with us. You do not shake our beliefs, no matter how much you wish you did, either.

littlemissgiggles is right that it tends to be the result of a huge onslaught of consistently having no control over anything. The less control or the more controlled we are in ways we don't like, the more likely it is that you will finally find our threshold. It can take a great deal for some of us, though. I've only snapped twice, and it took months of constant crap and nothing going according to plan before I finally snapped.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Kiddo, would you mind telling why you think that our values are determined by our Fi?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kiddo, would you mind telling why you think that our values are determined by our Fi?

If values are determined by Fi, would that mean that for INTPs and ISTPs, values will inherently be their downfall?

That can't be right...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi

Te and Fi to be precise.

I have made the observation that the types that tend to have the most individualistic values are those that utilize those cognitive processes. ENTJs, INTJs, ENFPs, and INFPs. Ni seems to further accentuate those values.

Edit: More collectivistic values are determined by Ti and Fe.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Whatever you say dude. It doesn't really matter to me what you think.

That really makes your posts about INTJ's seem pointless. If you don't care about wolf's opinion on the subject (which would be correct, seeing that he is an INTJ himself, and therefore knows a lot more than you do about how INTJ's think), then why do you think we care about yours? I already know that many of your statements are simply incorrect, and there is no way for you to know about it better than I do.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
That really makes your posts about INTJ's seem pointless. If you don't care about wolf's opinion on the subject (which would be correct, seeing that he is an INTJ himself, and therefore knows a lot more than you do about how INTJ's think), then why do you think we care about yours? I already know that many of your statements are simply incorrect, and there is no way for you to know about it better than I do.

Oh, don't think my judgement of Wolf's statements have anything to do with him being an INTJ. I just don't respect him as an individual based on how he has treated me on this forum in the past.

heart

heart on fire
Fi in INTJ

Introverted Feeling

"As a Tertiary Function, Fi typically leads ITJs to retreat into solitary actions that have no constructive worldly effect but are aimed at providing a justification for calling themselves good people. Another example is obsession with the purity of one's soul. For example, being a vegetarian while working at Taco Bell--not out of any great love for animals (the person might hardly know anything about what cows are like), but to be able to say, "Well, at least I never ate any animals." Or engaging in pointless acts of honor, like maintaining super-self-control or "doing one's duty" or going down with the ship...." (more at link)

Edit: More collectivistic values are determined by Ti and Fe.

I haven't noticed INTP being that collective in their beliefs.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Oh, don't think my judgement of Wolf's statements have anything to do with him being an INTJ. I just don't respect him as an individual based on how he has treated me on this forum in the past.

Ah. Then I will leave that alone, if it is a personal issue.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
INTJs don't lose it when they're stressed. They keep their mental balance. I've noticed that with my INTJ friend that when he's stressed, he becomes really irritable though, sometimes downright annoying. I'm not sure what long term stress would do though.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Do all discussions here break down into exchanges personal rivalries and animosity?

Excuse me, I'm kind of new here. I'm still trying to figure out this place.