User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: INTJ breakdown

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    BT: Hyperlinks automatically become underlined and often change color when you create them.

Hap: Alright then.
    Hehehehehe!

Wrong. They stay black on this forum. I'd love 'em to go blue, though. What do you think?

Edit. The problem in *cumunykayshun* arose at this http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post192836 where I mistakenly took a recommendation by JR to read something (that I've never heard of) the wrong way. Tip: please give references - authors, ISBN numbers, hyperlinks, etc.

Many thanks!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones
    Hehehehehe!

Wrong. They stay black on this forum. I'd love 'em to go blue, though. What do you think?

MBTI
    NICE

Well on my config it stays black. So there! Can we have a poll - who's go stay black and whose go blue? I can do a screenshot but it all seems rather pointless.

Unless this is a wind-up (- see thread topic)?

It must be. Who would be this petty at pub closing time?

MBTI
    NICE

Can we get on with the subject Haphazard. Where were we now? Annoying INTJs...

As I say, buddy. Very little pisses us off.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Can we get on with the subject Haphazard. Where were we now? Annoying INTJs...

As I say, buddy. Very little pisses us off.
    I'm not talking about annoying them.

I'm talking about an INTJ when they snap. Mere 'annoyance' wouldn't do it. It would have to be a lot of weight over a long period of time. Not simple ranting and raving but finally the expression of something that's been stewing inside for a long, long time.

MBTI
    INFJ

You can read the info for free at the bookstore. I do that all the time.
    Libraries are free, too.

As far as finding the author and other pertinent information, I googled the title and the Amazon listing came up right at the top of the list - ISBN, author, date, etc. You can even do "Search Within" to find topics of interest.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

I'm talking about an INTJ when they snap. Mere 'annoyance' wouldn't do it. It would have to be a lot of weight over a long period of time. Not simple ranting and raving but finally the expression of something that's been stewing inside for a long, long time.
    I reckon classic shadow behaviour: excess; excess; excess. Usually in some SF rut - booze, drugs, etc. It probably explains over-representation of INTJ in addiction clinics.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Violent outbursts, seething rage, recklessness, and other responses that are unusual. I've only snapped a couple times, and you'd better hide (and hope I survive it, if you care).
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Junior Member littlemissgiggles's Avatar
    MBTI
    entj
    Enneagram

I imagine an INTJ might snap if enough stuff happened to them that was out of their control. Or something gone wrong in an interpersonal relationship that brought about all of these new feelings they couldn't avoid, no matter how hard they tried...

This happened to an INTJ I know. Result: not pretty. Like the others said, excess. Drinking, drugs, etc. And, because they're an INTJ, when you try to help them, they refuse, call you judgmental, and tell you that you can't possibly know, because, after all, they know themselves better than you do.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

Attack an INTJs fundamental values and you are in for a hell of a fight. That is going straight for their weak Fi by which they reason the ethics of their ideologies and all the choices they make in their day to day lives. Argue that their values are distorted or wrong and it's like kicking at the supporting beam of all their reasoning and beliefs. You manage to shake it for one second, make them doubt the basis by which they have built all their beliefs, and the reaction could only be described as "snapping". All the emotion that an INTJ would normally control from influencing their thinking, is suddenly released, often in a very vicious and malevolent way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.