User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 52

  1. #21
    Senior Member think2much's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I imagine it depends on what you take. I have heard only positive reactions.
    taking drugs just to survive sounds depressing. I refuse to die than take daily meds. It isn't essential to survive.

    I can't even imagin how taking meds will change my life, I'm still gonna strugle with everything I'm dealing with.

    Taking adderall would be more efficient since I'll be more productive. Again taking pills just to function in this society is depressing. If I wanted this pain to go away I rather take meth. all again unhealthy choice.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    KDude speaks truth.

    P.S. So does Nicodemus. If you have major depression, you can't think straight. Give yourself a chance at least and try some alteration of your brain chemistry for perhaps the better. If you don't like it, you don't have to continue. If you find it helps, take the help. You have nothing to lose.

    P.P.S. I have major depression, too. I take Wellbutrin. If I don't, within about six weeks, I start suicidal ideation. I don't know why and I'm bored with the question; it doesn't matter to me anymore. It stops when I take my medication. I still like to spend my time online or listening to sad music, though. Because that's just what I like to do.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    taking drugs just to survive sounds depressing. I refuse to die than take daily meds. It isn't essential to survive.

    I can't even imagin how taking meds will change my life, I'm still gonna strugle with everything I'm dealing with.

    Taking adderall would be more efficient since I'll be more productive. Again taking pills just to function in this society is depressing. If I wanted this pain to go away I rather take meth. all again unhealthy choice.
    Regard the meds as the rope that should get you out of the mire you are in. Once you got out, you can throw it away.

  4. #24
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    You sound like you are beyond the "help" of a typology forum. Having major depression is like being buried above ground. Anti-depressents can do a lot of good. Back it up with some CBT from a competent therapist. It's better than just taking the drugs alone.

    When you're depressed, everything sucks. EVERYTHING. Nothing is right, all is wrong, wrong, wrong and it will never get better, not ever...The End.

    And fortunately, none of that is true at all. It's hard to believe when that's all you see, all you know, and all you believe. It's like standing in a bottom of a well believing you are trapped in there with no way out. Yet, the reality is that the lip of well is just right above your head. With a little effort (or a lot), you could just climb out. You just need to look up to see it instead of looking down at your feet.

  5. #25
    Analytical Dreamer Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    17,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    I was happy being a loner during that time but not anymore. I'm extremely lonely, would like to be in a relationship. It isn't common for a guy to be a virgin at my age, not that I care that it's uncommon but I'm very sexually frustrated as well. I already have low self-esteem and it doesn't help that I'm getting older. Feels like there's something wrong with me or that I'm not good enough. I been self-loathing for long time now.
    You will not have a fulfilling relationship with anyone until you have a better relationship with yourself.

    The advice about antidepressants is sound. I have also known people for whom they have worked wonders, if only as a temporary crutch.

    If nothing else, make a point to get up early each morning and watch the sun rise. This is no joke. Try it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

  6. #26
    Senior Member think2much's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    You will not have a fulfilling relationship with anyone until you have a better relationship with yourself.

    The advice about antidepressants is sound. I have also known people for whom they have worked wonders, if only as a temporary crutch.

    If nothing else, make a point to get up early each morning and watch the sun rise. This is no joke. Try it.
    I just talked to someone I met online on skype for 2hrs. He made me realize how much I feel like an alien. I don't understand social dynamic and it's frustrating. I feel all alone in this planet, not even my parents can understand me.

    More I think about it, I don't think relationship is possible with someone. I like to spend so much time alone or in my head. I don't even know what to do. I'm socially incept.

    days like this I just wanna say fuck everyone, I don't believe I have mental disorder. Even if I did I'm not gonna get therapy so I can be just like everyone eles.

    Feeling this way for very long time. I'm thinking about sucide even thinking about my family. They have to let me go if I'm going through this much pain. Hitting almost mid 20s and I feel like a manchild sometimes but observing people joking about the stupidest shit makes me feel more mature than them.

  7. #27
    Senior Member ICUP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Wow, and I thought I had problems.

    You need to seek help, soon.

    The next time someone accuses me of being negative, I'm going to point them to you.

    You definitely think too much about shit that doesn't matter. Quit thinking about how crappy you are and start trying to change whatever it is that bothers you about yourself. For one, quit worrying about what people on a forum think of you. It's a testing ground and not real life.
    ISTP 6w5 sx/sp
    6-8-4/6-9-4 Tritype

  8. #28
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    I just talked to someone I met online on skype for 2hrs. He made me realize how much I feel like an alien. I don't understand social dynamic and it's frustrating.
    Can you explain how that particular conversation made you realize (again) that you are so inept?

    Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    days like this I just wanna say fuck everyone, I don't believe I have mental disorder. Even if I did I'm not gonna get therapy so I can be just like everyone eles.

    Feeling this way for very long time. I'm thinking about sucide even thinking about my family. They have to let me go if I'm going through this much pain. Hitting almost mid 20s and I feel like a manchild sometimes but observing people joking about the stupidest shit makes me feel more mature than them.
    It is quite funny how we grow fond of and do not wish to lose ourselves even if we are miserable. What is important, however, is that you will still be you during and after treatment because it is the memory that makes the person. You can still be special when you are 'like everyone else': they are all different.

  9. #29
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    9,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by think2much View Post
    I don't believe I have mental disorder. Even if I did I'm not gonna get therapy so I can be just like everyone eles.
    Unless this entire thread is a load of bullshit you are posting simply for amusement, yes you do have a mental disorder and yes you need therapy.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

  10. #30
    Senior Member bcubchgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    164

    Default

    learn to love yourself and people will learn to love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SCOEI / Inquisitive

Similar Threads

  1. can't turn my phone down pass vibrate
    By prplchknz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 03:13 PM
  2. Introductions were never quite my speciality.
    By Hecuba in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
  3. [Fi] Can you ever let your guard down?
    By think2much in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 07:48 AM
  4. If my inferior is Te, how can I put my clothes on?
    By Jeffster in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 04:38 PM
  5. Where should I put my coat?
    By Z Buck McFate in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO