User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    xSFP
    Enneagram
    7?

Default INTJ: Do you/they resermble the descriptions?

(Ummm.... I meant "resemble." No one tried to arrest me for this; what does it mean?)

I've been trying to learn more about INTJs. The descriptions say things like:

self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant
    perfectionists
    may reject authority
    hard-working and reliable
    information gatherers
    imaginative
    insightful
    ambitious
    often spend a lot of time in their own minds
    not emotionally demonstrative

Are INTJs really like this? If you are an INTJ or know one very well, would you fill me in on the reality?
    Last edited by plaminal; 11-16-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    ********* Alphabet soup--trying to find the right four letters **********

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yes to all of the above.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Ditto.

@ OP: Why do you ask? It seems almost that you are seeking reassurance that it isn't so.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ

All of that matches me as well but I also find the question somewhat weird as well.
    INTJ, HSP, 1w9 or tritype 154, sx/sp

MBTI
    xSFP
    Enneagram
    7?

Hi... I'm just another hard-to-type person. I'm doing research, and have already "done" INFJ, INFP, and most of what I'll do to learn about INTJ. The descriptions online and in 2 books I have didn't always seem to match the people on the forums very well, and I've been trying various methods of getting to what the people are really like.

Thanks for the replies.
    ********* Alphabet soup--trying to find the right four letters **********

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I only know one INTJ in real life, but heres my observation

self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant - confident about his beliefs, arrogantly rejecting other peoples view about the beliefs if they doesent mach his.
    perfectionists - on some things yes.
    may reject authority - this is bit complicated, short answer would be yes, but also needs authority figures or he wont believe what people tell him about stuff.
    hard-working and reliable - hard-working yes, reliable on some stuff, not on everything, wouldnt call him more reliable than average person overally.
    information gatherers - definitely.
    imaginative - i would call it delusional, drawing weird conclusions about stuff and hard Fi convictions about them.
    insightful - yes and no. He might get really profound insights about certain stuff(like hypothesis about how the world works), but if you ask him insight about something, you most likely wont get any.
    ambitious - no.
    often spend a lot of time in their own minds - yes, to the extends where he gets totally detached from external world, but is able to operate on autopilot.
    not emotionally demonstrative - true.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by plaminal View Post
    (Ummm.... I meant "resemble." No one tried to arrest me for this; what does it mean?)

self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant (I'm confident in my ability to learn, not so much in my actual knowledge about something, unless it's something I've studied. Some do see me as arrogant, yes.)
    perfectionists (I can be. But I'm also very pragmatic, and if the perfect solution takes more effort than it appears to be worth, I won't bother.)
    may reject authority (definitely, I do that. I have a bit of a rebellious streak sometimes.)
    hard-working and reliable (I think that applies to me.)
    information gatherers (absolutely. If I don't have enough information about something, I'm hardly able to act at all. It's kind of a weakness in many ways)
    imaginative (Yes, but not necessarily in the stereotypical way. I'm more likely to imagine solutions to problems than new concepts.)
    insightful (I think I can be, if I know the subject well)
    ambitious (On things I consider important. Not so much in other areas)
    often spend a lot of time in their own minds (Absolutely 100%. Almost to a fault.)
    not emotionally demonstrative (No, I'm not terribly emotional. That's not to say I don't feel though. I often feel very deeply, for people, things, etc. It just never shows, and doesn't play much of a role in my decision-making process.)

Are INTJs really like this? If you are an INTJ or know one very well, would you fill me in on the reality?
    I can't vouch for the reliability of my opinion, since self-awareness isn't exactly my strong suit, but you can take it for what it's worth, anyway.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Hmm, to clarify... I don't reject authority unless the authority is obviously wrong, or incompetent, or is staring at my boobs while talking to me.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

Yes, though I'm also very shy, so I may seem confident or arrogant at times (usually around my friends and family) or extremely unconfident at other times (when talking to other people). Although, a lot of people do mistake shyness for arrogance, so they might see me as arrogant even then, when I'm actually very uncertain of myself.

I also occasionally demonstrate my emotions, but usually not ones regarding myself. When I do show emotions, it's usually concern for other people, not myself. I'm a T rather than an F simply because I don't let emotions affect my decisions. I'm often upset that I have to do things that might make other people feel bad though - I have strong emotions, but an even stronger thinking trait.

And I do usually reject authority. Since I'm young, I am forced to follow the rules of adults, though I try my best to show my displeasure. Even when I agree with authority, I still don't like that someone thinks they have the right to tell me or anyone else what to do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by plaminal View Post

self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant
    perfectionists
    may reject authority-When it needs to be rejected
    hard-working and reliableReliable, yes. Hard working when I am interested or it just has to get done and requires hard work to do it. Wasted effort is just that, I aim to be efficient so I have more time to procrastinate and daydream
    information gatherers
    imaginative
    insightful
    ambitious
    often spend a lot of time in their own minds
    not emotionally demonstrative

The rest of the list is a pretty good though short list.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni