User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Funny, I just don't feel the need to compare myself to others. I compare my level of knowledge, not to yours or Rand's or any other INTJ's, but to the unknown ideal of whatever pure form it may happen to take. Knowledge is not a social function, nor it is a reason to compare penis sizes as a metaphor for intellectual stature.
    I compare my knowledge with the job or purpose at hand. Either I know enough to accomplish it, or I don't. If the latter, I can learn what I need, or get the help of someone who already does -- in which case, I sure will compare their knowledge to mine, else it might be the blind leading the blind.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That's a narcissistic comparison. It is without doubt a narcissistic comparison.

"Someone run and tell teacher!"

Funny, I just don't feel the need to compare myself to others. I compare my level of knowledge, not to yours or Rand's or any other INTJ's, but to the unknown ideal of whatever pure form it may happen to take. Knowledge is not a social function, nor it is a reason to compare penis sizes as a metaphor for intellectual stature.
    Now if only if you had the self-awareness to realize that all you're doing here is showing a preference for Ti over Te, talking about Ti in lofty terms, and Te in derogatory terms.

But, well, yeah, it's quite obvious that said awareness is lacking.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

What I described above is both criticism of character and of someone's cooking. One could say, for example, "You're a fatso!" Or one could say, by contrast, "You could stand to lose a little weight." You may be insulted by the former, or you could just take it on the (double) chin and say, "You're right, I am too fat," as it were intended constructively. The insulting form of criticism does tend to get more attention, as Ramsay seems to know instinctively. (I'm not referring to you as an example.
    I fail to see how cooking skill or being overweight are aspects of character, regardless of how any criticism is delivered or received. Telling a fat person he obviously is lazy and has no self-control addresses character, as is telling a bad cook his work suffers because he lacks motivation and refuses to apply himself.

These character criticisms are somewhat constructive in that they give the person at least the critic's estimate of what the real problem is, so they know what to examine and work on. To be more constructive, the criticism would ideally be more specific.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I fail to see how cooking skill or being overweight are aspects of character, regardless of how any criticism is delivered or received. Telling a fat person he obviously is lazy and has no self-control addresses character, as is telling a bad cook his work suffers because he lacks motivation and refuses to apply himself.
    That's cuz you're an illogical INTJ, Coriolis.

You simply don't understand logic, since you're not an INTP.

Now don't start getting arrogant (i.e., defending your perfectly sound reasoning)!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Don't worry - I'm too narcissistic to feel I have to defend my reasoning to anyone.

As for logic, who cares if I understand it, as long as I can make it work.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Don't worry - I'm too narcissistic to feel I have to defend my reasoning to anyone.

As for logic, who cares if I understand it, as long as I can make it work.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I had an INTJ friend (which now I consider just an acquaintance) and I think the descriptions fit him quite well. One of the smartest guys I've ever met. A bit arrogant and pretty weird. To be honest, I don't trust him much. He seems to be the kind of atheist that think just because there is no God to judge you, there's no point in having minimal moral standards. At the very least, he tries to look tough by pretending. Maybe it's just immaturity. But I highly enjoyed the intellectual stimulation he provided. A while ago I asked him which was his next goal and his answer was ''Dude, my goal is world domination. All the other ''goals'' are just means.'' :yim_rolling_on_the_

I still think an INTJ woman would be the perfect match for me. If only I can find one who's fun and not too stubborn...
    Last edited by Rasofy; 11-22-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: gram
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I still think an INTJ woman would be the perfect match for me. If only I can find one... [who's] not too stubborn...
    I recommend you adjust that last expectation...

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I compare my knowledge with the job or purpose at hand. Either I know enough to accomplish it, or I don't. If the latter, I can learn what I need, or get the help of someone who already does -- in which case, I sure will compare their knowledge to mine, else it might be the blind leading the blind.
    That's a functional comparison, not a question of egoes.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I recommend you adjust that last expectation...
    Can't INTJs be fun? Even though a fun INTJ is likely borderline rude. But I enjoy it. I hardly take them seriously, anyways, but I keep it a secret. Just let them think they are badass and everything is fine.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------