• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ: Do you/they resermble the descriptions?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant - Yes
perfectionists - Definitely
may reject authority - What do you mean? I take their opinion into account just as much as anyone else's.
hard-working and reliable - Hard working definitely. Pretty reliable.
information gatherers - Yes
imaginative - I like to think so - an idea person anyway.
insightful - I think somewhat yes.
ambitious - Always have been
often spend a lot of time in their own minds - Absolutely
not emotionally demonstrative - With people I don't know well, this is true. With people I do know well, I believe this to be not true. Then again, I am counter preference on one facet in MBTI Step 2 - ENTHUSIASTIC Lively, energetic, seek spotlight vs.QUIET Calm, enjoy solitude, seek background

ultimawepun

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
-self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant
I'm very confident, but I don't see myself as arrogant. In the eyes of others? Not sure. Doesn't seem that way.

-perfectionists
Yes.

-may reject authority
Not really. Though I do prefer having some control in situations.

-hard-working and reliable
Hardworking, maybe. Reliable? Well I can rely on myself if that's what you mean. Otherwise, it depends.

-information gatherers
Yes.

-imaginative
Yes. Very.

-insightful
I'd like to say I am. I'm very contemplative.

-ambitious
Yes.

-often spend a lot of time in their own minds
Very. Very.

-not emotionally demonstrative
I guess, at least not in the conventional sort of way.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is some book information on INTJs.

They are "strong individualists who seek new angles or novel ways of looking at things."
They "enjoy coming to new understandings."
They are "insightful and mentally quick."
They "can be quite stubborn when information relayed to them by authorities contradicts what they believe."
They "are compelled to establish their own rules, boundaries, standards, and style."
They "set internal standards of achievement for themselves and often do well academically."
They "learn best when they can design their own approach."
They "use their conceptual strengths to understand and anticipate future needs."
They are "relentless reorganizers who are seldom satisfied with the way things are."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
-self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant
I'm very confident, but I don't see myself as arrogant. In the eyes of others? Not sure. Doesn't seem that way.

I only see arrogance when the INTJ feels cornered by an undefeatable argument.

R

Riva

self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant - yes
perfectionists - yes
may reject authority - yes, but only if they're idiots. I have no inherent problem with authority.
hard-working and reliable - yes on the first, but, on the second, I'm no ISTJ. I do what I want. When it comes to serious shit, though, my friends know I will go to any length.
information gatherers - yes
imaginative - yes, but I'm no Ne-user. Imagination for me isn't spontaneous playing around. It's more srs bsns.
insightful - yes
ambitious - yes
often spend a lot of time in their own minds - always
not emotionally demonstrative - it's hard to be. doesn't mean I can't be if the emotion is authentic, it just has to push me over a certain threshold. once i'm over that threshold, i can be very demonstrative, as the emotion is obviously strong.

For the 1st time I see Zarathustra being open about his personality.

Anyway regarding the highlighted part, maybe the OP was directing the question as to whether one is emotionally expressive when it comes to sharing emotions. (Maybe like with someone one loves.) :)

R

Riva

That is because you are myopic.

Assuming you didn't make that comment in the literal sense I am at my right to quote myself and call you a 'rude fellow' yet again.

Assuming you did make the comment in the literal sense, I must confess I do tend to miss certain things.

But do not fret, I am an ENTP. I shall use my cleverness to eradicate myopicisness from all my future posts.

:ninja:

Nicodemus

Assuming you didn't make that comment in the literal sense I am at my right to quote myself and call you a 'rude fellow' yet again.

Assuming you did make the comment in the literal sense, I must confess I do tend to miss certain things.

But do not fret, I am an ENTP. I shall use my cleverness to eradicate myopicisness from all my future posts.

:ninja:
Reading your posts, like watching an Adam Sandler film, is both amusing and annoying, because they reveal an impressive lack of knowledge and/or understanding.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is some book information on INTJs.

They are "strong individualists who seek new angles or novel ways of looking at things."
They "enjoy coming to new understandings."
They are "insightful and mentally quick."
They "can be quite stubborn when information relayed to them by authorities contradicts what they believe."
They "are compelled to establish their own rules, boundaries, standards, and style."
They "set internal standards of achievement for themselves and often do well academically."
They "learn best when they can design their own approach."
They "use their conceptual strengths to understand and anticipate future needs."
They are "relentless reorganizers who are seldom satisfied with the way things are."

Read the bolded as Angels...damn it. It so should have been, i could have rolled with that.:wubbie:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:yim_rolling_on_the_

You're a narcissist. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just pointing it out, although I realize INTJs only want compliments about their character (and constructive criticism about things not involving character issues).

INTJs are easily cornered by their logical fallacies, upon which follows the arrogance as they seek in vain to defend their independent views which they cherish.

Ayn Rand was typical of the type: idealistic, yet egotistical.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're a narcissist. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just pointing it out, although I realize INTJs only want compliments about their character (and constructive criticism about things not involving character issues).
I would welcome constructive criticism about my character, but I hardly ever receive any. I would not be surprised if the experience of other INTJs is similar.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would welcome constructive criticism about my character, but I hardly ever receive any. I would not be surprised if the experience of other INTJs is similar.

What does constructive criticism about one's character look like? What form would it have to take? If you were cooking for Chef Gordon Ramsay and he said you were a worthless pile of shit who can't cook, would you take it as constructive criticism?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You're a narcissist.

The funny thing is that you say this as if I don't understand what you're pointing to far better than you do.

...although I realize INTJs only want compliments about their character...

False.

INTJs are easily cornered by their logical fallacies, upon which follows the arrogance as they seek in vain to defend their independent views which they cherish.

Wrong again.

This must be one of your "undefeatable arguments" that's really little more than subjective (and stupid) opinion.

We had a discussion via pm, and I'm sorry that I made you look like a fool.

The ironic thing is how full of arrogance your last message was.

You know, the one right before I pointed out your blatant logical inconsistency, and you stopped responding.

Looks like it's the second time in two days that the old Jungian shadow/Jesus speech comes right to the fore again.

Oh, and now, it's coming back to me: that was a major part of the issue in our conversation in the first place.

You lacked recognition of how your shadow manifests itself (in this case, shadow meaning tertiary/inferior).

You didn't see how your Fe was bleeding into your Ti, and you got offended when I pointed this out.

Then I pointed out your blatant logical inconsistency, and you were not heard from again.

Ever since, I've noticed plenty of posts from you laced with resentment for INTJs.

You're a funny fellow.

Ayn Rand was typical of the type: idealistic, yet egotistical.

:yapyapyap:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You introduced the idea of INTJs not wanting constructive criticism about character, I would hope you have some idea of what you mean by it.

I don't know who this chef is, but: (1) cooking ability is a skill, not an element of character; and (2) namecalling and blanket generalizations are not constructive. Constructive criticism of cooking skill would look more like, "your vegetables are overcooked, meat is tough, sauce has too much XYZ herb, and you don't know how to plan work so everything is finished at the same time".

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The funny thing is that you say this as if I don't fully understand what you're pointing to far better than you do.

That's a narcissistic comparison. It is without doubt a narcissistic comparison.

Funny, I just don't feel the need to compare myself to others. I compare my level of knowledge, not to yours or Rand's or any other INTJ's, but to the unknown ideal of whatever pure form it may happen to take. Knowledge is not a social function, nor it is a reason to compare penis sizes as a metaphor for intellectual stature.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You introduced the idea of INTJs not wanting constructive criticism about character, I would hope you have some idea of what you mean by it.

I don't know who this chef is, but: (1) cooking ability is a skill, not an element of character; and (2) namecalling and blanket generalizations are not constructive. Constructive criticism of cooking skill would look more like, "your vegetables are overcooked, meat is tough, sauce has too much XYZ herb, and you don't know how to plan work so everything is finished at the same time".

Wow. OMG. You don't know who Chef Gordon Ramsay is?

I'm pointing to the subjective nature of the response.

What I described above is both criticism of character and of someone's cooking. One could say, for example, "You're a fatso!" Or one could say, by contrast, "You could stand to lose a little weight." You may be insulted by the former, or you could just take it on the (double) chin and say, "You're right, I am too fat," as it were intended constructively. The insulting form of criticism does tend to get more attention, as Ramsay seems to know instinctively. (I'm not referring to you as an example.)

On the other hand, someone can also take "You could stand to lose a little weight" as deeply insulting. So sometimes it's just as well to state it as an insult to begin with.