User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by plaminal View Post
    self-confident and sometimes seen as arrogant
    not emotionally demonstrative
    My dad is an INTJ, I've worked with some INTJs, am dating an INTJ, and went on a date with another INTJ - from that I would say those two are inaccurate and vary widely. Some INTJs are prototypical robots (probably more so at work) others can seem downright warm and sociable (probably more on first date mode).

I also think INFPs mistype as INTJ more often than one might think.

As for 'noticeably confident' some are probably to the point of arrogance or even being pompous. I would also think it's situational as INTJs can become 'experts' in an area (self-appointed or not). Similar to how an INTP that is normally quiet and shy can suddenly become feisty and even trollish about a particular area of expertise.

But, you're just as likely to get a very unassuming INTJ. That doesn't mean a lack of confidence, just a lack of showiness.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    ...agreed about Ni-Se, but then conveniently left out how this extends to Si-Ne, Te-Fi, and Fe-Ti.
    It makes total sense to me if you think of the choose [ ] supress [ ] reject [ ] ignore [ ] as a cascading matrix: choose Ni supress Se reject Ne ignore Si.... Carries over even to an aux function quite nicely: choose Fe supress Ti reject Te ignore Fi. It just "makes sense" regardless of Beebe or where it came from. Yes Fe and Te are equidistant as Fe to Fi, but this distinction of suppression vs rejection vs ignoring makes the idea of cognitive processes (instead of a toolbox way of looking at it) more understandable. I don't agree that an ENTP has Si because he did some accounting. He's still supressing it in order to be an ENTP...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    It makes total sense to me if you think of the choose [ ] supress [ ] reject [ ] ignore [ ] as a cascading matrix: choose Ni supress Se reject Ne ignore Si.... Carries over even to an aux function quite nicely: choose Fe supress Ti reject Te ignore Fi. It just "makes sense" regardless of Beebe or where it came from. Yes Fe and Te are equidistant as Fe to Fi, but this distinction of suppression vs rejection vs ignoring makes the idea of cognitive processes (instead of a toolbox way of looking at it) more understandable. I don't agree that an ENTP has Si because he did some accounting. He's still supressing it in order to be an ENTP...
    Can you explain this distinction? How exactly to suppression, rejection, and ignoring differ? Also, how does this view of cognitive processes differ from what you refer to as the "toolbox way"?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    I agree with all of this, except for the part where you say "Fe supress Ti reject Te ignore Fi".

It should actually be "Fe supress Ti reject Fi ignore Te".

What one "rejects" is of the same function, but of the opposite attitude.

What one "ignores" is of the same attitude, but the other function of the same judging/perceiving function-type.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Something about your judgmental dickishness just brings out my Fe police.

My main complaint (yeah, yeah, I know you don't care): Is that you are a hypocrit. You personally attack others and exhibit bullying behavior, while at the same time attempting to call it out in others. Quit being a hypocrit and I'll quit calling you out on it.
    That's an accurate assessment. And I am by no means the only one who think so.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You forgot "no sense of humour".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    That's an accurate assessment. And I am by no means the only one who think so.
    Yes, you and all the other INFJs.

And, once again, I could give a damn about your opinion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I could *not* give a damn. I thought INTJs were supposed to be sticklers for proper usage.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I could *not* give a damn. I thought INTJs were supposed to be sticklers for proper usage.
    I'm a little surprised none of them have demanded that the title typo be eliminated yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I'm a little surprised none of them have demanded that the title typo be eliminated yet.
    Perhaps this was their idea of a sense of humour.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying