User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorjuice View Post
    Please list:
    -You walk on tiles in patterns seldomly, sometimes, or frequently.
    -Your favorite subject or your major.
    -What kind of pattern you walk in.

I'm doing a project and I'd like to know. Thanks!
    Seldom, some tile patterns lend themselves to pattern walking more than others.

Intellectual history as it relates to Environmental History and Landscape Architecture.

I tend to avoid irregularities mostly but sometimes seek them out if they coincide with my stride. When my stride refuses to match to the ineptitude of the mason I waltz.

Having spent a lot of time as a mason it bugs the shit out of me when tiles aren't properly spaced. When I was in college I preferred certain stalls in the dorms because the tile spacing was better/more consistent.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post

PS: Not to be nit-picky, but my dictionary says that "seldomly" doesn't exist. :P
    You are correct, thank you for telling me. I think I'm going to keep it the way it is though.

I frequently walk on tiles.
    Most of us frequently walk on tiles. But I assume you meant walking in patterns on tiles. Do you have any other patterns besides one that is attributed to color? Just curious.

Is this restricted to NTs? I want to contribute anyway..
    Of course it isn't! I wasn't sure where to post this. I saw that a lot of people view this subforum (or subtopic? whatever it's called) so I posted it here. I considered posting in the NF part but I'm NT.

Every type's contribution is very much welcome!

NPcomplete

You are correct, thank you for telling me. I think I'm going to keep it the way it is though.

Most of us frequently walk on tiles. But I assume you meant walking in patterns on tiles. Do you have any other patterns besides one that is attributed to color? Just curious.

Of course it isn't! I wasn't sure where to post this. I saw that a lot of people view this subforum (or subtopic? whatever it's called) so I posted it here. I considered posting in the NF part but I'm NT.

Every type's contribution is very much welcome!
    Ha ok. It just bothered me.. :P

Hmm well there's the colour one. One of my INTP friends used to not walk on the tiles that had cracks and I got inspired for a while to do the same..then when I almost walked into someone, I gave up that pattern.

I'm not sure what other patterns I use. Maybe I don't have any other patterns. I need to walk on some tiles, not think and then I'll report back haha.

Just curious, what kind of study is this? :P

MBTI
    INTP

Ha ok. It just bothered me.. :P

Hmm well there's the colour one. One of my INTP friends used to not walk on the tiles that had cracks and I got inspired for a while to do the same..then when I almost walked into someone, I gave up that pattern.

I'm not sure what other patterns I use. Maybe I don't have any other patterns. I need to walk on some tiles, not think and then I'll report back haha.

Just curious, what kind of study is this? :P
    Well for applying for a scholarship they want you to do a project that shows off your creativity. I found this genuinely interesting.
    Last edited by Doctorjuice; 11-14-2011 at 07:37 AM.

NPcomplete

Well for applying for a scholarship they want you to do a project that shows off your creativity. I found this genuinely interesting and am considering using it as my project.

I'm worried that this project is too....little? Or maybe too silly? I don't know. Somebody did a project based on a made-up element that sounded very much like the school's name. The attributes of the element corresponded with attributes of the school. That, with their credentials, got the person the scholarship.

What's your opinion on this project (I ask the same question of anybody reading this)? Do you think it's too silly? Be honest with me.
    Wow! Well it depends on your project objectives, the scope of the project etc. Sounds interesting.

Hmm maybe it's a good idea to post this in a part of the forum that has traffic from not just NTs (although the forum is pretty NT-dominated).. The Bonfire maybe? You may get more data.

Also, you could try livejournal? I know people often post Doctor Who-related surveys on the Doctor Who group..so maybe it won't be a bad idea to try psychology-related groups on there.

MBTI
    INTP

Wow! Well it depends on your project objectives, the scope of the project etc. Sounds interesting.

Hmm maybe it's a good idea to post this in a part of the forum that has traffic from not just NTs (although the forum is pretty NT-dominated).. The Bonfire maybe? You may get more data.

Also, you could try livejournal? I know people often post Doctor Who-related surveys on the Doctor Who group..so maybe it won't be a bad idea to try psychology-related groups on there.
    Alright I will post this in the Bonfire but keep this thread open as well.

And I might give livejournal a shot.

The scope of the project might be small. I probably have around 15 from forum posts alone. I am going to try and call everyone I know. Does fifty people sound like a small number? I'll aim for fifty then one hundred and keep on going from there. Unfortunately I have one or two more days max to work on this. I had no idea the scholarship deadline would be in mid-november (the deadline is nov 15).

Also my objectives are little. I just want to say how this correlates to majors and favorite subjects. At this point relating it to personality types will be skewed. There won't be any hard-data as far as personality goes but I might ask people on the phone whether they prefer the abstract or the concrete. I think that question is answered by forum posters just by looking at whether they are S or N.

Thanks for the suggestions!

If you or anybody else has any other suggestions let me know.

I do not walk on tiles in any particular pattern-thus seldomly. I notice patterns in the tile, but I dont feel obligated to walk on them really. Perhaps in my mind, I play games tracing patterns on walls.

biochemistry/biophysics long ago-enfp

what was the last q?

edit-ah. okay so I dont walk on the tiles, thus there is no pattern. However in my mind as I trace the patterns I tend to seek of concentric ones that sweep around in arcs, then reconnect together.

good luck with your project!

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Might take few steps in random patterns on tiles occasionally for fun.

Favourite subject/hopefullywillcomeamajoralso: psychology

I dont have any patterns that i follow, i make up the patterns as i go
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

If I'm bored and walking on sidewalk/tile, I try to only take one step per tile/block...I make games out of it sometimes and probably look stupid half-hopping while I walk.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;