User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    All this "love is nonsense" INTP-macho talk melts like snow for the sun once INTP's get kids...
    I don't have kids, and I'm fairly young; I also believe completely that I am an INTP. What I do NOT believe is that INTXs are incapable of compassion and real love.
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.
    Samuel Goldwyn
    |R|CueI INTP

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    If Hotdoh is anything like me, he was probably getting flashbacks from every teacher he's ever had.
    Bingo, all authority figures.
    Samuel Goldwyn
    |R|CueI INTP

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I should probably come clean about my position in this thread. Recently I watched a NARTH (National Assciation of Research and Therapy for Homosexuals) sponsored video entitled, "Homosexuality 101, What if it is not choice, what if it is not biological?" in which they made the arguments that homosexuality is a mental disorder. Then by coincidence, I stumbled upon this thread, "Is being INTP a choice or is it inherent?" and simply made a NARTH style argument against INTPs utilizing the same reasoning. Personally, I don't see much of a difference between judging people for their personality traits than I do for judging them for their sexuality traits. So I was just having some fun. I was surprised that Hotdoh took me as seriously as he did.
    Okay...phew. I actually did think of homosexuality and the whole "gay marriage" thing once you brought up INTP marriage; was that supposed to be a blatant allusion?

I can see the humor in this; it would possibly have even been funny if I knew you personally. It's just that I've encountered so many people with such moronic views that I find if simultaneously so simply and difficult to accept that one would hold such an opinion.
    Samuel Goldwyn
    |R|CueI INTP

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

No thinking person would choose this.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If you thought it was all bullshit and you made a point of saying it in every thread you saw, well, that'd make you a troll. Lol.
    I think of MBTI affiliations like I do constellations. With MBTI, it is PEOPLE who group and classify behaviors and cognitive styles, just as they do with stars. Just as stars aren't born as parts of constellations, people aren't born as INTP or ENFP or whatever. It's just people who classify them that way. People like the OP don't realize that and start fretting over who they are. It's like a star worrying about which constellation it belongs to. Kind of absurd, although confusing the map with the territory isn't anything new.

P.S. I do say this is lots of threads...

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I think of MBTI affiliations like I do constellations. With MBTI, it is PEOPLE who group and classify behaviors and cognitive styles, just as they do with stars. Just as stars aren't born as parts of constellations, people aren't born as INTP or ENFP or whatever. It's just people who classify them that way. People like the OP don't realize that and start fretting over who they are. It's like a star worrying about which constellation it belongs to. Kind of absurd, although confusing the map with the territory isn't anything new.

P.S. I do say this is lots of threads...
    See, that makes sense.

If one were to actively and maliciously tear apart everything, then you would be a troll. But you seem benign enough.

At least... for now...

I got my eye on you. Lol.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdoh View Post
    Okay...phew. I actually did think of homosexuality and the whole "gay marriage" thing once you brought up INTP marriage; was that supposed to be a blatant allusion?

I can see the humor in this; it would possibly have even been funny if I knew you personally. It's just that I've encountered so many people with such moronic views that I find if simultaneously so simply and difficult to accept that one would hold such an opinion.
    You just have to find the humor in the absurdity. Humans have a habit of taking themselves too seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENFJ

You just have to find the humor in the absurdity. Humans have a habit of taking themselves too seriously.
    It's a habit acquired because too often, people say absurd things that they really mean.

MBTI
    JIxT

No thats just us NTs.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    It's a habit acquired because too often, people say absurd things that they really mean.
    I don't know how anyone can see it as anything but funny. We create these social constructs, such as personality theory and sexual orientation, and we forget they have only the power we choose to give them. And then we question whether they are inherent or a choice? What the hell difference does it make? They are very simple ideas that we have created to label very complex aspects of ourselves.

But I like how Edahn said it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.