User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Non-Machevelian ENTPs:

Al Gore
    Thomas Edison

as it turns out, those are the only people that I can confidently type as ENTPs right now.

MBTI
    INTP

I had an ENTP buddy who was quite machiavellian-it often backfired, though. He was one of those people who was very, very intelligent, but very much lacked "common sense". He did not think through his grand schemes. A lot of people liked him just for the entertainment value of hearing him talk.

MBTI
    INTP

I had an ENTP buddy who was quite machiavellian-it often backfired, though. He was one of those people who was very, very intelligent, but very much lacked "common sense". He did not think through his grand schemes. A lot of people liked him just for the entertainment value of hearing him talk.

I think some other good examples of fictional ENTPs are the main character on CBS' "Shark", The professor/ringleader played by Kevin Spacey in 21, maybe Alex P. Keaton from "Family Ties"-which I find funny since someone mentioned Doc Brown.

Edelweiss, Whatever, what are you two like? or any other ENTP females that haven't chimed in. I don't know if I know any in real life. ANyone think of any fictional ENTP females?

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Baltar View Post
    ANyone think of any fictional ENTP females?
    The consensus seems to be that Juno was an ENTP.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Non-Machevelian ENTPs:

Thomas Edison
    Wrong!

TESLA! This is an ideal historical comparison for our entp analysis here! both Entps and both at opposite ends in a technology war. Check it:

Edison was very machevelian. When it become apparent that his beloved dirrect current was inferior to alternating current for delivering electricity over long distances, he said NO problem! we will just build direct current stations on every city block, and the Edison company will make even more profit by delivering electricity to people.

Tesla wanted to give unlimited electricity to the world, free of charge. Edison wanted to EVENTUALLY make electricity so cheap, only the rich would burn candles. Tesla died penniless and sad because he gave every last one of his gifts to be the "man-God who lit the world". Edison was an unltra-intelligent inventor who was keen on business matters, leaving a legacy of energy corporations. Who's more machievellian? There's no need to even reflect on it, because Tesla was a very selfless, genious ENTP.

Don't buy into the hubbub!

MBTI
    ENFJ

Nozzy, I've seen both Tesla and Edison typed in certain places as INTJ.

It seems to me that the way ENTPs work is not that they're necessarily naturaly 'machiavellian' but the way they perceive the public can be seen as machiavellian. The idea is that the 'public' is put in a different box than 'acquaintances'. The 'public' can be controlled and amused and easily manipulated by the ENTP but that's not really the ENTP's focus at all.

So, they can be machiavellian, but it's not really what they want to be.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Speaking of Machialvellian, who has read "Il Principe"?
    What did you learn from it?
    Is it readable?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTP

The interaction between tesla and edison was a unique one characterized by mutual opposing personalities. Remember that Tesla (INTJ!) worked for Edison (ENTP) for a while, but quit and had a lot of nasty things to say about Edison. Edison's behavior was completely characteristic of opposing personality Ni, and demonic Se ( Denying/ignoring that he was on the wrong side of history and delaying the inevitable (opposing Ni), and hypocritically arranging for the electric chair to be run on AC even though he opposed the death penalty, to 'demonstrate' the 'danger' of AC (demonic Se)). Sure, Tesla was definately the better man in the long run, and Edison ended up being very Machavelian, but I don't think ENTPs are inherintly Machavelian.

Which leads me to Al Gore. What do you have to say about him?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

demonic Se , All Gore , omg, I guess I have to bruise up on my english xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Does this confession thread of mine just totally invalidate my OP?

I don't think so. I guess I've played by some good, honest rules. (Waiting for my perceptions to be unanimously crushed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]