• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Usehername

On a mission
Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't really find it boring when I go over there (they appear very tolerant of INFJ's), especially not in the computer/technology section. I'm guessing it might be the extreme efficiency created in such an atmosphere. Their communication in the individual relationships might have been Ni-Fi, but it's probably almost all Te on the forum, especially since careful awareness of the rules is required at a pretty high level over there. I can deal with that being Lawful Neutral, of course, but I imagine it would deter many.

I see Jezebel as being a very decisive, organized, meticulous, efficient, and unilateral administrator. She seems very cold, yet passionate somehow. I haven't noticed that she seems narrow-minded, but then it's possible that narrow-mindedness is something I'm oblivious to.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer this forum because I already know the people here and everything, but INTJForum seems like a nice little site to me.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:ninja: it's like walking into a freezer- I'd chalk it up to lack of Fe ;)

also, not very many interesting threads and too much of an accepted atmostphere of discrimination and intolerance of certain groups of people (for my tastes! :) )

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
1. They are all concerned with being the "most INTJ" INTJ that the nature of the forum becomes competetive and not helpful.

2. Everyone's posts are way too long to get out a simple point.

3. Everyone thinks all INTJ traits are awesome, even if they are obviously flaws.

4. Everyone feels compelled (as far as I can tell) to show off their wittiness and intelligence every chance they get.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
After getting into this MBTI thing, I started to read alot of related forums, one of them was INTJ forums and I was amazed/amused at the level of holier than thou-ness on the forums. I was surprised because one of my closest friends (person that would be at your side when shtf) is an extreme INTJ. We helped each other out through undergrad etc...

Those guys seemed almost autistic to me, and I don't think I have ever met anyone that behaved in their manner in real life. I am not saying that people should conform to the norms or anything like that, but I seemed to get an attittude of, I am going to behave opposite of the norm because that is the right thing to do from these people. Maybe I am just being overly enfpish or something of that nature, but their behaviour seemed very fake and more like an enfp smoke and mirror show. Maybe I am wrong, but if I am, I sure would love to meet one of these people in real life.

Side note, Metamorphosis, you rock. You seriousl remind me of my INTJ friend. You just seem to be very down to earth, and have a serious grip on reality. Keep up the good work.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
Any personality with high use of Te is probably susceptible to holier-than-thouness, because the essence of Te is logically directing and controlling the outside world (which very easily includes people). INTJs and ISTJs are probably particularly prone just because they don't have the expressive personality that would allow them to control others like their extraverted counterparts.

As for Metamorphasis's claim that their posts are too long, I think any Rational, especially the Introverts, can become engrossed enough in their work that they add too much detail and turn off less interested, patient, or concentrating people. Personally, I think getting straight to the point is for most nonformal purposes more effective.

nemo

Enneagram
<3
I think that the "same-type" forums have a bad quality of creating an atmosphere where all the traits of their type -- good and bad -- are accepted, encouraged, and even justified.

I do value their existence, though, because they become like the perfect archetype of their respective types. Compare, say INTJ Central with ENTP.org.

Meta's list is completely accurate, but it's not at all unique to the INTJ forums.

INTJ Central is so amazingly interesting to me, though. Maybe because I find Ni so weird. I was just looking at a thread about chaos theory and they were talking about it like it was... well, let me just say this: my INTJ friend in real life is a physicist and transcendental meditator. That weird science + cosmic mysticism thing they have is utterly strange to me, but in a good way.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I found that forum to be addictive for awhile. There was no shortage of people to argue with and they forced me to develop inferior functions. But the downside was that nobody ever changes their mind over there and an INFJ can end up arguing endlessly trying to demonstrate the merit of their point of view. Also, they simply aren't very nice over there and often will make fun of each other's ideas. I became incredibly polarized in my beliefs as a result of my time on that forum and lost tolerance for the libertarian and conservative ideals which are commonly held there. I'd even spend dozens of posts explaining my point of view just to have the person I was explaining it to turn around and start insulting my ideas. It just proved to be a waste of time.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an INTJ, you should be able to come up with some ideas of your own about how to make it better. One person must take initiative for something to be any good; if you're seeing activity, don't complain about it - do something about it. Throw a load of topics out there that you're interested in, and you'll have swayed the discussion in your favour.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I prefer MBTIc simply because of the diversity of viewpoints. INTJfourm is like being trapped in my own head, there's nothing new, nothing fresh, I might as well have a conversation with myself. I love hearing, for example, an Fe-Ni viewpoint of something I've Ni-Te worn to death.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
INTJfourm is like being trapped in my own head, there's nothing new, nothing fresh, I might as well have a conversation with myself.
:yes:

The very idea of INTJs congregating and debating only among themselves should fill everyone with mortal dread. They probably have a private subforum, only for INTJs, where world domination strategies are discussed.

At heart they're all wannabe Bond villains. And they know it.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Because there is no diversity. Same at INTPc. "Look at me! No look at meee!" :sleeping:

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I've also noticed that INTJs tend to find each other insufferable in large groups.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I wonder why that is.

Probably because I know that anyone who thinks like me would be wisely avoided.

If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.

The real INTJs that really are thinking and intuitive WANT diversity of opinion simply because its the reflective process that sheds new light.

SJs want to be on INTJForum, whereas INTJs want to be on LOTS of forums, and especially those that are (as they say) diametrically opposite...

I didn't consider anyone there as seriously smart... like I say, real INTJs are 1:1000 not 2.2%.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.

The real INTJs that really are thinking and intuitive WANT diversity of opinion simply because its the reflective process that sheds new light.

SJs want to be on INTJForum, whereas INTJs want to be on LOTS of forums, and especially those that are (as they say) diametrically opposite...

I didn't consider anyone there as seriously smart... like I say, real INTJs are 1:1000 not 2.2%.

That's correct, I am an 8w7. I also couldn't agree with you more on your theory.

(Thanks for reminding me to put that back in my sig btw)

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
That's correct, I am an 8w7. I also couldn't agree with you more on your theory.

(Thanks for reminding me to put that back in my sig btw)

Is your distant ancestory Norman by any chance?

I have a theory about psych traits following the Y chromosome.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
...all the traits of their type -- good and bad -- are accepted, encouraged, and even justified.
There are bad? I thought that was only from the third-party perspective of people possessing different types.

My theory is that many claimed INTJs have Asperger's Syndrome, which seems to cause results around that end of the scale, and is probably due to the unconventionality of their thought patterns vaguely matching ours. They're more prone to long-winded boring esoteric diatribes about some subjects than an INTJ, which could readily explain it. There is also the common false-INTJ, which is actually an ISTJ, which adds a weird dynamic with the high concentration of people with Asperger's. This could easily cause a fact-oriented no-negotiation lecturing style to permeate the culture.

Still, there is a curious similarity between the thought patterns of a number of members and my own that I noticed before the forum became too large (and boring) for me to deal with. We all express Te almost exclusively there, while we toy with ideas more one-on-one.

But the downside was that nobody ever changes their mind over there and an INFJ can end up arguing endlessly trying to demonstrate the merit of their point of view.
Subjective points of view that have no merit would never be used in our thought processes.

I became incredibly polarized in my beliefs as a result of my time on that forum and lost tolerance for the libertarian and conservative ideals which are commonly held there. I'd even spend dozens of posts explaining my point of view just to have the person I was explaining it to turn around and start insulting my ideas. It just proved to be a waste of time.
Maybe, as I've seen, your point of view is wrong and beliefs are severely skewed due to utilizing poor and/or biased sources. We don't come to accept a certain way of thinking lightly.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Is your distant ancestory Norman by any chance?

I have a theory about psych traits following the Y chromosome.

To start, other than what I just looked up on Google I know very little about Normal culture, however, I can tell you that I have ancestry from Ireland that is well documented, and Norse heritage that is for some reason significantly harder to find anything about (Among other European areas such as France, and Germany). From what I just looked up, I would say that it is quite possible that my background is tied into the Norman culture.

I am interested to hear your theory, care to explain?