User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
    Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't really find it boring when I go over there (they appear very tolerant of INFJ's), especially not in the computer/technology section. I'm guessing it might be the extreme efficiency created in such an atmosphere. Their communication in the individual relationships might have been Ni-Fi, but it's probably almost all Te on the forum, especially since careful awareness of the rules is required at a pretty high level over there. I can deal with that being Lawful Neutral, of course, but I imagine it would deter many.

I see Jezebel as being a very decisive, organized, meticulous, efficient, and unilateral administrator. She seems very cold, yet passionate somehow. I haven't noticed that she seems narrow-minded, but then it's possible that narrow-mindedness is something I'm oblivious to.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer this forum because I already know the people here and everything, but INTJForum seems like a nice little site to me.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's like walking into a freezer- I'd chalk it up to lack of Fe

also, not very many interesting threads and too much of an accepted atmostphere of discrimination and intolerance of certain groups of people (for my tastes! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

1. They are all concerned with being the "most INTJ" INTJ that the nature of the forum becomes competetive and not helpful.

2. Everyone's posts are way too long to get out a simple point.

3. Everyone thinks all INTJ traits are awesome, even if they are obviously flaws.

4. Everyone feels compelled (as far as I can tell) to show off their wittiness and intelligence every chance they get.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume
    Likes Kyubey liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP

After getting into this MBTI thing, I started to read alot of related forums, one of them was INTJ forums and I was amazed/amused at the level of holier than thou-ness on the forums. I was surprised because one of my closest friends (person that would be at your side when shtf) is an extreme INTJ. We helped each other out through undergrad etc...

Those guys seemed almost autistic to me, and I don't think I have ever met anyone that behaved in their manner in real life. I am not saying that people should conform to the norms or anything like that, but I seemed to get an attittude of, I am going to behave opposite of the norm because that is the right thing to do from these people. Maybe I am just being overly enfpish or something of that nature, but their behaviour seemed very fake and more like an enfp smoke and mirror show. Maybe I am wrong, but if I am, I sure would love to meet one of these people in real life.

Side note, Metamorphosis, you rock. You seriousl remind me of my INTJ friend. You just seem to be very down to earth, and have a serious grip on reality. Keep up the good work.

MBTI
    INTP

Any personality with high use of Te is probably susceptible to holier-than-thouness, because the essence of Te is logically directing and controlling the outside world (which very easily includes people). INTJs and ISTJs are probably particularly prone just because they don't have the expressive personality that would allow them to control others like their extraverted counterparts.

As for Metamorphasis's claim that their posts are too long, I think any Rational, especially the Introverts, can become engrossed enough in their work that they add too much detail and turn off less interested, patient, or concentrating people. Personally, I think getting straight to the point is for most nonformal purposes more effective.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I think that the "same-type" forums have a bad quality of creating an atmosphere where all the traits of their type -- good and bad -- are accepted, encouraged, and even justified.

I do value their existence, though, because they become like the perfect archetype of their respective types. Compare, say INTJ Central with ENTP.org.

Meta's list is completely accurate, but it's not at all unique to the INTJ forums.

INTJ Central is so amazingly interesting to me, though. Maybe because I find Ni so weird. I was just looking at a thread about chaos theory and they were talking about it like it was... well, let me just say this: my INTJ friend in real life is a physicist and transcendental meditator. That weird science + cosmic mysticism thing they have is utterly strange to me, but in a good way.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    OMNi

I found that forum to be addictive for awhile. There was no shortage of people to argue with and they forced me to develop inferior functions. But the downside was that nobody ever changes their mind over there and an INFJ can end up arguing endlessly trying to demonstrate the merit of their point of view. Also, they simply aren't very nice over there and often will make fun of each other's ideas. I became incredibly polarized in my beliefs as a result of my time on that forum and lost tolerance for the libertarian and conservative ideals which are commonly held there. I'd even spend dozens of posts explaining my point of view just to have the person I was explaining it to turn around and start insulting my ideas. It just proved to be a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

As an INTJ, you should be able to come up with some ideas of your own about how to make it better. One person must take initiative for something to be any good; if you're seeing activity, don't complain about it - do something about it. Throw a load of topics out there that you're interested in, and you'll have swayed the discussion in your favour.

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I prefer MBTIc simply because of the diversity of viewpoints. INTJfourm is like being trapped in my own head, there's nothing new, nothing fresh, I might as well have a conversation with myself. I love hearing, for example, an Fe-Ni viewpoint of something I've Ni-Te worn to death.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive