• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Aleph-One

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Nietzsche joked that in heaven all the interesting people are missing. This is INTJ forum in a nutshell. In effect, many of the interesting/controversial INTJs such as myself have been banned by the hyperconservative--add in anti-democratic--admin. Moreover, many of the INTJs on the forum are posers and lack the intellectual prowess they believe comes packaged with the personality, setting aside Monte314 of course.
That's why I don't post there. It's a wankfest for self-important libertarianistas.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It may not be entertaining enough for me to stay there for too long, but I like the new banner they have. "Masterminds, innovators, villains, virgins"... that place could really be great if they didn't ban all the cool people.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I never really found it boring, but I was here first, all my friends kept posting here, and all my favorite posters over there eventually became regulars here. So it just became pointless to go over there.

Ouh, I see... my friends watch soccer :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it is like a library that is relatively quiet and filled with interesting ideas. What others might be calling "boring", I call "quiet".

I'm impressed with the site. For a good ten years or so I have been looking for a place online to discuss ideas and be challenged, and that doesn't have the typical online social distractions. So far that site fits the bill rather well.

I like this site as well, but have to give the INTJs their kudos for the strengths of that site. It is a needed outlet online.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I find it is like a library that is relatively quiet and filled with interesting ideas. What others might be calling "boring", I call "quiet".

I'm impressed with the site. For a good ten years or so I have been looking for a place online to discuss ideas and be challenged, and that doesn't have the typical online social distractions. So far that site fits the bill rather well.

I like this site as well, but have to give the INTJs their kudos for the strengths of that site. It is a needed outlet online.

thats actually true...not a lot of threads get derailed. check out entp.org; any thread that is still on topic by page 3 needs to go in a trophy case

i like how they can go in-depth with most subjects. something i have difficulty with...Ni/Ne difference i guess. to me every sentence, every word represents a new dimension. to them, its all just part of a whole that they will either put their stamp on or burn to the ground

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
thats actually true...not a lot of threads get derailed. check out entp.org; any thread that is still on topic by page 3 needs to go in a trophy case

i like how they can go in-depth with most subjects. something i have difficulty with...Ni/Ne difference i guess. to me every sentence, every word represents a new dimension. to them, its all just part of a whole that they will either put their stamp on or burn to the ground
That makes sense. I find both approaches interesting as long as the content consists of interesting ideas. I'm likely more liberal in my ideas than the norm at the INTJ forum, but overall it makes sense so far in terms of focus and response to ideas.

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ (and INFJ) are fairly rare types. I think that a lot of ISTJs have mis-identified/tested and have infiltrated the ranks and are assimilating the site like a borg virus

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ (and INFJ) are fairly rare types. I think that a lot of ISTJs have mis-identified/tested and have infiltrated the ranks and are assimilating the site like a borg virus
I think that is true. ISTs are probably prevalent online. It is a natural fit for those types as well, and they are quite analytical. Most of these MBTI sites have high representations of Sensor counterparts identifying as iNtuitives in my impression as well and stretches the overall culture in that direction.

I like the INTJforum with the inclusion of the ISTJ "thought police". It is a good way to have ideas challenged and tested against different perspectives. I guess I like hanging out with borg.

Last edited:

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Why have I never answered to this thread? :dry:
Ah, the INTJf. I was registered there, too for a while. But eventually I felt totally out of place; because if you are a balanced (even just partially) INTJ, you will have to die over there. The last time I have been on that forum; I noticed it was the paragon of INTJ-stereotypes. To put it VERY simple: if you even just say "Hi" a bit too friendly over there, you will be immediately labeled *INFJ* or something like that. :D

Plus, somehow I get the feeling that our INTJ friend here on the forum (was it Eco?) is right with his signature when he says: "Hell is other INTJs". One INTJ is fine; two are also okay; three maybe; four or five...but when there is too many; there's gonna be freakin' war. At least those are my personal experiences. That forum IS war. Good thing there are also a FEW other types on there. Hehe.

Also, I don't really like their close-mindedness. That forum felt like a freakin' Marine Camp sometimes. :dry: :D

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Halp I signed up on INTJf!

Last edited by a moderator:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Plus, somehow I get the feeling that our INTJ friend here on the forum (was it Eco?) is right with his signature when he says: "Hell is other INTJs".

It is me, and I am a she. :)

As for INTJforum, IMO introverted perception (in this case Ni) backed up by Te can't really stand alone socially. I think INTJs do have our social niche on an internet forum in the form of dry commentary (thanks for the laudatory comments on this post, folks, I had almost forgotten how popular snarkiness can be!), but this niche role is reactive and hence requires the presence of other types. It seems to me that the backbone types who actually keep a lively discussion going instead use extroverted perception (Ne) and/or Ti/Fe (which explains why NTPs are so popular on internet forums (of all places :alttongue:)). The latter combination plays so much better than Fi/Te due to the lucid objectivity of Ti vs. the passionate subjectivity of Fi as well as the useful Fe feel for the audience vs. the misplaced Te organizational drive that Tallulah pointed out here to my lol:

Have the INTJs turned the picture thread into an accounting thread? :huh:

Incidentally, this post was effectively followed up by EffEmDoubleyou in a display of the INTJ dryness mentioned above:

Back in line, #54976-A.

Much better. :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The worst thing about INTJf was all the Fi floating around. It was tolerable at first, but when several NFP refugees from INFPgc came in that one time... well, it got a little out of hand. I think myself and a few NTPs got dismissed as "shallow social engineers" or something.

I hear it cleared up, but I don't really feel like going back to investigate at this point, knowing how likely the forum culture over there is to fall into Fi that I can't keep up with. I could fake Te well enough for a casual conversation, but my lack of Fi is what makes them look down on me in the end. :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it's any consolation, they probably feel the same about Fe sometimes, hence their strong reaction :)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Halp I signed up on INTJf!

Wouldn't it be so cool if we followed Costrin into the darkness? I don't want to be unoriginal, but I love the idea :D. I bet I'll get kicked out before costrin... If I can be bothered signing up in the first place...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I put the sexy in "INTJCentral" ... no wait that didnt work :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wouldn't it be so cool if we followed Costrin into the darkness? I don't want to be unoriginal, but I love the idea :D. I bet I'll get kicked out before costrin... If I can be bothered signing up in the first place...

If the aim is trolling, please don’t. I like it there and find trolling lame :)

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
As for INTJforum, IMO introverted perception (in this case Ni) backed up by Te can't really stand alone socially. I think INTJs do have our social niche on an internet forum in the form of dry commentary (thanks for the laudatory comments on this post, folks, I had almost forgotten how popular snarkiness can be!), but this niche role is reactive and hence requires the presence of other types.
There are actually a lot of other types on INTJf. I've never really noticed what you are talking about since the format of the forum is not intended to be social the way this one is. INTJf is designed to be a discussion forum and if that structure turns off people who are only looking to socialize then it works as intended. What would be the point if all forums were the same? There's plenty of room online for different formats.