• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Only an INTJ would start a 43 page thread on why a forum devoted to their MBTI type is so boring. Ok, maybe an INTP would too.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They seem to have backed off on a lot of their moderation. Not completely of course. I see one line posts that don't get deleted. Apparently it's possible to post with more than 6 images now ... or they don't count emoji as images any more. But I believe the link restrictions are still enforced.

But yeah, I can't believe an INTJ would want to micromanage everything that much. INTJs care about the vision, that principles are followed, but not the specifics.

As for "a lot of the moderators weren't INTJ" ... um YEAH ... it isn't obvious? Lots of technically-oriented INFJs that self-type as INTJs, lots of INTPs who might be type 1s which hides their "P" side. Lots of super-nitpicky nitpickiness.

There are also a bunch of ISTPs self-typed as INTJs there, though I don't know of any who are mods. Just a lot of members that if you engage in a discussion with them, you'll see them take abstract analogies and metaphors remarkably literally, using them as axioms/theorems instead of as the limited-use communication tools that they are.

And finally a bunch of INTJ kids who take life way too seriously.

Wait. We arent allowed to do one lines? I'm always doin that shit. What type of rule is that?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I do like some members there such as Monte. No offense but I think the forums is boring though.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am still waiting for a response as to why some people think there are a lot of INFJs over there? :) :) :)

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why do many INTJ's trash INTJ's? Do you think it's going to make you more popular if you bash your own type?
I don't think the INTJ forum is particularly boring.

My main beef with INTJ's is that often like to brutally bash my ideas even though they are wrong and they don't know what they're talking about. The 2nd thing I don't like is when INTJ's are politically correct. According to the type descriptions, we're not supposed to care about political correctness. We're supposed to care only about the objective truth even when it's controversial or unpopular. I think other INTJ's betray their own type when they say things to be politically correct or to be liked.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do many INTJ's trash INTJ's? Do you think it's going to make you more popular if you bash your own type?
I don't think the INTJ forum is particularly boring.

My main beef with INTJ's is that often like to brutally bash my ideas even though they are wrong and they don't know what they're talking about. The 2nd thing I don't like is when INTJ's are politically correct. According to the type descriptions, we're not supposed to care about political correctness. We're supposed to care only about the objective truth even when it's controversial or unpopular. I think other INTJ's betray their own type when they say things to be politically correct or to be liked.
Well, first of all, the type descriptions aren't about what we are supposed to do, they are about what we really do. Or more accurately, how we approach life, handle information, and make decisions. If our reality doesn't match up with one or another description, either the description isn't written very well, or perhaps we aren't that type.

In any case, from what I have seen, INTJs will trash anyone, or at least anyone's opinions. We're equal opportunity in that regard.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think forums like these are boring in general to be honest. Except DataLounge, now there's a forum! But INTJForum is very efficient and has a serious air to it, perhaps because of the people the forum caters to. I don't mind it. I find it pretty serene.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
Where did you get the idea an INTJ is a loyal-to-the-pack, circle-jerking fool?

I always thought INTJ's should be a powerful brotherhood and that we should help each other get more money, power, success, and hot bitches.

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know what OP's idea of boring is.
Maybe some people prefer to be around highly extroverted, laughing, joking people who entertain you like dancing monkeys. I never liked that. I always found such people to be irritating and disturbing. I also feel very out of place amongst them. I always found things like science, computers, art, history, machines, building things, and other intellectual topics to be interesting. I don't find the INTJ forum to be boring. I get pretty sick of Youtube being dominated by idiots and clowns. There has to be at least one highly intellectual place on the internet.

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well for me, I found that forum boring because too many people there think similarly to me. I prefer being around people who see things differently than I do.

I also found it way too uptight. I saw people getting banned for the most innocuous of things. It didn't help that the place seemed like one big circle jerk at times.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Confession: this is one of my favorite thread titles to secretly laugh at.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well for me, I found that forum boring because too many people there think similarly to me. I prefer being around people who see things differently than I do.

I also found it way too uptight. I saw people getting banned for the most innocuous of things. It didn't help that the place seemed like one big circle jerk at times.
My preferences as well. Every now and then I peruse a thread there as a guest, but much prefer the diversity of a site such as this.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I do like some members there such as Monte. No offense but I think the forums is boring though.

Who doesn't like Monte314 when you see this:

Chief Scientist; Adjunct Full Professor of Computer Science; six times Who's Who in the World; national, state Advisory Panels; author of two books, many papers; Jedi Math Dog

INTJ Forum - View Profile: Monte314

And it is laughable if people think Monte is an INFJ.