• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or it could be that given the fact their cognitive processes are so similar, there is not enough of a variety for a strong disagreement.

Usehername

On a mission
Or it could be that given the fact their cognitive processes are so similar, there is not enough of a variety for a strong disagreement.

But the CPs are just that--processes. Life experience and personal uniqueness would mean they can be vastly different. It just means they'll chug through the info in the same manner. It doesn't have anything to do with values/etc.

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ forum is better than here, you make a post here and someone may make a post back an hour later, or even worse. At the INTJ forum at least you get quick responses, and I honestly don't see how it's so much less interesting than here. If you don't like the threads, create a new interesting one.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INTJ forum is better than here, you make a post here and someone may make a post back an hour later, or even worse. At the INTJ forum at least you get quick responses, and I honestly don't see how it's so much less interesting than here. If you don't like the threads, create a new interesting one.

Just because you get more immediate responses doesn't say anything for the quality of those posts -- and just because a thread has an interesting premise doesn't mean that it's going to have interesting responses.

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
Just because you get more immediate responses doesn't say anything for the quality of those posts -- and just because a thread has an interesting premise doesn't mean that it's going to have interesting responses.

What leads you to believe that there are more quality posts here as opposed to the INTJ forum? I think this forum would be much better if people posted more often, I really don't notice the quality difference either. There are some better sections here than there are at the INTJ, but again they are so slow.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Or... maybe I'm just trying to rationalize my disappointment with that forum...

Yes, I think that's where you're going.

The INTJ's on the forum, while they are the same personality type, do have very diverse views, and do get into a lot of arguments. But the agreement and "ego-stroking" (not sure what you are referring to) are probably just the result of the INTJ's appreciating that the other INTJ's are thinking in the same way. In the debates I have had on the forum, I have of course had major disagreements in terms of fundamental stances, but I have usual seen that the other INTJ has thought something through rationally, and is actively thinking about my arguments, presenting well-conceived responses. That results in a large number of "respectful disagreements," relatively untainted by emotional reactions.

What causes your "disappointment" with the forum? Do you think it's much better here? I don't see much a difference, except that INTJ Forum has a faster server and a bit more traffic.

I guess I feel pretty at home there. It is something of a "comfort zone," where the people tend to think the way I do, avoiding absolutely foreign opinions. They have good insights, presented in ways that make sense to me, and I find the selection of threads suits me quite well.
I think of MBTI Central as the "lab," or something like that. I come here to get fresh opinions, and see what the other types think. It is a bit less inviting (though perhaps that is just because I am not very used to it), but it is also a nice change of pace if I am especially curious about the perspective of another type.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I guess I feel pretty at home there. It is something of a "comfort zone," where the people tend to think the way I do, avoiding absolutely foreign opinions. They have good insights, presented in ways that make sense to me, and I find the selection of threads suits me quite well.
I think of MBTI Central as the "lab," or something like that. I come here to get fresh opinions, and see what the other types think. It is a bit less inviting (though perhaps that is just because I am not very used to it), but it is also a nice change of pace if I am especially curious about the perspective of another type.

This is what doesn't quite sit right with me. INTJ defines a process of thought rather than what people think. The fact that it avoids 'absolutely foreign opinions' just doesn't seem right for INTJs.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
There seems to be a slight undertone of fear of disagreement. I get the feeling that no one wants to disagree, or come on too radical in fear of being called out as "not an INTJ". I find that I get the most sincere opinions on issues at MBTIc. On INTJf the members seem to filter all of their opinions on "What the stereotypical INTJ should say". I have little interest into the facade of "INTJness" conformity that goes on there.

TheLastMohican

MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is what doesn't quite sit right with me. INTJ defines a process of thought rather than what people think. The fact that it avoids 'absolutely foreign opinions' just doesn't seem right for INTJs.

My wording there is easily taken out of context. I am referring to "opinions" that consist of the thought process, such as an insistence on lots of socialization, or a high level of emotion pumped into debates. The "absolutely foreign" things are those things that are directly caused by thought processes that are drastically different from those of an INTJ.

Motor Jax

MBTI Type
INFJ
i actually get along pretty well with INTJ's (but i'm INFJ, so very compatible especially on tech issues, my fave)

i actually know an INTJ in person, and him and i are always talking about one tech issue or another... or i'm trying to talk neuropsychology to him...

anyways, we get along great and i also like the intjforum because of it

so thought provoking

you know, i was on a forum started for intros, but it has degressed into nothing but a constant flying flamewar complete with the schoolyard bullies who insult in pacts... none of the thought provoking questions of intj, but just insults and crap...

like "so-and-so is an @sshole so here's a thread about him/her"

ah, screw that mess

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
I actually like the site for the following reasons:

[] one place where, I can observe so many INTJs at once (for my own study)

[] they are the only mbti forum that tends to have a conservative stance politically. Even though I'm more left, I enjoy being outnumbered, and disagreed with - as it's more dynamic and challenging for me

[] they tend to have less fluff per thread

[] I'm one of the rare people, that like the longer, more well thought out posts (even if I don't agree with the content).

I dislike it for the following reasons:

[] Mods are FAR too delete happy. Deleting any threads or posts they deem superfluous, many which I don't agree with. It makes the threads less dynamic and much is loss re: what people actually think (instead of the mod white-washed version). I have a suspicion the mods don't want the public to see how juvenile and idiotic some of their less intelligent members are..... which would reflect on INTJs as a whole.

[] Most individual INTJs there, never change their mind on anything (no matter how much logic or evidence you give to the contrary). The INTJs here seem more mature for some reason. Maybe because the ones that would hang here, are less likely to be arrogant and think their type is the smartest or best (which is not very well concealed, by the majority of folks there).

[] Their mbti analysis is weak and simplistic. I think MBTIc is the best site for analyzing MBTI. Mainly because people here do a better job of incorporating real life experiences; rather than paraphrasing stereotypes in the literature constantly.

Last edited:

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I just recently found it, so I think it's kind of neat. Everyone has their quirks, so I don't tend to hold grudges over the "holier/smarter than thou" deal many have. I'm not really interested or care if people think of me as a "true INTJ". We are who we are. :D

Fishfighter

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been on the INTJ forum, registered there, very inactive... basically I never "clicked" and never really enjoyed it.

They can be a bit... critical. :huh:

But it's nothing personal. :D

Big Grizzle

MBTI Type
INTJ
The INTJ forum is pretty bland. It seems to me to be pretty devoid of humour and a large majority of posters are constantly trying to competitively out-INTJ each other.

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her.

Probably. Have you seen the avatar rules? They're rediculous - must be so many pixels EXACTLY (I think it's like 115x145), no text, no border, no animation, etc. Thanks for killing the creativity. You can have your avatar taken down for being "low quality", which is really just a polite way of saying "I hate it so it's going". The site would rather have everybody to pick from cookie cutter images that seem to fit most, but are bland at best.

Fishfighter

MBTI Type
INTP
The INTJ forum is pretty bland. It seems to me to be pretty devoid of humour and a large majority of posters are constantly trying to competitively out-INTJ each other.

Took the words right out of my mouth there Grizzle (well, off my keyboard... whatever). ;)

Some of them really seem to believe that INTJs are a cut above everyone else. That certainly isn't an attitude held all of the forum members, but a few of them, yes. When I got a good friend of mine to take the MBTI test, she scored ESFJ... my exact opposite! She really likes my "head in the clouds" way of thinking and she's a lot of fun to be around, very talkative and bubbly, and she says that I'm "a total retard" (but she means it nicely). :)

Much more fun than a forum full of people who do nothing but try to out-INTJ each other, as Grizzle pointed out. They also tend to take philosophy very seriously. :soapbox:

P.S. in response to this:

Because you are actually an INTP. :)

I guess that's why! :p

Big Grizzle

MBTI Type
INTJ
LOL...I could be a little INTP I suppose. Some of that type description does ring true with me, but so does the INFJ type description. We are all far more complicated than the results of a simple MBTI test.

I think my main issue with the overall vibe of that forum is that a lot of posters appear, at least from what they post, that they are not even attempting to explore other ways of thinking. They seem to be taking the INTJ type description and MBTI as the absolute truth rather than an interesting concept of how one can further develop oneself.

One poster actually posted that INTJs are the future of the human race and that the other types are lesser beings. How ridiculous is that logic? If we all thought the same way it would get pretty boring very quickly.

Last edited:

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
One poster actually posted that INTJs are the future of the human race and that the other types are lesser beings. How ridiculous is that logic? If we all thought the same way it would get pretty boring very quickly.

I often joke about that...:party2:

Councilor

MBTI Type
ISTP
I visited INTJ Forum for roughly one weekend, spending the entirety of running through their entire archive. I did notice a few things that stuck out.

The posters are very consistent in their manner. The administrator has two sides, one of the rest of the members, and one of evil overlord. There is no humor. There is sarcasm. The avatar rules bothered me. Sarcasm was brought upon my username of choice. Older posts in the archive are insightful. Newer posts are boring.

I left once the weekend was done.