• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, look at those ISTJs on their borg cube voyage across the net, assimilating all kinds of detritus and losers looking for confirmation bias and frippery in the pseudo science of the Myers-Briggs "Types" Index.
See them, scrabbling over each other to be the biggest archetypal douchebag, with nothing more for intuition than a fucking rule book and extensive FAQ, like some sort of quim deprived actuaries of the logical conclusion, for which, attempts to skew the derivation thereof, must be PUNISHED! ...SCHWEINHUUUND! ...EX-TER-MINATE! ...EX-TER-MINATE!

pish.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Sooo, I'm assuming that you're against?...I'm usually good with sarcasm, it being my favorite humor outlet, but...dang...I'm not sure. :D

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Let's put it this way: If someone offered the choice of spending an hour with a group of internet based ISTJs on an INTJ named forum, or inserting a digit, fully into my anus and then sniffing it, I would have to deliberate.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Let's put it this way: If someone offered the choice of spending an hour with a group of internet based ISTJs on an INTJ named forum, or inserting a digit, fully into my anus and then sniffing it, I would have to deliberate.

That's kinda what I thought, I just wanted to tease a little 'cause you felt pretty strongly about it. ;)

sunako

They blocked me for taking multiple accounts and now I am automatically detected if I try to register again. Wtf, do they really spend time with that stuff? I mean tracking down your server so you don't break petty rules? Boring guys. Interesting experiment though.

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
They blocked me for taking multiple accounts and now I am automatically detected if I try to register again. Wtf, do they really spend time with that stuff? I mean tracking down your server so you don't break petty rules? Boring guys. Interesting experiment though.

You can circumvent it by using either a cell phone browser only (never use that account on your home PC, or if your cell phone is connected to home wifi)
or you can try a neighbor's wireless, only accessing the site with its own browser, though the IP will likely be of the same ISP and town, which could be a clue if you aren't in a metropolis.
...or you can use a proxy/anonymizer, again with a different browser (or with fresh cookies) though that too can be a giveaway if it is too evasive.

sunako

They stop you authomatically if you use a proxy. And they recognize you if you use any browser you already have used for the old account. Yes they are organized.

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
They stop you authomatically if you use a proxy. And they recognize you if you use any browser you already have used for the old account. Yes they are organized.

No, it's just a database entry, every post is IP logged. Use a fresh browser install on a mobile device (connected to the cell network, not wireless) and you could be anyone on that same network.

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's a place where tangential discussion goes to die.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
Others feelings are not the primary objects of concern of INTJ's.
They don't care about making feel good others as they care about themselves

Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.

Limey

MBTI Type
INTJ

Well, for one thing, the extensive rule set and enforcement of those rules is a dead giveaway. It has only succeeded in creating a hive mind, of those willing to be taken by the borg cube.
I think that it's an extension of the founder, who never really had much of a personality to begin with, before she began this assimilation process.
It's like having an internet gulag sometimes, when they've come over to INTPc it has a distinct WestSide story dance fight vibe to it, there's no fight in them.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, for one thing, the extensive rule set and enforcement of those rules is a dead giveaway. It has only succeeded in creating a hive mind, of those willing to be taken by the borg cube.
I think that it's an extension of the founder, who never really had much of a personality to begin with, before she began this assimilation process.
It's like having an internet gulag sometimes, when they've come over to INTPc it has a distinct WestSide story dance fight vibe to it, there's no fight in them.

I think the most senior co-administrator is an INTP. He is very much a part of the rule enforcement. I have noticed today, also, that the 'vibe' of the NT subforum here is impressionistically similar to that of INTJf (the usual dorky self-obsession) yet very different from the modest agreeableness of those in the SJ guardhouse.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
To be fair, you seem to be one of the more interesting INTJs- and to be fair, most INTJs seem to be rather boring...so your findings seem to make sense.

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At heart they're all wannabe Bond villains. And they know it.

Do they know how Bond villains generally die? It's rarely a quick or painless death.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Wait, I thought the Borg Cube was an ideal we should all strive for. Everything I believe in is a lie!