• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
In favour of INTJForum is that at least you could have a complementary discussion.

The problem I come across over and over is generally with INTPs. Not sure why so many of them are a problem. I seriously believe that many are actually ISTPs just as many INTJ are more ISTJs in their thinking. INTJs don't argue with ISTJs, but an ISTP is a million light years away from an INTJ and when they think they're INTPs then they think they are on par. Which they are not, hence the propensity to pick on trivia (anything to get some sort of "win").

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I logged on once, looked at the forum rules, and thought it felt like a jail. So I left and never returned.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
The problem I come across over and over is generally with INTPs. Not sure why so many of them are a problem. I seriously believe that many are actually ISTPs just as many INTJ are more ISTJs in their thinking. INTJs don't argue with ISTJs, but an ISTP is a million light years away from an INTJ and when they think they're INTPs then they think they are on par. Which they are not, hence the propensity to pick on trivia (anything to get some sort of "win").

Why would an ISTP not be "on par" with an INTJ? :huh:

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Why would an ISTP not be "on par" with an INTJ? :huh:

In thought trait orientation they aren't.

Even INTJs who are low on N or T are quite different.

The less thinking and Intuitive a person is, the easier it is to argue with them.

(Although high NFs seem to be very thinking).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In favour of INTJForum is that at least you could have a complementary discussion.

Hey, what? INTJs are very similar to ISTPs in a lot of ways, although different in some important areas. Certainly our argument styles can be similar. And I'm not sure what you mean by "on par" so I'm refraining from judging you until you clarify.

edit: actually I've considered joining the forum, because I get along so well with INTJs in RL. Never really got around to it though...

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
In thought trait orientation they aren't.

Even INTJs who are low on N or T are quite different.

The less thinking and Intuitive a person is, the easier it is to argue with them.

(Although high NFs seem to be very thinking).

ISTP's dominant function is Ti. Are you suggesting that Sensing is inferior to Intution when it comes arguing? :huh:

I also think it is dangerous to judge people strictly by their type. (Although I do it a lot when I want to be a dick. ;)) Individual differences such as intelligence, maturity, experience, and personality development play a far greater role in a person's ability to discuss things than simply their personality type. One of the main problem's with INTJcentral is that the vast majority of their members are males in their late teens or early twenties of varying degrees of intelligence and maturity. You have a much wider variety of age groups and experiences on a forum like this one.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
High N or high F?

Dunno, probably more the N. As it would seem that really intuitive people don't rule things out of hand outright. Generally they will seek more information and suggest alternatives.

Hence, less arguments over trivia.

Yes, ok folks.

How you get along with people is far more than type. Although types have "some" correlation with compatibility.

I would also like to say that I don't actually believe all the Ne and Ni etc etc opposites. I have yet to see a proper division, or I must simply be both esp on the Te and Ti. I personally think that about 16 different types is about as detailed as you can go before it gets too blurred. Even with 16 types there's a high error factor.

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.

In my opinion...

Firstly, its the moderator, or dare I say the camp commander. Who tends the electrified barbed wire.

She isn't an INTJ as far as I could tell. :violin:

When I breached "bail conditions" I was warned about promoting my own site. I'm a naughty boy. :devil:

Which then leads to anyone that has any flexibility, to thinking WTF! why should I post and contribute and build that site. She can FRO :yes: and I told her so. I got banned but my content kept. Shot at dawn.

Hence, we end up with quite J types that can stand the regimentation... or enjoy the dominatrix approach. :steam:

..... Oh.. I enjoy sarcasm far too much...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Yes, ok folks.

How you get along with people is far more than type. Although types have "some" correlation with compatibility.

I would also like to say that I don't actually believe all the Ne and Ni etc etc opposites. I have yet to see a proper division, or I must simply be both esp on the Te and Ti. I personally think that about 16 different types is about as detailed as you can go before it gets too blurred. Even with 16 types there's a high error factor.

Cognitive processes theory only has the 16 personality types, but it takes into account the varying strengths of other functions. The original theory suggests that sensors have no intuition or feelers are incapable of thinking, and that does far more to blur the reality of personality. If you consider that all 16 personality types has the same 8 functions, but in varying degrees of preference and usage, then you get a much more realistic perception of personality than simple dichotomies. It doesn't sit well with people who want to judge others as inferior to their type, but it makes much more sense and actually decreases the error resulting from dismissing individual differences.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Speaking of a forum, I would personally love to see an inFj forum. Wow. Wow.

I would lurk.

:peepwall:
(like this)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Speaking of a forum, I would personally love to see an inFj forum. Wow. Wow.

I would lurk.

:peepwall:
(like this)

That would be scary. :shock:

INFJs can be completely unrecognizable to each other. Such a forum would certainly have a great deal of variety.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
Cognitive processes theory only has the 16 personality types, but it takes into account the varying strengths of other functions. The original theory suggests that sensors have no intuition or feelers are incapable of thinking, and that does far more to blur the reality of personality. If you consider that all 16 personality types has the same 8 functions, but in varying degrees of preference and usage, then you get a much more realistic perception of personality than simple dichotomies. It doesn't sit well with people who want to judge others as inferior to their type, but it makes much more sense and actually decreases the error resulting from dismissing individual differences.

I'll have to look more closely at this one. Simply because there are 8 which are used in active and passive tense. Which to me does nothing more than MBTI other than rehash the same info, but in a way that is even more blurred. People are people irrespective of the test. Only more questions can see the variability in traits, or overlaying a different test like the ennegram.

As before this Ti Te etc is actually more problematic than MBTI straight out.

Simply stated, I can use all the traits shown which proves nothing. I guess you can prove something if the person does not use a specific trait ever. What about the frequency of oscillation or the amplitude, all things that cannot be shown.

As an example.

extraverted Thinking (Te) (passive) Follow steps, points and time tables.

(active) Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

introverted Thinking (Ti) (passive) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles.

(active) Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.

Errr... I do all of the above to different degrees (amplitude) on different occassions depending on the analysis I must do. Do I have a preference? Or good use? Or active use? Errr... I use them all and all to a high degree as required.

Ability to me is more like the thinking in a distributed way of processing. Like to do analytical creativity in parallel. i.e. both hemispheres... the dual core thinking mode. White matter, Grey matter, Left and right all sparking together.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.

Interesting point. I identify with very few people on INTJ forum, but I identify with many INTJs on this forum (of which, a far greater majority appear to be 8's).

I suspect that, for the most part, many of the INTJs on INTJ forum are making up for real life...and acting in a manner more congruent with how they wish to be percieved, rather than how they actually are...which results in all the one-up manship and personal attacks.

INTJforum - The only place in the world where being a social retard makes you cool.

With that said, I find some of the threads very interesting, but it is usually on topics that I had no knowledge of. Otherwise, it just seems like something I would have come up with, repeated by 100 other people.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I'll have to look more closely at this one. Simply because there are 8 which are used in active and passive tense. Which to me does nothing more than MBTI other than rehash the same info, but in a way that is even more blurred. People are people irrespective of the test. Only more questions can see the variability in traits, or overlaying a different test like the ennegram.

As before this Ti Te etc is actually more problematic than MBTI straight out.

Simply stated, I can use all the traits shown which proves nothing. I guess you can prove something if the person does not use a specific trait ever. What about the frequency of oscillation or the amplitude, all things that cannot be shown.

As an example.

extraverted Thinking (Te) (passive) Follow steps, points and time tables.

(active) Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

introverted Thinking (Ti) (passive) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles.

(active) Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.

Errr... I do all of the above to different degrees (amplitude) on different occassions depending on the analysis I must do. Do I have a preference? Or good use? Or active use? Errr... I use them all and all to a high degree as required.

Ability to me is more like the thinking in a distributed way of processing. Like to do analytical creativity in parallel. i.e. both hemispheres... the dual core thinking mode. White matter, Grey matter, Left and right all sparking together.

The point is every individual does use all the functions to a degree and personality measurements attempt to determine to what degree people utilize each of the 8 functions. I don't think it is possible for a person to never utilize any one of the 8 functions. It's certainly helped me understand the variety within my own personality type. I have high Fi which I believe tends to make me more argumentative than the average INFJ, and it can at times even overshadow my Fe.

But it seems the core of your argument is that you believe it "blurs" the distinction of the types. I don't think that is a bad thing because in reality there aren't clear distinctions between the personality types. It comes down to strength of preference and patterns of usage.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
^ kiddo has a point. I'm beginning to find a preference for the cognitive functions rather than just mbti type alone. the strengths/weaknesses of the 8 functions tell you more than just the binary mbti type.

eg, for myself, my 3rd and 4th functions are weak, but my 5th to 8th functions are strong (Ni, Fi etc). Which is why, even as an intp, i appear 'soft' and 'un-intp-like'. Believe Magic, as an intp, is in the same situation as me; altho we've different enneagram results tho.

Usehername

On a mission
^ kiddo has a point. I'm beginning to find a preference for the cognitive functions rather than just mbti type alone. the strengths/weaknesses of the 8 functions tell you more than just the binary mbti type.

eg, for myself, my 3rd and 4th functions are weak, but my 5th to 8th functions are strong (Ni, Fi etc). Which is why, even as an intp, i appear 'soft' and 'un-intp-like'. Believe Magic, as an intp, is in the same situation as me; altho we've different enneagram results tho.

Yeah, me too. I have high Ne for an INTJ... (comes from living with an ENFP as a dad and my only iNtuitive source of stimulation until junior high). I still don't really understand Ti and I don't remember it standing out on the cp online test, but my Fe skills are pretty rad (these were (and still are), however, drilled into me by my ISFJ mom, as well as consciously developed once I was old enough to realize the value in non-mom-style Feing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp