• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Owfin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I post there, and overall I like having the dissenting voices that make me think after I post. I see some individual probable ISTJs, but overall I don't get an ISTJ vibe.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ Forum is one of my favourites, and I am not an INTJ.

I dislike going on forums catering specifically to my type (INTP) because it feels like a circle jerk. I have no desire to vent my INTP-specific problems with other INTPs online and I don't feel the need to re-state x and y about myself in order to feel some sort of relation. When I am on the INTJ Forum, I can provide more insight, usually because many of their topics revolve around the INTP. It seems more beneficial that I help inform others about my type instead of going on and on about things I already know/everyone else already knows on the INTP forum.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess I have to take back that last post. I was banned from INTJf a few days ago with no warning. I registered when I was underage, and I forgot that they had the policy because I had not been there in about a year. I understand that I shouldn't have signed up then, but I did not appreciate the fact that the ban was permanent; something I find to be very unfair. There is also no way at all to contact a mod once you are banned (stupid, IMHO) and they do have a policy against duplicate accounts, but what am I supposed to do if I want to inquire as to why I was so harshly banned, or any other explanation? So I made one more account, apologizing for even doing so and also making the point that one cannot contact mods without having an account...well, I was banned again, permanently. I was polite about the whole thing and asked kindly as to an explanation why I was permabanned the first time and I did not even get a response. You would think they'd at least try to be civil with a member who has been there for years.

Ridiculous.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't logged onto my account in quite some time. But I got along with most of the members there, and while the forum was kinda boring, I didn't get the feeling that many members were stuck-up snobs.

Which is also what made the forum boring. The stuck-up snobs are so much more fun to make fun of.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess I have to take back that last post. I was banned from INTJf a few days ago with no warning. I registered when I was underage, and I forgot that they had the policy because I had not been there in about a year. I understand that I shouldn't have signed up then, but I did not appreciate the fact that the ban was permanent; something I find to be very unfair. There is also no way at all to contact a mod once you are banned (stupid, IMHO) and they do have a policy against duplicate accounts, but what am I supposed to do if I want to inquire as to why I was so harshly banned, or any other explanation? So I made one more account, apologizing for even doing so and also making the point that one cannot contact mods without having an account...well, I was banned again, permanently. I was polite about the whole thing and asked kindly as to an explanation why I was permabanned the first time and I did not even get a response. You would think they'd at least try to be civil with a member who has been there for years.

Ridiculous.

We INTPs forgive your treasonous ways.

Sigil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

I dislike going on forums catering specifically to my type (INTP) because it feels like a circle jerk. I have no desire to vent my INTP-specific problems with other INTPs online and I don't feel the need to re-state x and y about myself in order to feel some sort of relation. When I am on the INTJ Forum, I can provide more insight, usually because many of their topics revolve around the INTP. It seems more beneficial that I help inform others about my type instead of going on and on about things I already know/everyone else already knows on the INTP forum.

That's the main reason I left INTJforum since everything I wanted to say had already been said ten times.

pickledoctopus

MBTI Type
InTj
Meh. I'm not a forum junkie, but I do appreciate INTPc and INTJf. I don't take it too much to heart, honestly. There are some interesting discussions, but most of the time it goes a bit like this:

"What do you think of the colour red?"

"It's cool."

"I hate it, it's too S for my tastes."

"[LAME PERIOD JOKE]"

"[WALL OF TEXT ABOUT HOW THE COLOUR RED LINKS TO MBTI TYPE"

And no post quotes through all of that, just everyone stating their opinion and collecting data.

Not that there's anything wrong and/or not fun about collecting data :D

Thinkist

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's remarkable how many posts some ISTPs have there. I'm not one of them, being new there. I have noted there that I'm not going to be frequently posting. Personally I appreciate the diversity that this forum has to offer.

At least they're kind enough to have an introductions forum. infjs.com doesn't have a visible introductions forum.

paradanmellow

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w5
lol they got into that boring uptight unwelcoming slump because they banned the fun relaxed challenging people (including me, yay) so it's deserved
to make an analogy, it's a system that has turned against itself like an autoimune disease for lack of varied gene pool

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like the way the forum is moderated.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here, here!

Plus I also agree that all the cool people were in fact kicked out for literally no reason.

Did I mention how happy I am to find this site!? :D

It might be inappropriate for me to say but I found myself getting really mad about how my posts were moderated. They would delete my posts for little to no reason, merge my threads with no explanation. They deleted a visitor message I'd posted for someone asking about TypologyCentral ("link dropping"). They are very risk averse. Short posts - one liners are deemed to have no substance and looked down upon. It's like you are supposed to write a paragraph providing a lot of words when it's unnecessary. It amazes me that a person who is an INTJ would put up with the constraints and overly controlling style. Perhaps it is just a reaction that I have, which is unique to me, that doesn't bother others as much. Maybe it's projection on my part in combination with the enneagram 6 or something.

W

WhoCares

Its boring for me because the whole forum is full of these types of threads.

My intellect eclipses everyone elses intellect.
Bitter men who can't get a girlfriend, and its all 'her' fault.
Look at how logical I am...no you're not and here's the flaw in your thinking.

Everything there is just a variation on those themes. I cant stand the constant ego stroking and dick measuring that goes on over there. Its a good thing INTJs are not common, they are not well liked for very good reasons.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tried signing up over there when I was super interested in ENFP-INTJ relationships. My computer overheated halfway through sign-up, and shut down, but when I tried logging in with the initial information, I wasn't given entry. Then, when I tried signing up under a different name, I got an error saying I already had an account, and that both accounts were suspended. I messaged the authority I was told to message and did not receive an answer. I messaged again and did not receive an answer.

So I'm kind of done with INTJf, before I even got started. :shrug:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Its a good thing INTJs are not common, they are not well liked for very good reasons.

:laugh:

Do u really think INTJs are unpopular?

Ridiculous.

:laugh: so hard

I was gonna say its boring because the most entertaining shit stirring INTJs are all here of course! Whether by choice or banning I dunno :shrug: but here all the same.

Party on! :rock:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Any forum where there is a risk of centralised perspectives is going to be boring.*

Although there are tons of other reasons which have been identified here :D.

*I dont necessarily mean that being INTJ means they will have the same perspectives....how ludicrous, but if many of the same type, (or allegedly the same type), gather, then they end up creating a series of warped archetypes of what constitutes a type and therefore many of them end up trying to fit into this archetype, whether they are aware of it or not.

amazingdatagirl

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
I used to enjoy posting to the MBTI subforum at INTJf but that area has been taken over by a couple of individuals who are determined to impose their own narrow interpretations on the subject. Seems like the most knowledgeable participants have managed to get themselves banned.