• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Put it this way: nearly any viewpoint is tolerated. Putting things in the wrong forum, anything which can be interpreted as trolling, etc. will not be tolerated. It's just a different set of standards then other forums have. Somebody said it's "ISTJ-like." It's just very much Te. Many other forums, such as this one, use more Fe-oriented rules, rather than the strict but fair, explicit rules of the INTJForum. I've never seen anything like what happened to InvisibleJim before. That's why I think if he complains about it to administration, which is normally very fair, he might get a resolution. A lot of the people who complain about the forum are people who were knowingly in violation of the rules, and expect to get out of it because they "didn't mean to cause any trouble." I think it's more a conflict of personality type and methodology, rather than any actual unfairness or bias on the part of forum management. (barring this one obvious exception)

So what you meant was "nearly anything is tolerated... within very precisely defined parameters".

Exsuscito

I think INTJ forum is boring because INTJ forum is dominated by INTJ personalities.

Surprising isn't it.

Personally I reserve my wilder side for those who have taken the time to earn my trust. I do not indiscriminately fulfill anyone's need for entertainment, and if pushed I am quite happy to show them to the door. Additionally INTJ-types are biological computers, very patient, methodical, and analytical.

The people on INTJ forum may in reality lead very different lives. If you think INTJ forum is boring you may have the wrong expectations.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
INTJForum might be boring, but not as boring as INTPCentral....

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
INTJForum might be boring, but not as boring as INTPCentral....

vo55071,1263985564,second%20scruffy%202.jpg

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Go to Google and start typing in "INTJ forum" and see what autocomplete comes up with as the next choice.

uncommonentity

I've never been there. Purely because I'm fully aware of the dynamics of an INTJ-INTJ relationship and don't quite trust everyone on an INTJ only forum to actually be an INTJ. I can't really relate to those hardcore INTJs hell bent on trying to force the fact that they're smart upon others. We're primarily deemed as boring, arrogant cunts due to the majority who want to headbutt each other on the internet. It's said that Stephen Hawking is an INTJ. Could you just for a second imagine 100 Stephen Hawkings in the same god damn room? It'd just be an orgy of robot voices trying to tell each other that their universal theories were more logical than the others. Truth is, we know how to have our fun outside of constantly debating the properties of mankind. We know when it's time to just give it a rest crack open a beer and have a jolly good time. However, you'll find some of us prefer to stand in the bathroom with clones of ourselves measuring dicks all day. I can't relate. There's a time and a place for everything. Not to mention how our megalomaniac need to do everything 'better' leads to fighting. UFC would look like childsplay if they were to introduce an INTJ fights channel. Anyone INTJ who's ever been in a relationship with another INTJ will know how smooth it goes until a disagreement occurs then it's World War III until one of them just decides to back down because INTJs can take it all the way to the grave.

skunk

INTJforum?

Too much self-absorbtion and fascination with being an 'INTJ'.

Too much general psychology and sociology at a fresher's or senior high-school introductory level. The stuff on theology and religion probably even struggles to make that last level.

The rules stifle the expression of many character's personalities, and attempt to foster a mode of dicussion that is pretty obviously artificial.

A narrow expectation for the behaviour of people identifying as INTJ's, based on the popular descriptors. I'm an INTJ and while being one has tainted and impeded my real life interactions, I'm not remotely like the scientific-orientated strategist/logician (and I'm glad of it). There are different archetypes within the INTJ category and it caters little for INTJ's with a more developed Fi...and I've only very rarely seen members with what seemed to me like a developed Ni.

Too many people and too many of them too young.

--

But saying all that, it does seem to attract a number of rich and intelligent people who clearly seem to enjoy hanging out there.

mysteriosis

MBTI Type
intj
This thread is awesome. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Like another poster mentioned, I found this thread/site by typing intjforum in google and letting autocomplete do the rest. I was curious what was being said about intjf on the net. I'm so glad I found this thread. I've gone through the entire thread and agreed with a lot of what I read. I thought I'd address some points that I think relate to the nature of intjf.

Why is intjf so boring? Because there are a lot of intjs there, and we're kinda boring people. Not to everyone, and not all the time, but to a lot of people, we are boring. We all have different ideas of what fun is, and a lot of people have a lot of fun in intjf. (I'm not one of them... will get to that later).

So why does intjf exist? I'll speculate that someone decided that it would be cool to have a place where intjs could meet others like them. (and they probably figured that an intj forum has to be run strictly to make it really intj. more polarization.) You see, intjs grow up around everyone else without knowing that they're an intj. We just learn through (often painful) experience that we're different - different from family, friends, teachers, pretty much everyone. The day that we discover what mbti and the intj personality is huge for us because it shows us that we aren't alone. Up until that point, many of us were alone, trying to find our place, trying to figure out who we are and why everyone else seems to different from us, yet similar among themselves (even if that's not true, we perceive it to be true because everyone else seems to be having this awesome time and we're not).

So we find a place like intjf and we think, wow, a whole bunch of people who are like me, who get me. I liken it to being dropped in a foreign country, not knowing anyone, the language, customs, and all of a sudden stumbling across a bar where everyone speaks your language and comes from the same place as you. It feels like a part of you has finally found a community that you never had before (not at school, not socially, not even at home). And this community is important, because, at this point in our lives and at this point in the history of technology, most people who discover intjf are teenagers. And as we all know, adolescence is tough.

Too many people and too many of them too young.
I agree. Many, many young people, and the older have to tolerate the young, knowing that they're just starting and trying to figure out who they are. And the young have to tolerate being told that a topic or issue has already been discussed X months ago and shouldn't be brought up again. I think an age range of 18-60 is difficult in the best of circumstances; among intjs, it's a recipe for difficulty. (There was once a facebook group for intjs over 30 because the more elderly didn't want to re-hash every topic that's ever been done. Do we really need an argument over the logic of being an atheist? Well I might now, but to the person who's asking the question, maybe they do)

Anyways, once in the intjf, the intj can be themselves, and who knows what the hell they'll be. They can be anything. They're free to be the person they want to be, something they can't always fulfill in the real world. Plus they like to argue, and be silly, and argue. We do that to figure out what we think. We have ideas and we want to figure out if we're right. The challenge for the intj is to remain open despite the polarization that happens in groups (all groups) when you get like-minded people together. And these are often young people, so they're even more impressionable and stubborn.

So for a lot of intjs, like me, we just don't find that intjf is a good fit. Now I have trouble making friends. period. so an intj forum should be a better place for me to make friends or at least to make like-minded acquaintances. So i post things and usually end up just killing threads. Or start threads that are on page 4 by the time I look at it the next day after work (ie. dead). So I lurk, or to be more specific, I read other threads on topics that I find interesting and contribute the odd comment that gets no reaction. and repeat. Fun? not terribly, since it's predominantly one-way. Boring? maybe. still interesting to me sometimes. One poster made a great point about the real intjs hanging out in the private forums. That's what I tend to do. (Am I a real intj? I think so. That and the tests have always said I am.)

So it's great that there are people who enjoy intjf. I would be pleased if I were one of them. For now, I'm not, and so I lurk. And google and find a thread like this, a thread which, imho, is absolutely 100% worthy of intjf. We should be asking ourselves this question... if only it wouldn't get us banned there.

(apologies for the length... that is, if anyone reads this)

A

Anew Leaf

I don't think INTJs are boring. But they need something else to spark them up and make them more interesting and inspired. Most likely some form of an NFP.

It's like they are a delicious dark chocolate square and we are the sea salt sprinkled on top!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And the young have to tolerate being told that a topic or issue has already been discussed X months ago and shouldn't be brought up again.

That happens? I thought they locked everything after 3 months.

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think INTJs are boring. But they need something else to spark them up and make them more interesting and inspired. Most likely some form of an NFP.

It's like they are a delicious dark chocolate square and we are the sea salt sprinkled on top!

That sounds disgusting.

FYI - I quite enjoy INTJf - particularly since I cannot stand the company of other INTPs (and thus avoid INTPc), and I find that the loose moderation of this forum and the typical derailment of threads, the lack of logical consistency within debates and the laissez-faire stye of posting to be extremely inane and boring.

There are some people in the world that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in.

Jessica

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
I've never been to INTJforum, but if it's anything like INTPcentral (over-zealous cocky people who think everyone is supposed to be just like them or they're another type), I doubt I would have fun there.

Older INTJs and younger INTJs don't tend to mix very well, I've noticed. I'm not entirely sure why this is, but that could have something to do with it. The same thing happens amongst older INTPs and younger INTPs, as well.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds disgusting.

FYI - I quite enjoy INTJf - particularly since I cannot stand the company of other INTPs (and thus avoid INTPc), and I find that the loose moderation of this forum and the typical derailment of threads, the lack of logical consistency within debates and the laissez-faire stye of posting to be extremely inane and boring.

There are some people in the world that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in.

STJs

Pride

MBTI Type
INTP

If you are referring to me, I highly doubt the case. I have considered the possibility as an ISTP some years ago, but after self-analyses over the past several years within the contexts of typical behavior, thinking methodology and how I observe the external world around me, I am quite *certain* that I am an INTP.

Too much in my own head, too detached, too logically consistent, and the lack of desire to actually manipulate or tamper with physical objects/devices/tools that I might find theoretically interesting.

Just because my preference is Perceiving instead of Judging, it does not mean I cannot be both externally decisive (even if I am not internally) and/or rigid in certain outlooks. Once again - I despise administrations with laissez-faire systems of moderation - from forums, to real-world political institutions.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you are referring to me, I highly doubt the case. I have considered the possibility as an ISTP some years ago, but after self-analyses over the past several years within the contexts of typical behavior, thinking methodology and how I observe the external world around me, I am quite *certain* that I am an INTP.

Too much in my own head, too detached, too logically consistent, and the lack of desire to actually manipulate or tamper with physical objects/devices/tools that I might find theoretically interesting.

Just because my preference is Perceiving instead of Judging, it does not mean I cannot be both externally decisive (even if I am not internally) and/or rigid in certain outlooks. Once again - I despise administrations with laissez-faire systems of moderation - from forums, to real-world political institutions.

People "that prefer extremely dry, logically consistent, and serious undertones in virtually every discussion they participate in" are often STJs.

You're just an INTP outlier. An outsider among outsiders.