• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't forget all the ISTJs.

purplesunset

Enneagram
4w5
Going over to the INTJ forum has been a breath of fresh air. It helped me to accept that I am most likely an INTJ after all (as the tests indicate.)

The first thing that struck me like a hammer was that a lot of the things that irked me about messageboards were addressed either explicitly or implicitly in their Rules and Guidelines.

1. They actually have a rule against people saying nothing but "me too!" or "+1" in their response.

I mean, it really sucks to pour my heart out to someone online, and all I get is a simple "thanks for sharing!" :frown:

2. The general tone is more serious. I can be as playful and frivolous as the next guy, but so many messageboards often lean too much to one side. The regulars have all their internal jokes with each other, and take even serious topics down all sorts of inappropriately casual avenues. It makes the discussion seem pointless if people treat it like "just another topic in which to vomit out whatever comes into my head without any serious thought."

3. I learned that contrary to common perception, INTJ's do actually have feelings (oh my!) , and yes, those feelings can run as deep as they do in their INFP counterparts.

4. Though the rules might seem to be too strict and formal on a casual glance, there is an underlying tongue-in-cheek (and dare I say endearing :) ) aspect to them. It's as if the moderators were self-conscious about how stereotypically INTJ it was to set up such formal rules and regulations.

5. The breadth of discussions is amazing and they are quite candid, and not afraid to show themselves in a potentially unflattering light. After all, INTJ's are their own worst critics,and take it from me, they can be harsh, merciless critics with themselves.

Credence

MBTI Type
INTJ
They should just call it Passive-AgressiveForum.

Last edited:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They delete chatty comments where people try to relate personally to each other. INTJf also deletes short back-n-forth comments.

Isn't over-moderation inefficient? Wasted energy? That isn't very INTJ like.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Credence, your baggage is boring.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
in defence of INTJforum, what you perceive as being "boring" doesn't make the reality of the matter any less true.

It's boring because your reality is biased.

I appreciate you had a bad experience and now that's all you can see but it's no different to any other person who leaves a forum feeling jaded and must be appeased, it's biased. Your experience isn't representative.

I'm sure people who are banned/leave this forum take opportunity when they can to talk about how ill-run the management here is.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Maybe it's because INTJs are boring? Has anyone thought of that explanation yet?

Although, I suppose the only really boring thing about an INTJ is Te... Ni and Fi are anything BUT boring. However, Te is what you'll mostly see on the forums, as it's their main Extroverted function.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't had a bad experience. In fact they nearly leave me alone and i've been a member there since 08. My viewpoint comes from seeing OTHER PEOPLE come and go over the years and the way that they are treated. Infact, if anything my view is probably one of the most unbias because i'm not a part of any sides, neither the administration or the ones getting endless, passive-aggressive bans and warnings.

So you're not the person who was booted from chat?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol.

Because clearly, if you are, claiming to be unbiased is a stretch. :newwink:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I neither confirm nor deny that accusation.

That means he is.

No one takes a neutral stance like that if they're innocent of the accusation. It's just a language trick that relies on ambiguity to deflect blame.

That might as well be a confession of guilt, in my book. You should know better than to try such a transparent mental trick on N-dominant types.