• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJforums... I get the idea that most of the INTJs there are other types believing they are INTJs and putting on a cover they think is genuine. And even if they are INTJs, the last thing I would want to see is myself discriminating other's methods only to find out that I work in a similar way.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not that it necessarily invalidates your point, but Usehername is an INTJ.

It's interesting to know that, because it does change which points I'd emphasize. As I initially stated, the original post is from long ago, long before I encountered the INTJforum. So possibly the content, quality and participation has changed since then.

Assuming that she is INTJ and things haven't changed substantially at INTJf, it might just be an issue of what kind of people you prefer to be around. From my own experience, while I understand most INTJs, both in real life and on the net, I find most of them to be "boring" and often obnoxious. As an INTJ myself, I'm sure plenty of other INTJs find me to be boring and obnoxious in return, which really doesn't help with finding fun connections with people!

The "interesting" INTJs I know have developed more than Ni Te (but are still clearly INTJ). The social skills I have been forced to learn to deal with most types don't work on other INTJs who don't have these other functions, in particular Fi. The INTJ-to-INTJ etiquette without any Fi is unique, where the real key for connecting is to determine the other INTJ's focus, what that INTJ "is all about." If you can find and share that focus, there's a real dynamic that develops. The focus can be art or music or movies or computers or science or politics or whatever: the topic isn't INTJ specific, but the intensity of the focus is characteristic of INTJs. INTJs are very guarded and shy, until they are certain of the material under discussion (their focus), at which point the Te and Ni seem to switch places for a while and they open up.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
cuz its full of intjs

V

violaine

I didn't read this thread but I like INTJf. It's interesting to read the thoughts there though granted there is not a lot of banter.

I know they have a reputation for having a fortress mentality. I understand that if it stems from feeling/being misunderstood they way Ni-doms often feel as uumlau neatly delineated.

As an aside I think the kind of behaviors grouped as typically INTJ could use some rigorous sorting. It seems it's become the catch all for anyone asexual, schizoid, emotionally detached.

Last edited:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Really, it's just the Ni. There are two MBTI types that emphasize Ni (INTJ, INFJ), and both of them have this problem of being/feeling misunderstood by others.

Do you not believe that everyone feels misunderstood by at least a proportion of the population to a certain degree from time to time?

It's not reserved to the exclusive domain of Ni doms.

My heavens, even a Te dom or Si dom could feel the same way, imagine that.

Edit: I'm just curious ... to see how you respond ...

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you not believe that everyone feels misunderstood by at least a proportion of the population to a certain degree from time to time?

It's not reserved to the exclusive domain of Ni doms.

My heavens, even a Te dom or Si dom could feel the same way from time to time, imagine that.

Of course everyone feels misunderstood sometimes. But Ni doms, from what I have observed, tend to feel this way pretty much all the time. It's a state of being, not a passing feeling. Even among those of similar types, the internal abstractions that Ni builds really cannot be conveyed between individuals: each individual develops one's Ni models on one's own.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As I initially stated, the original post is from long ago, long before I encountered the INTJforum. So possibly the content, quality and participation has changed since then.

Imo it has become stricter.

Personally I don't describe it as boring tho.

Assuming that she is INTJ and things haven't changed substantially at INTJf, it might just be an issue of what kind of people you prefer to be around.

There are a number of posters here who are most convincingly INTJ however don't like INTJf for whatever reason, Userhername and EffEmDoubleyou are just a couple, it is, like you say, simply a matter of preference.

Also: In the 'misunderstood' stakes, methinks INFPs will always win. They are snowflakes :) Not everyone feels particularly misunderstood tho, PeaceBaby.

Rudy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Being a prominent member there, I'm hardly unbiased, but...

There's a couple reasons I really like INTJf. I really, really like arguing about subjects in science, philosophy, etc., often intensely. In real life, though, and at most forums, I'm often concerned about coming across as offensive, or too intense, or hurting people's feelings. Generally speaking, this is not something I have to worry about there; I can let my tertiary function out, full force.

Then, when I'm done with arguing for a while, I can go hang out in the blogs section, or the lounge, and huggle all the people I like =D

I'm very fond of the firm divide between serious discussion and lighthearted banter there. Sometimes I'm in the mood for one or the other, and that divide isn't really something I've seen elsewhere.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Is it the moderation of the forum?
They delete chatty comments where people try to relate personally to each other. INTJf also deletes short back-n-forth comments.

This leads to absurd consequences. Any crackpot on INTJf can spew nonsense as long as he has a few paragraphs "justifying" the silly nothing-is-as-it-seems view on metaphysics, philosophy, politics, et cetera. As long at it is thoroughly "justified," anything goes. And then they all complain about not having friends, relationships, or meaning in their lives.

Chesterton put it best: "Oddities do not strike odd people. This is why ordinary people have a much more exciting time; while odd people are always complaining of the dulness of life."

And INTJs can definitely be odd. We love them anyway!

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm still reading this thread, but I've gotta tell you that I belly laughed when I read the OP. As an ENFP who lived with an INTJ for four years, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm a member of INTJforum. And let me tell you, I've wanted to post something like, "You guys need to get a little fun in this forum." But I figured I'd be banned as a pesky, trouble-making ENFP. :devil:

Rudy

MBTI Type
INFJ
Any crackpot on INTJf can spew nonsense as long as he has a few paragraphs "justifying" the silly nothing-is-as-it-seems view on metaphysics, philosophy, politics, et cetera. As long at it is thoroughly "justified," anything goes.

And then they all complain about not having friends, relationships, or meaning in their lives.

I'm confused; you stated these two things back to back, same paragraph, as if there were some implied connection on hidden irony in there, but I'm not seeing it. Clarify please?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In answer to the OP: because many INTJs like it that way. I prefer the concise and logical layout of INTJf to the chaos of TC, here I can spend half an hour trying to find a post that is engaging and non-vague enough that I wish to reply to; over the other side of the wall I can usually do so within less than 5 minutes.

If you look at the INTJ section of Personalitycafe, the same structure has popped up with the regard to topics and posts.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned

Then I guess your view is not substantiable and based on your biases of what you think INTJs are or want or you simply don't care; in which case I would say that an ENTJ would not state it as they only do something because they perceive the rationality of it. Note the quiet drollness of ENTJforum then reconsider your position.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Then I guess your view is not substantiable
I don't care if my view is "substantiable," whatever that means.

An observation is not an argument.

I agree that nothing is bumpin' over at ENTJforum. You're not thinking clearly if you believe that developing a set of rules and strictly enforcing them in the style of INTJf would increase traffic-- extroverts simply are less likely to hangout online.

INTJf does have a lot of crackpottery and boohooing about social ineptitude. Since they've outlawed social competence and succinct interactions, of course it will attract dry personalities. It is unfair to claim all INTJs are like this-- I'm friends with several fun upbeat people who self-identify as INTJ in real life.