• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why is INTJforum So Boring?

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Who did that, and why?

I don't remember who, but I believe the 'why' amounted to: "There aren't any regular INFP posters there, change that pls."

Sorry EsoteriEccentri - yes, some INFPs have stayed. When I first went there, a long time ago, I remembered that I liked it very much. There are some bright spots - very bright indeed.

Last edited:

heart

heart on fire
If INTJ descriptions had included "saucy", "alluring" and "pantaloon-wearing", then perhaps the forum would be more interesting. Which is not to say that INTJs aren't naturally saucy, alluring or have a penchant for puffy pants.

My inferior Te wants to point out that pantaloons, worn in the regency period weren't really puffy. Certainly they were tighter than many baggy pants worn today.

Yes, I agree though, if there were a lot of dashing pantaloon wearing dandies over there, I would probably go there more often too. I might even post.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, I think most of the points have already been said...

What could I add, frankly?

---

The purpose of "mono-type" fora doesn't look so uninteresting. As a matter of fact, it's a great tool to decipher the trends working underneath the MBTI theory, or to understand an alien function.

So, I may look odd, but I enjoyed my short stay on the INTJ-f. I learned plenty of things, that's true. Observing, noticing, interacting sometimes...

Hence, the paradox is that "mono-type" fora are only useful when they are able to welcome "foreigners". According to this theory, INTP-c is the least useful mono-type forum, since its existence causes a lot of harm and prejudice against most INTPs (and frankly, they don't deserve this).
On the other hand, INFP-gc and ENTP.org are very pleasant and tolerant places.

---

But let's go back to INTJ-f. I'd say the main problem is not the people who dwell there, it's the administrators who emphasize on their own strict views of what an INTJ should be. They want every INTJs to be pristine, perfect examples of their own biased interpretation of INTJ-ness, and this is absurd.
Their desire to control everything, every possible parameters turned this place into an ubuesque black-and-white nightmare where the use of emoticons becomes a capital crime. :vader1:

Most INTJs I know aren't like that, they should be allowed to roam free. :huh:
Look at their reaction here, on MBTI-c, their revolt is normal, reassuring and justified.

Thus, I have nicknamed INTJ-f as "The asylum of doctor Tarr and professor Fether" (Cf the short story written by Edgar Allan Poe), where the insane people are actually in charge of the institution.

mini-frappadingue-12839.gif

Last edited:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I personally liked the old blue 'n gray, it was easy on the eyes and differentiated it from the rest of the forums I frequent.

INTJs should be allowed to roam free, like chickens before they are slaughtered...

Wait, that came out wrong.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
I heard that. Commiting mutiny on your own kind, Hap?

Shall I tell Jezebel of your blasphemy, Blackmail!?

In defense of her, this is her reason.

Why do we have rules?
The purpose of having rules on this forum is to maintain an environment that fosters mature and intelligent discussion. The moderators do their best to be fair and consistent; however, disharmonious situations may arise that we were unable to predict in the rules. In these cases, we will use our discretion about what steps to take in order to correct these situations.

Please keep in mind that this is a privately run site. As such, we do have the right to discontinue the use of our services to any member for any behavior we see as destructive to the kind of community we want to maintain.

These rules and guidelines are not set in stone and will be changed as necessary.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
That just proves you have never been there or you have not actually explored it.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hey, there aren't actually THAT many INTJs on there trying to be arrogant jerks.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Arrogant jerk is relative and subjective. LOL. But you are right in my case.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
I checked it out a few weeks ago and my word is "sterile."

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hence, the paradox is that "mono-type" fora are only useful when they are able to welcome "foreigners". According to this theory, INTP-c is the least useful mono-type forum, since its existence causes a lot of harm and prejudice against most INTPs (and frankly, they don't deserve this).

That is NOT the purpose of INTPc.

sriv

MBTI Type
JIxT
Hey, at least it runs fast and saves bandwidth.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have a theory.

INTJs are usually described as like predatory animals. Because of certain things that are pretty common to the type, it seems that a group of INTJs would not get along very well. You know, that they're very independent, outspoken people who have differing opinions from the norm, and assumingly each other, doesn't seem like it would foster the best environment for camraderie. Instead, rather like too many predatory animals inhabiting the same place, there would be territorial fights all the time.

Instead of the interesting arguments that one would expect from these kinds of people clashing, well, there's a lot of ego-stroking and agreement. Because there is a lack of disagreement, it is safe to conclude that most of the people on INTJ-f are not actual INTJs.

Or... maybe I'm just trying to rationalize my disappointment with that forum...