User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Yeah, me too. I have high Ne for an INTJ... (comes from living with an ENFP as a dad and my only iNtuitive source of stimulation until junior high). I still don't really understand Ti and I don't remember it standing out on the cp online test, but my Fe skills are pretty rad (these were (and still are), however, drilled into me by my ISFJ mom, as well as consciously developed once I was old enough to realize the value in non-mom-style Feing.
    *gasp!* so the myths are true! There ARE intjs in existence that can be hugged!

You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Some of us like hugging.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Some of us like hugging.
    Ah, come here wolfie.

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm still a bit reserved about it. Only people I really like, as long as they seem willing...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

lol elfie

My physical touching divides into three categories:
    1. I find I reach out to touch (shoulder, arm, etc.) that percentage of the population that seems uncomfortable and desiring acknowledgement, etc. naturally because it's been so consciously ingrained into me since I decided that was something important.

2. I find 90% of the population I don't have any desire to touch (or be touched by).

3. I find I want to touch my closest friends with whom I have bared my soul because I trust and love them so much. This includes things like feeling mild angst when I haven't seen my close female friend for a while, and she's in the room but talking to someone else because they got to her first... I just want to drag her away and sit next to her and be a little cuddly and breathe her soul for a little while. Then I'll be "normal" again and not need it for a while.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I don't feel a competitive atmosphere.
    To be honest, compared to the16types.info, I feel no competitive atmosphere here. I couldn't even imagine being insulted here, because I'm so used to the flaming wars of the16types.info. It's a far more hostile board than any I've encountered or post on at the moment. This is why I like MBTIc; it's like a breath of fresh air to actually discuss a wide variety of topics with mature individuals. Although I don't post here as often as I do there, I like this atmosphere far more than I do that one. It's more relaxed and less hostile. Actually, this place is quite like EIDB, the board I've been on the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWounds View Post
    INTJfourm is like being trapped in my own head, there's nothing new, nothing fresh, I might as well have a conversation with myself.
    Any community that limits itself to one type of person will always either fall apart or stagnate. Human beings cannot not have diversity and progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.
    Would ISTJs really care that much about theoretical pursuits like INTJs do though?

I didn't consider anyone there as seriously smart... like I say, real INTJs are 1:1000 not 2.2%.
    You've got to remember that individuals who feel like a rarity will often seek out these kinds of places, so that you will actually find boards populated by tons of NFs and NTs, even though they're collectively supposed to constitute 20% of the population or whatever. SJs and SPs aren't as interested in this kind of thing as NTs and NFs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Is your distant ancestory Norman by any chance?
    Whose isn't? Most caucasians, especially those from Britain, and those who emmigrated to the US, will have Norman ancestry.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Would ISTJs really care that much about theoretical pursuits like INTJs do though?
    But a lot of the posters aren't talking theory/ideas; I think some are self-identifying as one of the "misunderstood genius types" and use that as a way to gain self-respect because they don't fit in anywhere IRL. Some just talk facts back and forth (without taking the facts and imagining possibilities).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
    Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.
    Because they're a bunch of egotistical, escapist jerks. Yes, I just got banned from it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Because they're a bunch of egotistical, escapist jerks. Yes, I just got banned from it.
    hehehe.

Ohwwww.

I got banned from INTPc. lol

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm new from INTJf.

I haven't left entirely, though, but it was fun for a while and just got boring.

The total lack of Fe in the place didn't bother me at all... what bothers me is yes, the elitist mentality and also the absolute lack of anything new. I found myself mostly sorting out disputes rather than actually finding any decent information or discussion.

But yes, there was idealization of anything having to do with INTJ, and also so many people complained of how they had been wronged by the general populace -- that's what got me most. And they just wouldn't shut up about it, because apparently society has to bend over backwards for them just because they're INTJ.

I'm still there trying to sort out the filth from what's actually useful. I have gotten into some interesting discussion, but after a while, the novetly just wears off.

For some reason I ended up at INFPgc, but I couldn't stand the absolute disorganized nature of the place. Hopefully... here will be better.