User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 444

  1. #51
    Senior Member Cypocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/
    Posts
    252

    Default

    edit: wrong post

  2. #52
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Speaking of a forum, I would personally love to see an inFj forum. Wow. Wow.

    I would lurk.


    (like this)
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  3. #53
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Speaking of a forum, I would personally love to see an inFj forum. Wow. Wow.

    I would lurk.


    (like this)
    That would be scary.

    INFJs can be completely unrecognizable to each other. Such a forum would certainly have a great deal of variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Veneti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    XNTX
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Cognitive processes theory only has the 16 personality types, but it takes into account the varying strengths of other functions. The original theory suggests that sensors have no intuition or feelers are incapable of thinking, and that does far more to blur the reality of personality. If you consider that all 16 personality types has the same 8 functions, but in varying degrees of preference and usage, then you get a much more realistic perception of personality than simple dichotomies. It doesn't sit well with people who want to judge others as inferior to their type, but it makes much more sense and actually decreases the error resulting from dismissing individual differences.
    I'll have to look more closely at this one. Simply because there are 8 which are used in active and passive tense. Which to me does nothing more than MBTI other than rehash the same info, but in a way that is even more blurred. People are people irrespective of the test. Only more questions can see the variability in traits, or overlaying a different test like the ennegram.

    As before this Ti Te etc is actually more problematic than MBTI straight out.

    Simply stated, I can use all the traits shown which proves nothing. I guess you can prove something if the person does not use a specific trait ever. What about the frequency of oscillation or the amplitude, all things that cannot be shown.

    As an example.

    extraverted Thinking (Te) (passive) Follow steps, points and time tables.

    (active) Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

    introverted Thinking (Ti) (passive) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles.

    (active) Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.

    Errr... I do all of the above to different degrees (amplitude) on different occassions depending on the analysis I must do. Do I have a preference? Or good use? Or active use? Errr... I use them all and all to a high degree as required.

    Ability to me is more like the thinking in a distributed way of processing. Like to do analytical creativity in parallel. i.e. both hemispheres... the dual core thinking mode. White matter, Grey matter, Left and right all sparking together.

  5. #55
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    If I remember rightly your ennegram (sp) is something like mine 8w7, which speaks volumes.... basically all the intjforum people there are 5w types. e.g. ISTJs that have a bit of N and call themselves INTJs.
    Interesting point. I identify with very few people on INTJ forum, but I identify with many INTJs on this forum (of which, a far greater majority appear to be 8's).

    I suspect that, for the most part, many of the INTJs on INTJ forum are making up for real life...and acting in a manner more congruent with how they wish to be percieved, rather than how they actually are...which results in all the one-up manship and personal attacks.

    INTJforum - The only place in the world where being a social retard makes you cool.

    With that said, I find some of the threads very interesting, but it is usually on topics that I had no knowledge of. Otherwise, it just seems like something I would have come up with, repeated by 100 other people.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  6. #56
    Furry Critter with Claws Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    OMNi
    Posts
    2,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    I'll have to look more closely at this one. Simply because there are 8 which are used in active and passive tense. Which to me does nothing more than MBTI other than rehash the same info, but in a way that is even more blurred. People are people irrespective of the test. Only more questions can see the variability in traits, or overlaying a different test like the ennegram.

    As before this Ti Te etc is actually more problematic than MBTI straight out.

    Simply stated, I can use all the traits shown which proves nothing. I guess you can prove something if the person does not use a specific trait ever. What about the frequency of oscillation or the amplitude, all things that cannot be shown.

    As an example.

    extraverted Thinking (Te) (passive) Follow steps, points and time tables.

    (active) Create structure, reason by measures and evidence, and implement complex plans.

    introverted Thinking (Ti) (passive) Adhere to definitions and impersonal principles.

    (active) Analyze a problem using a framework, and find an angle or leverage by which to solve it.

    Errr... I do all of the above to different degrees (amplitude) on different occassions depending on the analysis I must do. Do I have a preference? Or good use? Or active use? Errr... I use them all and all to a high degree as required.

    Ability to me is more like the thinking in a distributed way of processing. Like to do analytical creativity in parallel. i.e. both hemispheres... the dual core thinking mode. White matter, Grey matter, Left and right all sparking together.
    The point is every individual does use all the functions to a degree and personality measurements attempt to determine to what degree people utilize each of the 8 functions. I don't think it is possible for a person to never utilize any one of the 8 functions. It's certainly helped me understand the variety within my own personality type. I have high Fi which I believe tends to make me more argumentative than the average INFJ, and it can at times even overshadow my Fe.

    But it seems the core of your argument is that you believe it "blurs" the distinction of the types. I don't think that is a bad thing because in reality there aren't clear distinctions between the personality types. It comes down to strength of preference and patterns of usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

  7. #57
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    ^ kiddo has a point. I'm beginning to find a preference for the cognitive functions rather than just mbti type alone. the strengths/weaknesses of the 8 functions tell you more than just the binary mbti type.

    eg, for myself, my 3rd and 4th functions are weak, but my 5th to 8th functions are strong (Ni, Fi etc). Which is why, even as an intp, i appear 'soft' and 'un-intp-like'. Believe Magic, as an intp, is in the same situation as me; altho we've different enneagram results tho.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  8. #58
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    ^ kiddo has a point. I'm beginning to find a preference for the cognitive functions rather than just mbti type alone. the strengths/weaknesses of the 8 functions tell you more than just the binary mbti type.

    eg, for myself, my 3rd and 4th functions are weak, but my 5th to 8th functions are strong (Ni, Fi etc). Which is why, even as an intp, i appear 'soft' and 'un-intp-like'. Believe Magic, as an intp, is in the same situation as me; altho we've different enneagram results tho.
    Yeah, me too. I have high Ne for an INTJ... (comes from living with an ENFP as a dad and my only iNtuitive source of stimulation until junior high). I still don't really understand Ti and I don't remember it standing out on the cp online test, but my Fe skills are pretty rad (these were (and still are), however, drilled into me by my ISFJ mom, as well as consciously developed once I was old enough to realize the value in non-mom-style Feing.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  9. #59
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    http://www.personalitypathways.com/faces.html

    Most notably, "The Type Letters Are Not Additive"
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  10. #60
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    http://www.personalitypathways.com/faces.html

    Most notably, "The Type Letters Are Not Additive"
    Ha, I read that as "addictive"... and thought it was sarcasm.

    Anyhoo, I agree. It isn't reductive, you can't understand the whole by just looking at each piece separately -- it's how the functions interact in relation to each other that creates a type snapshot.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] From an ESFP: Why is everyone so surprised when I say something intelligent?!
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM
  2. Why is everyone so upset about AIG bonuses being contractually fufilled?
    By Venom in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  4. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO