User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    XNTX

In favour of INTJForum is that at least you could have a complementary discussion.

The problem I come across over and over is generally with INTPs. Not sure why so many of them are a problem. I seriously believe that many are actually ISTPs just as many INTJ are more ISTJs in their thinking. INTJs don't argue with ISTJs, but an ISTP is a million light years away from an INTJ and when they think they're INTPs then they think they are on par. Which they are not, hence the propensity to pick on trivia (anything to get some sort of "win").

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I logged on once, looked at the forum rules, and thought it felt like a jail. So I left and never returned.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Bit busy. Must trot.
    A blogging cow that thinks on the hoof?

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    The problem I come across over and over is generally with INTPs. Not sure why so many of them are a problem. I seriously believe that many are actually ISTPs just as many INTJ are more ISTJs in their thinking. INTJs don't argue with ISTJs, but an ISTP is a million light years away from an INTJ and when they think they're INTPs then they think they are on par. Which they are not, hence the propensity to pick on trivia (anything to get some sort of "win").
    Why would an ISTP not be "on par" with an INTJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Why would an ISTP not be "on par" with an INTJ?
    In thought trait orientation they aren't.

Even INTJs who are low on N or T are quite different.

The less thinking and Intuitive a person is, the easier it is to argue with them.

(Although high NFs seem to be very thinking).

MBTI
    ENFP

High N or high F?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

In favour of INTJForum is that at least you could have a complementary discussion.

Hey, what? INTJs are very similar to ISTPs in a lot of ways, although different in some important areas. Certainly our argument styles can be similar. And I'm not sure what you mean by "on par" so I'm refraining from judging you until you clarify.

edit: actually I've considered joining the forum, because I get along so well with INTJs in RL. Never really got around to it though...

MBTI
    OMNi

In thought trait orientation they aren't.

Even INTJs who are low on N or T are quite different.

The less thinking and Intuitive a person is, the easier it is to argue with them.

ISTP's dominant function is Ti. Are you suggesting that Sensing is inferior to Intution when it comes arguing?

I also think it is dangerous to judge people strictly by their type. (Although I do it a lot when I want to be a dick. ) Individual differences such as intelligence, maturity, experience, and personality development play a far greater role in a person's ability to discuss things than simply their personality type. One of the main problem's with INTJcentral is that the vast majority of their members are males in their late teens or early twenties of varying degrees of intelligence and maturity. You have a much wider variety of age groups and experiences on a forum like this one.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Cality View Post
    High N or high F?
    Dunno, probably more the N. As it would seem that really intuitive people don't rule things out of hand outright. Generally they will seek more information and suggest alternatives.

Hence, less arguments over trivia.

Yes, ok folks.

How you get along with people is far more than type. Although types have "some" correlation with compatibility.

I would also like to say that I don't actually believe all the Ne and Ni etc etc opposites. I have yet to see a proper division, or I must simply be both esp on the Te and Ti. I personally think that about 16 different types is about as detailed as you can go before it gets too blurred. Even with 16 types there's a high error factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?

Why? Why?

I can't figure it out. Someone please explain or throw out ideas.
    In my opinion...

Firstly, its the moderator, or dare I say the camp commander. Who tends the electrified barbed wire.

She isn't an INTJ as far as I could tell.

When I breached "bail conditions" I was warned about promoting my own site. I'm a naughty boy.

Which then leads to anyone that has any flexibility, to thinking WTF! why should I post and contribute and build that site. She can FRO and I told her so. I got banned but my content kept. Shot at dawn.

Hence, we end up with quite J types that can stand the regimentation... or enjoy the dominatrix approach. :steam:

..... Oh.. I enjoy sarcasm far too much...
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 07-23-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: merged posts

MBTI
    OMNi

Yes, ok folks.

How you get along with people is far more than type. Although types have "some" correlation with compatibility.

I would also like to say that I don't actually believe all the Ne and Ni etc etc opposites. I have yet to see a proper division, or I must simply be both esp on the Te and Ti. I personally think that about 16 different types is about as detailed as you can go before it gets too blurred. Even with 16 types there's a high error factor.
    Cognitive processes theory only has the 16 personality types, but it takes into account the varying strengths of other functions. The original theory suggests that sensors have no intuition or feelers are incapable of thinking, and that does far more to blur the reality of personality. If you consider that all 16 personality types has the same 8 functions, but in varying degrees of preference and usage, then you get a much more realistic perception of personality than simple dichotomies. It doesn't sit well with people who want to judge others as inferior to their type, but it makes much more sense and actually decreases the error resulting from dismissing individual differences.