User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    type

concur with whatever. personally, for me, because i'm an intp, i try to mix more with other types. Have found that being with other intps tend to reinforce negativity. two negative electron clouds should never be together.

besides, it's more fun and affirming, and instructive, to learn from ALL types, rather than sticking with one type.

Perhaps in the end, the best type to be is XXXX. balanced enough for all of life; the centre of self still being self.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

balance is a good thing- any site that swings too far in one direction or another seems to only end up as potentially harming its members by polarizing them.

^ agreeing with elfie
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    You're theory is an interesting one but has a tiny weakness... You have catagorized a whole people as one type! Quite clearly any self-respecting Viking would have a strong interest in rape and pillage (supplimented by a bit of trade and fishing) - more S than N, more E than I more P than J and probably more F than T!

Lastly, I've known quite a few Scandinavians and there doesn't appear to be any greater concentration of INTJs there than anywhere else IMO. If there were your theory might be worth exploring more. Do you have any figures?

Edit: You'll find the Normans were very active in Ireland: Normans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Of course you can say I have categorised a whole people as one type, but your argument is flawed. I am not saying that all Viking/Norman are INTJ 8w. I am saying that INTJ 8w could be residual invader genes. Big difference.

The Vikings that got off their butts and got into ships were a different trait type than those they left behind. Just like immigrant countries have a different outlook and propensity.

In terms of "scientific proof" there is none, thats why the questions are being asked! Also, the plausible reply from my side is supply evidence that refutes my investigation and intuition.

Too many people (especially those indoctrinated by universities) somehow believe everything in life is "true" unless proven with numbers. If it feels right, and it doesn't contradict my knowledge frameworks then it is approximately true until other evidence comes along to change it.

As for the Normans in Dublin. Depends on what you define as material. Prior to 1066 there were not that many Normans in the UK. I also have a feeling that Viking and Norman identities have been mixed, quite possibly Vikings started calling themselves Normans. The Vikings settled in Dublin and may have "hosted" the Normans (To what extent I don't know) and I wouldn't quote Wikipedia as the authoritative guide.

Here's the backup. Hell, "Normans" invaded Ireland 100 years after the battle of hastings... The first Norman knight to land in Ireland was Richard fitz Godbert de Roche in 1167, but it was not until 1169 that the main body of Norman, Welsh and Flemish forces landed in Wexford.

Lastly, given that my ancestry is absolutely Norman (Try looking at the First Secretary of State for England as an example) I am always keen to see if there are other Viking/Norman descendents that can be typed. Just as Blonde hair can show your genetic past, so too can other traits.

MBTI
    INTP

I would probably generally agree with Wolf's concensus; I would bet the vast majority of Aspies are Introverted Rationals (I don't think the other way around though). Could you seriously imagine your typical person with Aspergers to be anything else? Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking...

As for the Viking argument, I think the cultural standard the Vikings had was established primarily by NTJs, but the majority were still Guardians, who were heartlessly raping and pillaging because that's what their culture told them to do. The Viking Artisans raped and pillaged because battle was fun and exciting, and Idealists; I'm not sure why Idealists would want to fight Viking-style.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Subjective points of view that have no merit would never be used in our thought processes.
    Maybe, as I've seen, your point of view is wrong and beliefs are severely skewed due to utilizing poor and/or biased sources. We don't come to accept a certain way of thinking lightly.
    Wow, so basically your entire argument is an ad hominem and you have the gall to tell me that I'm not objective.

This is exactly why I dislike INTJcentral. Statements like "[your] subjective points of view" and "Your point is wrong and beliefs are severely skewed" just prove my point about how INTJs prefer to insult your ideas rather than intelligently discuss them. Basically the argument is my type of thinking is different than their way of thinking, therefore it must be inferior, "subjective," "biased," and "skewed." It just isn't worth my time to argue against that kind of idiocy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

INTJs prefer to insult your ideas rather than intelligently discuss them.

It just isn't worth my time to argue against that kind of idiocy.
    This kid makes me lol irl

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    This kid makes me lol irl
    Hey, if he wants to talk about why he perceives my thoughts as, "subjective," "biased," and "skewed" then I'm all for a good discussion. But coming into a thread and making those claims completely unsupported is asinine. At least I had his own words to back up my assertions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    If it feels right, and it doesn't contradict my knowledge frameworks then it is approximately true until other evidence comes along to change it.
    Bwahahhahahha. "Appoximately true"; love it! (- you are an ENTP!)

Interesting~^. You should perhaps create a new thread if you want to, er, digress? I think the original OP was getting at INTJforum.

I look forward to hearing about your extensive knowledge of Irish history. Early post you claimed the Normans were never in Ireland ["Almost certain the Normans didn't venture to Ireland"] but in a latter you expound fantastical knowledge of their arrival - with dates!

Problem is this: when you mess up basic facts it questions the reasoning of your *theory*.

We wouldn't want to derail things. I'm sure the mods would remove these posts to the new thread if you asked them nicely.

Bit busy. Must trot.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Someone posted that same type forums induce an acceptance of all the qualities as "right"

I say lack of diversity induces sleep and death
    some side effects may incur
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ

I can understand that the style of the INTJ forum is an aquired taste and it may seem too cold and boring to some people.

However, there are also many positive points about the forum. I find it to be rather interesting. I don't feel a competitive atmosphere. I think people are just being consistently reasonable to the point of not showing emotion. There's alot of thought provoking discussion going on and most of the posts are of high quality. I think it's a good forum overall.