User Tag List

First 24323334353644 Last

Results 331 to 340 of 444

  1. #331
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    The reason why I prefer the dry, overly-serious undertones of INTJf is because there are people there who will engage me, intellectually and on a consistent basis. Those who DO NOT follow logic, or provide sufficient and reasonable explanations and/or evidence for their arguments are called out on their bullshit and subsequently ignored and/or ridiculed.
    I'm afraid they fall on basis of subjectivity of pride as a great negative inclination of the particular site in general. In cases such as members who bear themselves as one's who have just recently entered the forums, if they prove to show high intellectual capacity and greatly over-toned within the area of seriousness, the unfortunate case is that they may likely be banned far too soon. The interesting instance of the user who entered with fantastic precision and intellect in the few posts he brought about was immediately bombarded with replies of offense in the ways the regulars of INTJforum do such. I'd believe such was because of belief in the individual being a threat to pride. And so he was banned by the 15th post, all of which were texts of deep intellectual musings in utmost seriousness. Neither a counter-argument nor an indication of understanding but adherence to the mob mentality.
    The strong clinging to pride within the forums makes it almost artificial in value of conversation as acceptance would be widely unused. Status would be a hidden requirement.

    Edit: I had just noticed your username was 'pride'. Quite coincidental.

  2. #332
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    Nice trolls from this site infesting INTJf. Don't worry, they'll get banned soon enough.
    Nope, I'm over 1000 posts. I will troll and troll hard!

  3. #333
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    I'm afraid they fall on basis of subjectivity of pride as a great negative inclination of the particular site in general. In cases such as members who bear themselves as one's who have just recently entered the forums, if they prove to show high intellectual capacity and greatly over-toned within the area of seriousness, the unfortunate case is that they may likely be banned far too soon. The interesting instance of the user who entered with fantastic precision and intellect in the few posts he brought about was immediately bombarded with replies of offense in the ways the regulars of INTJforum do such. I'd believe such was because of belief in the individual being a threat to pride. And so he was banned by the 15th post, all of which were texts of deep intellectual musings in utmost seriousness. Neither a counter-argument nor an indication of understanding but adherence to the mob mentality.
    Sigh, you got so glowy!
    ...I wish I had a boyfriend who would talk about me like that.



    Anyhoo, I haven't had any issues whatsoever on INTJf, and I have over 150 posts. While the site definitely has a unique vibe to it, I don't perceive the mob as being so brutal and stupid enough to result in mods banning someone within 15 posts (15 posts?!) if they are actually intelligent, insightful, and responsible enough to perceive/meld into established forum culture rather than tracking the equivalent of mud and shit all over the furniture. That must be a record of some sort.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #334
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Anyhoo, I haven't had any issues whatsoever on INTJf, and I have over 150 posts. While the site definitely has a unique vibe to it, I don't perceive the mob as being so brutal and stupid enough to result in mods banning someone within 15 posts (15 posts?!) if they are actually intelligent, insightful, and responsible enough to perceive/meld into established forum culture rather than tracking the equivalent of mud and shit all over the furniture. That must be a record of some sort.
    I do believe you bring about good tact within your posts to allow for both understanding of your thoughts as well as not seem like any particular threat towards anyone in general. It is doubtful you would have issues in such a sense. Also, considering quite a lot of the interactions there are a bit, 'tick and tock' nothing would necessarily seem to be any problem. Only when it comes to something that appears out of place I'd think.

    Starting a new thread without that certain tact that tackle certain controversial topics will likely result in aggressive replies. I don't mean the people of INTJf are brutal or stupid but rather slightly scornful to people who might have a point to such topics but lack the tact to take a more submissive approach. The individual was simply stating observations in an analytical fashion and concluding based upon them. The method of style was highly frequent with his posts and many did not take a liking to it judging by the replies.

  5. #335
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Starting a new thread without that certain tact that tackle certain controversial topics will likely result in aggressive replies. I don't mean the people of INTJf are brutal or stupid but rather slightly scornful to people who might have a point to such topics but lack the tact to take a more submissive approach. The individual was simply stating observations in an analytical fashion and concluding based upon them. The method of style was highly frequent with his posts and many did not take a liking to it judging by the replies.
    Considering we're both likely thinking of the same person, and considering the same scenario has played out again and again and again on MANY different sites comprised of the entire range of MBTI types, with very similar outcomes.... I'm not sure why the assumption seems to be that some sort of "mob mentality" is responsible for the outcome rather than the one person who is the common denominator among all of these scenarios.

    It's seemingly a conscious decision on the part of the common denominator to persist in a communication style that cannot and never has effectively conveyed all the wondrous insights. Since the only person gratified by the outcome on any level seems to be the person in question, it seems like the behavior has only ever been geared toward the benefit of the individual -- a benefit probably revolving around how one can then frame oneself against the prevailing cultures.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #336
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Considering we're both likely thinking of the same person, and considering the same scenario has played out again and again and again on MANY different sites comprised of the entire range of MBTI types, with very similar outcomes....

    It's seemingly a conscious decision on the part of the common denominator to persist in a communication style that cannot and never has effectively conveyed all the wondrous insights. Since the only person gratified by the outcome on any level seems to be the person in question, it seems like the behavior has only ever been geared toward the benefit of the individual -- a benefit probably revolving around how one can then frame oneself against the prevailing cultures.


    Are we talking about InvisibleJim?

  7. #337
    Listening Oaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    6,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Considering we're both likely thinking of the same person, and considering the same scenario has played out again and again and again on MANY different sites comprised of the entire range of MBTI types, with very similar outcomes.... I'm not sure why the assumption seems to be that some sort of "mob mentality" is responsible for the outcome rather than the one person who is the common denominator among all of these scenarios.

    It's seemingly a conscious decision on the part of the common denominator to persist in a communication style that cannot and never has effectively conveyed all the wondrous insights. Since the only person gratified by the outcome on any level seems to be the person in question, it seems like the behavior has only ever been geared toward the benefit of the individual -- a benefit probably revolving around how one can then frame oneself against the prevailing cultures.
    I believe it is highly unlikely we are thinking of the same person Jennifer. The person I'm speaking of would be a member of this as well as a few other typology websites, non of which he was banned from. He often speaks in a manner people would not often recognise. But mostly groups in which pride of intelligence is a game they play themselves with, would react negatively towards. Of which I'd believe would be because of a lack of understanding.

    If we can imagine a user like SolitaryWalker entering with his thoughts about the folk typological methods being used often and explaining why it's not the most efficient method of typing it would be of a similar case.

  8. #338
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Without any attempts to bash it, I've been trying to wrap my head around it. Why is INTJforum so boring? What MBTIological reason could there be to explain the phenomenon that occurs when you bring a bunch of Ni/Teers together?

    One on one, I have found the few INTJ relationships I have had to be full of sparks (and then full of "forgetting to communicate" time, but, still, the INTJ-INTJ singular relationship is not boring).
    Why is it boring when you bring a bunch of INTJs together?

    Is it the moderation of the forum? The mod seems like a kind but incredibly closed-minded (and therefore forum-limiting?) person, from general observation and the few PMs I have exchanged with her. Is it a Cognitive Function reason?
    INTP here. Love it. Find it a lot more open-minded than some other sites, and equally open as the INTP sites.

    As to why you find it so boring, may I suggest that it's because INTJs are IJ? I = Introvert, interested in self more than others. J = Judging, expresses oneself as being more interested in self's decisions more than others'. Combination leads to a very self-oriented system of interests and decisions. So the question is only about you, and the answer is only about you. How you get from your question to your answer, others can contribute. But the question is already fixed, and so is the conclusion. Start to feel like all you can contribute is the INTJ's rationalisations for his/her own argument.

    It would also be nice if INTJs were aware of this, and did something about it. But IJ means that they are less likely to ask the questions that others ask about them, and less likely to come up with a conclusion that others would say. E.G.:

    Person: INTJs are soooo boring.

    INTJ: I don't find myself boring. I see no reason why I should be considered boring, and I talk about lots of things that I am interested in. Ergo, I am not boring and am very interesting. Care to tell me why I should conclude that I am interesting? No? Then you are deluded. Good-bye.
    Just a sample. But you can see what I mean, about INTJs tending to not ask the question, and then to answer it with the answer that they like. Too inward-focussed. Not enough balance.

  9. #339
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Read this thread.

    Not so boring! But too easy to make Nazi jokes.

  10. #340
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    BRING REDSCORPION BACK!

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] From an ESFP: Why is everyone so surprised when I say something intelligent?!
    By KarenParker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 05:23 AM
  2. Why is everyone so upset about AIG bonuses being contractually fufilled?
    By Venom in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Why is it so hard to not feed the trolls?
    By Zergling in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 05:23 AM
  4. Why is this so funny?
    By proteanmix in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO